Where will be your first stop?

I have a habit of driving to the Sa Caleta beach immediately after landing for a quick swim (before checking in at the hotel). It's close to the airport, tranquil, beautiful, and you get to watch landing planes if the wind is from the East. Builds up anticipation.

That's where I am heading to the next time I am on the island (assuming it will be in the warm season).
Nice shout - Sa Caleta.

I was thinking about what I usually do first, without just saying collect supplies. Head towards the sea, smile and have a cold beer. It would be Itaca in San An to people watch, the families (not too dissimilar to us now), the young clubbers heading to OBC or still upto no good, the looky looky lads doing their stuff--all over looking the beach and harbour.

Being picked up by family members, driven to Sa Caleta for a beer and sea food en route to San An a few years ago sticks out as good start.

Friends are booking for 10th July ?

It’s normally Ibiza Rocks bar for us. Pitta and a cocktail and people watching. I absolutely love sitting there for a couple hours just watching people either going to or coming from OB (depending on the time of day) in a bit of a state. Ahhhh San Antonio ?

People watching should be recognised as an Olympic sport!

First time I took my missus to Ibiza we were sitting waiting for our steak outside David’s in San An, and we watched a lad being helped across the road by his mates. He was on his tip toes the whole way, in only his swimming shorts and blowing kisses up at the sky ?‍♂️?

Also saw a lookie lookie man getting chased across the beach by the police. He was doing the shittest dad run ever, due to wearing flip flops and being on the sand. After about four strides he ended up piling into the ground in a dying swan routine. Then went onto his knees with his hands up as if the police were going to shoot him or something ?

Such a rich environment for people watching ??

People watching.? Yes I'm going on holiday to watch from a bar.. fck sake you are on holiday leave the fashion police and judgement at home

Last edited:
Yeah, no real judgement, I just love watching all the different people in Ibiza.
Sitting at Ritas for breakfast in the morning is another great 'people watcher' place.

Ibiza is actually one of the very small amount of places where I won't sit and scroll my phone mindlessly because I just love watching the world go by!

love people watching at cafes, esp in the evening around Plaça del Parc. Is that acrobatic stiltwalker still there?

first port of call for me depends on time of arrival. my ideal is straight off the morning ferry and straight to Cala Nova

each to their own craigster. personally I also always thought ibiza is a great place to peoplewatch because of the variety of people / characters around.
Sitting outside jet apartments when Bora Bora was happening watching mangled people coming up from the beach when the party moved inside. Those faces passing the skewered meat place were priceless. Same guys couldn't put 3 papers together an hour ago now they are going to wrestle a meat skewer and chips..

You could be paying just to people watch this season.. from a pre booked table at some club/ restaurant. Enjoy that.. LoL
Sitting at a restaurant with some good food, cocktails, with friends, watching the sunset and people strolling by. Sounds pretty good to me

It may look weird, but the first place we always go after hotel check in is always Irdl in Figueretas, so we can buy beer, water, Coke Zero, fruits and breakfast stuff for the ole week. After, we jump in the sea (Figueretas), than get ready for a dinner at Bella Napoli in the old town. Great not over price fresh calamari (here in North America calamari is always fried...)
Sensible - similar to us.

I took my missus there for her birthday. we had a meal. it added a bit of fun.. it's what people do in Spain before going out

not too sure what the problem is.....
A distraction for thiefs and pick pockets .. this is where people watchers should be looking for and not Joe swash and Joe Brolly..

Last edited:
Yeah, no real judgement, I just love watching all the different people in Ibiza.
Sitting at Ritas for breakfast in the morning is another great 'people watcher' place.

Ibiza is actually one of the very small amount of places where I won't sit and scroll my phone mindlessly because I just love watching the world go by!

I'm the same. I normally don't like sitting down for too long but Ritas and most places along there I could spend hours having a couple of coffees and attempting a baguette or sandwich.

Never spent much time in Ibiza Town but on a non-clubbing holiday with the missus spent ages in places just sat around having a few drinks and people watching. Great times

Back