When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full support to the French

SUMMER IS HERE

BRUNO FROM IBIZA·SAMEDI 27 JUIN 2020·TEMPS DE LECTURE ESTIMÉ : 2 MINUTES

Most people know me as a DJ and Music Producer, more specifically from the famous CAFÉ DEL MAR Albums I created many years ago.
Last year I wrote and published a book called LIVING IN ANOTHER WORLD which explained the evolution of tourism and lifestyle in magical Ibiza. Now I decided to write articles about the current situation in Ibiza especially for all the people who cannot travel this summer and would love to be here.
Sunday 21th was the first day of the summer and usually the beaches are packed. I went to CALA D’HORT with some friends to enjoy lunch in front of breathtaking ES VEDRA, but unfortunately none of the restaurants on the beach were open. So we moved on to CALA CARBO, the closest next beach where only 10 people were laying on the sand, incredible! This is definitely not the most popular beach but believe me the paella at CAN VICENT restaurant is one of the best on the island.
Late afternoon, I joined my other friends at EXPERIMENTAL BEACH for sunset, the place was busy but there was enough room to find a seat and chat comfortably. This is normally the kind of venue always packed with tourists so it was nice to see it filled with only locals. We enjoyed listening to some good music provided by JEREMY WEEKS.
It's definitely going to be a different summer without clubbers and fewer tourists.Even as Spain starts to open frontiers, most of the visitors will arrive not before Mid-July. Many airlines are operating again this season but tickets are very overpriced! August should be busy… but 2020 might be the shortest season ever!!
More stories about IBIZA in my book: www.livinginanotherworld.com
Downtempo and eclectic mixes here: www.mixcloud.com/brunofromibiza
More electronic sounds here: www.soundcloud.com/brunofr

News from party - liberal switzerland: one of the punters of a club on saturday tested positive today, so all 300 people in the club (legally) must quarantine now for 10 days at home. These strange times kill all the fun of going out, even in cities where it‘s actually possible again. Feeling depressed today :/

News from party - liberal switzerland: one of the punters of a club on saturday tested positive today, so all 300 people in the club (legally) must quarantine now for 10 days at home. These strange times kill all the fun of going out, even in cities where it‘s actually possible again. Feeling depressed today :/

old news, you should read through the posts a little before you post the same ;)

the actual news is that they've found another nidus today, in a bar not too far from that club with 20 new positive cases...and the two things are possibly connected. we'll know more tomorrow / in the next days I guess, but it'll be interesting to watch the evolution after that big illegal openair party @Moha posted about and those spikes in zurich and if the swiss government keeps the parties being a 'go'.

There might not be a next summer either.

Don't think it will either. This will likely go on for years. If a vaccine won't be realistic only technology can really save us. Many large companies were i live is already preparing for all of 2021 working from home. Words from AirBNB CEO:

"I will go on the record to say that travel will never, ever go back to the way it was pre-COVID; it just won't," Chesky said. "There are sometimes months when decades of transformation happen."

He said, "people are getting on airplanes, they're not crossing borders, they're not meaningfully traveling to cities, they're not traveling for business."

Instead, "they're getting in cars. They're traveling to communities that are 200 miles away or less. These are usually very small communities. They're staying in homes and they're staying longer.

Don't think it will either. This will likely go on for years. If a vaccine won't be realistic only technology can really save us. Many large companies were i live is already preparing for all of 2021 working from home. Words from AirBNB CEO:

"I will go on the record to say that travel will never, ever go back to the way it was pre-COVID; it just won't," Chesky said. "There are sometimes months when decades of transformation happen."

He said, "people are getting on airplanes, they're not crossing borders, they're not meaningfully traveling to cities, they're not traveling for business."

Instead, "they're getting in cars. They're traveling to communities that are 200 miles away or less. These are usually very small communities. They're staying in homes and they're staying longer.

No

It will end like the spanish flu or other pandemic events in the past.
Question of time ...
Be optimistic : There are some good ( early ) scientific successes .
Next year we will dance in ibiza and elsewhere.

In my opinion the life need to continue.
nightclubs business allowed in some places of Spain and in some others forced to close... how is this possible? Anyone now is able to travel and visit open nightclubs...
And same in Europe, someone from any city with no nightclubs could travel to another allowed, by car, by train, by plane, in Spain or maybe in Saint Tropez or Monaco, and all night partying, then return to his country, this make sense?

Last edited:

I'm with you on this... I don't have this Need to Dance ? but worry about all the people out of work the longer this goes on....

saint tropez, cannes, niza, monaco... the same, beach clubs are full .... music and people enjoying....
ibiza is slowly losing the summer in terms of all of this kind of places and people that move around

Hopefully the wannabes and 150€ bottle of vodka for instagram pics brigade realise how “good” these other places are and don’t bother coming back to Ibiza, leaving it for us enjoy ;)

ehm, just checked again: nothing about it here (in this thread, don't know about others). but nevermind :)

it was definitely discussed in the forums already. if everybody (or at least the regulars) read through new posts we can avoid having double posts, often spread out over different threads. no drama though

If a vaccine won't be realistic only technology can really save us.
The outlook for a vaccine is still very good, so not sure what the panic is all about.

Business travel will probably remain low (since many companies will have realized that teleconferencing is as effective), good riddance. But I think parties will go on like there was no 2020. One year is not enough to change people's habits.

Full support to the French

SUMMER IS HERE

BRUNO FROM IBIZA·SAMEDI 27 JUIN 2020·TEMPS DE LECTURE ESTIMÉ : 2 MINUTES

Most people know me as a DJ and Music Producer, more specifically from the famous CAFÉ DEL MAR Albums I created many years ago.
Last year I wrote and published a book called LIVING IN ANOTHER WORLD which explained the evolution of tourism and lifestyle in magical Ibiza. Now I decided to write articles about the current situation in Ibiza especially for all the people who cannot travel this summer and would love to be here.
Sunday 21th was the first day of the summer and usually the beaches are packed. I went to CALA D’HORT with some friends to enjoy lunch in front of breathtaking ES VEDRA, but unfortunately none of the restaurants on the beach were open. So we moved on to CALA CARBO, the closest next beach where only 10 people were laying on the sand, incredible! This is definitely not the most popular beach but believe me the paella at CAN VICENT restaurant is one of the best on the island.
Late afternoon, I joined my other friends at EXPERIMENTAL BEACH for sunset, the place was busy but there was enough room to find a seat and chat comfortably. This is normally the kind of venue always packed with tourists so it was nice to see it filled with only locals. We enjoyed listening to some good music provided by JEREMY WEEKS.
It's definitely going to be a different summer without clubbers and fewer tourists.Even as Spain starts to open frontiers, most of the visitors will arrive not before Mid-July. Many airlines are operating again this season but tickets are very overpriced! August should be busy… but 2020 might be the shortest season ever!!
More stories about IBIZA in my book: www.livinginanotherworld.com
Downtempo and eclectic mixes here: www.mixcloud.com/brunofromibiza
More electronic sounds here: www.soundcloud.com/brunofr

Ibiza need this tourism mass ? Isn't it time to reflect on another tourism more respectful of this paradise on earth ?

it's more time to save their economy that must be in bad BAD shape.
lot of business will go bankrupt and lot of people on dole, i can foresee seasonal workers going home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back