When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally what still puts me off a little this year isn't the lack of parties or any fear of not enough places being open but the fact that I have to get on a plane. Finding that airlines pack their planes again, without distancing, is my biggest concern. And in my case a journey in my car would take me 3 days one way :/
I really cant see flights getting super packed this year to be honest... I don't think travel will be like normal, many people don't want to travel abroad and if they do will be sticking to own country

I really cant see flights getting super packed this year to be honest... I don't think travel will be like normal, many people don't want to travel abroad and if they do will be sticking to own country

even if the flights are full, I don't see them as a risk.

one - everyone is wearing a mask.
two - according to latest what I've read, contagion happens mainly if someone infected expels big droplets. for this to happen, they need to breathe heavily or shout etc (and not be protected).

on a plane, even though you're sitting next to each others, under normal circumstances you aren't shouting at each other etc and you're simply breathing normally / calmly.

remember a few weeks back some dickhead took a plane from madrid to tenerife? the guy that couldn't wait for his test results and when he landed he found out he was positive? well, no one got infected on that plane.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but having dinner in a restaurant inside somewhere with friends (where no one wears a mask) IMO is more 'dangerous' than boarding a plane with everyone wearing a mask.

just my opnion really.

two - according to latest what I've read, contagion happens mainly if someone infected expels big droplets. for this to happen, they need to breathe heavily or shout etc (and not be protected).

on a plane, even though you're sitting next to each others, under normal circumstances you aren't shouting at each other etc and you're simply breathing normally / calmly.

remember a few weeks back some dickhead took a plane from madrid to tenerife? the guy that couldn't wait for his test results and when he landed he found out he was positive? well, no one got infected on that plane.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but having dinner in a restaurant inside somewhere with friends (where no one wears a mask) IMO is more 'dangerous' than boarding a plane with everyone wearing a mask.

just my opnion really.

The cabin air on planes is also heavy filtered and exchanged every 3-4 minutes. It's really hard to get infected with the current precautions in place.

If people from the USA are allowed in sometime after July 1, will we be able to rent a scooter? I hope some of the independent scooter rental places will be open as Cooltra is not an option unless you've got an international license.

If people from the USA are allowed in sometime after July 1, will we be able to rent a scooter? I hope some of the independent scooter rental places will be open as Cooltra is not an option unless you've got an international license.
currently not looking great for US citizens to enter EU countries.

I've taken the plunge and booked a BA flight on 1 August. However, the middle seats (in economy) are still on sale, whereas previously airlines were saying the middle seat would remain empty.

Lots of cheap flights from Gatwick in August.

I've taken the plunge and booked a BA flight on 1 August. However, the middle seats (in economy) are still on sale, whereas previously airlines were saying the middle seat would remain empty.

Lots of cheap flights from Gatwick in August.

personally I don't think they'll leave them free

Yeah, I'm following that. There's so much information right now. If a ban does lift do you think the scooter rental business will be good?

I'm sure someone will rent you a scooter, everyone will need to make business

just my opnion really.

Good point about that Madrid to Tenerife flight.

no comment on the videos, but I think the messages 'ibiza is open' and 'ibiza 2020 it's happening' can be misleading.

yes of course ibiza is open, but currently maybe only a third of all businesses are open. lots more to open in next 2-3 weeks though.
yes of course ibiza 2020 is happening, but in a very different fashion than usually.

it's exactly why I had put together that 'what to expect' piece a month ago, I really don't want people to have wrong expectations about their ibiza holidays this year.

no comment on the videos, but I think the messages 'ibiza is open' and 'ibiza 2020 it's happening' can be misleading.

yes of course ibiza is open, but currently maybe only a third of all businesses are open. lots more to open in next 2-3 weeks though.
yes of course ibiza 2020 is happening, but in a very different fashion than usually.

it's exactly why I had put together that 'what to expect' piece a month ago, I really don't want people to have wrong expectations about their ibiza holidays this year.
ICan't really comment so take mine with a little piece of salt. 2 or 3 mins is enough for me .. seems a nice lad, funny how he called Gay street actually Gay street..lol and not many around this time of day..

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that Sasha Hour. Now we have had confirmation our Hotel is closed for the summer we have found another that is open. It’ll be days by the pool and beach, nights at Golden Buddha and Kumharas. Hopefully a trip to Es Vedra and Boat over to Cala Bassa.

that’ll keep the Mrs and Kids happy. Then back for the Clubs in a Years time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back