where to stay? San Antonio or Playa D'en Bossa

not sure maybe i can do 3 days in San and 4 days in PBD .. or maybe all in PBD ..
just a matter of booking the place now.. if I find something nice on AirBnB but with a beach front I won't actually mind it... will final my itinerary in next 2 3 days :)

Not IME. Never (touch wood) seen trouble in PDB, but almost got pickpocketed in San An - and last time I was there, saw a guy running around with blood spilling out of his head because he'd nutted someone. San An is far more geered up to binge drinking and young Brits running riot in the street. Then add in more local ne'er-do-wells and looky lookies/street prostitution than in PDB in my experience... I think it far more 'edgy' than PDB. Mind you, not been to San An for maybe 5 years, so could be better now.

I've been going last 3 years and noticed it's more restrained in that regard. Also last year the lucky lucky guys had backed off massively, apparently they'd been warned off.

It was actually nice to walk around without been offered drugs every 10 metres lol!

I've never understood the PDB vs. San An thing. They're both pretty much the same if you ask me. Hotels, clubs, beach, bars, cheap places to eat, lots of young people.

Granted, there's a few "posher" hotels in PDB (and some utter rip offs too!), the beach is a little nicer, and you could argue Space, Sankeys, and Ushuaia are a better draw the Eden and Es Paradis, but then you could also argue that San An has the sunsets and is a little quieter (if for no other reason than it not being under planes landing every few minutes).

I normally stay at the Hotel Gran Sol because the price vs. what you get is unbeatable. If it was in PDB I'd stay in PDB, but it's in San An so I stay in San An.

If you want "class" or "peace and quiet", rent a villa in the hills!
I can vouch for the Gran Sol , Ive stayed there many times and cant fault it . Every year something had been added or upgraded. The night bus is so cheap and convenient. The sunsets are great, and you dont have to go to the West End !

i think by staying in hotel i'll be able to meet some people around .. mite get boring in room from AirBnB

Not IME. Never (touch wood) seen trouble in PDB, but almost got pickpocketed in San An - and last time I was there, saw a guy running around with blood spilling out of his head because he'd nutted someone. San An is far more geered up to binge drinking and young Brits running riot in the street. Then add in more local ne'er-do-wells and looky lookies/street prostitution than in PDB in my experience... I think it far more 'edgy' than PDB. Mind you, not been to San An for maybe 5 years, so could be better now.

This was my impression (first hand San An and friends PBD). Seen all sorts in San An but it was with mates so took it all in our stride.

Neither are anywhere near as bad as most UK cities let alone other parts of the world it must be said.

San Antonio is an exceptionally safe place to stay and another that can vouch for Gran Sol. Do not go there if you are after a party hotel though, it is an older and more chilled crowd and a cool place to relax in peace during the day. Definitely not for stag or hen groups.

i have booked hotel Algarab in PDB -- is it safe to stay in roomthrough AirBnB in Amsterdam or that is also unsafe as Ibiza?

Ibiza is not unsafer than any other place. Probably even a lot safer than Amsterdam.
If you don't behave like an idiot, you will be fine.

I stayed in PDB this year thinking the bars, food and safety aspects would be better.

Boom I was massively wrong. I stayed in a apartment above what I call "ket alley" the street between bora bora and that steak and shake bar. I witnessed fights 24/7 even a steel chair being chucked off one person. The best I seen was a Ferrari being pulled over and searched with the policemen finding 2 white bricks stuck underneath his bonnet. I wonder how he afforded that car?

Dont get me wrong I love PBD it has a different vibe in my opinion to san an and is more suited to the over 22's. I found the food to be bad and the drink to be massively over priced. I still love san an and visited 3 times over my latest trip but I really think you need to stay in the resort situated closest to the clubbing events you are planning to attend over your stay.

I found the food to be bad and the drink to be massively over priced.

Go to Figueretas for food. It's only 10 - 15 mins walk from PDB (Ibiza Town end). Really nice, healthy, Med style food there and extremely reasonable if you get a menu of the day. Plus you'll be looking out over the sea. :)

Last edited:
I stayed in PDB this year thinking the bars, food and safety aspects would be better.

Boom I was massively wrong.
I stayed in a apartment above
what I call "ket alley" the street between bora bora and that steak and shake bar. I witnessed fights 24/7 ...
omg.

but what did you expect in THAT street ?

Back