When do you think the Ibiza Clubs will fully open in 2021?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2021?

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• It won’t, 2022 at the earliest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Appreciate this is not the covid thread, but this article with quotes from several of UK’s eminent scientists suggests it is highly unlikely spring / summer this year will be in any way normal, Perhaps it’s overly pessimistic but if the case, I’d say the summer season is going to be similar to 2020, which is a very depressing thought in January. Obviously hopefully this isn’t the case!

The industry should think differently. Perhaps have more outdoor events on the beach when the sun is out. (UV kills Covid). Perhaps more sitting-down, chillaxing, outdoor concerts as the sun sets. One could even include dancing if there is a limit to the number of people allowed at one time.

I know, no one wants this, but it's better than yet another year of holidaying at home in the rain.

this is a little off-topic so I try to keep it short. as everyone knows ibiza's price level is really high compared to lots of other destinations. but since we offer the unique nightlife (usually), people are willing to pay the price. without the nightlife, for a lot of people, something is simply missing on the island and thus people might try other destinations instead - actually a few forum regulars have done exactly that last summer.
True. But the question remains: why then not lower those damn hotel rates during times without nightlife? I just don't get it. Be a little more competetive with places like the Greek Islands or Mallorca. People are poised to travel again after the lockdown and I am sure many would love to come to Ibiza for the summer - but just not at pre-covid prices. If clubs remain closed for another season and the Matutes Group refuses to slash rates for their places it's gonna be another brutal season for businesses and workers in Ibiza. I feel so bad for them. Is a dump like the Ushuaia Club Hotel really only profitable at 400 Euro a night? If tourists are not coming in the summer it's gonna be not only because of covid and little nightlife. Put in greed as well.

True. But the question remains: why then not lower those damn hotel rates during times without nightlife? I just don't get it. Be a little more competetive with places like the Greek Islands or Mallorca. People are poised to travel again after the lockdown and I am sure many would love to come to Ibiza for the summer - but just not at pre-covid prices. If clubs remain closed for another season and the Matutes Group refuses to slash rates for their places it's gonna be another brutal season for businesses and workers in Ibiza. I feel so bad for them. Is a dump like the Ushuaia Club Hotel really only profitable at 400 Euro a night? If tourists are not coming in the summer it's gonna be not only because of covid and little nightlife. Put in greed as well.

Problem is to get back to the high prices 2022 then. If you are cheap , its not easy to be expensive 1 year later.

I guess for some businesses, they'll have estimated likely reduced bookings against running cost and said 'we need to recover x to be worth opening'. I could see bookings being cancelled and places being closed if they aren't looking like hitting the required number, much as I hope that doesn't happen.

I believe once the most vulnerable are vaccinated then the governments will get the economy going. Be it with some restrictions in place but you have to get money transferring hands. I am a very optimistic person but I believe from my understanding that the worse is still yet to come..... The effects of closing an economy down for such a length of time is going to have huge implications. There will be a huge depression to come and the depression is only being delayed by the government printing money and keeping the interest rates rock bottom. When the economy opens up again all that credit that has amounted coupled with forced inflation and less or stagnant income. Covid will be the least of our worries.

With that said and keeping on topic with this post I believe that when we open properly and we move forward I think that nightclubs will have to focus on keeping the lights on and look to be as competitive as they possibly can to weather the storm. I do actually believe it will be a better experience for us as sure enough there will be less tourism in general (over-crowding) anyway and I would even go as far to say that due to the lack of demand entry prices will be lower and there will be more offers. I think in the short term there will be some clubs that will sadly fail and those that survive will come out actually stronger than they were prior to Covid

As soon as I can I will be flying to Ibiza to do my small part in helping support the local economy - i will be buying up all the snickers ice creams

The industry should think differently. Perhaps have more outdoor events on the beach when the sun is out. (UV kills Covid). Perhaps more sitting-down, chillaxing, outdoor concerts as the sun sets. One could even include dancing if there is a limit to the number of people allowed at one time.

I know, no one wants this, but it's better than yet another year of holidaying at home in the rain.
I personally would love to see daytime outdoor parties and roofs removed from Ibiza clubs, like in the good ol' days (which I didn't get to experience in person) ?

As for indoor clubs, I guess it will all depend on the vaccine availability, it's too early to make guesses here. I voted for August.

2022 at a push.........

Anyone who thinks they'll be on a dance floor this year, is in Dreamland......

Fingers crossed. I'm woefully wrong.......But I fear I won't be.....

pricing will be interesting in 2021. Pretty sure clubs won't get away with charging 40-60 euros a night again. they need people through the door, in an economic crisis. I think the big superstar djs will reduce their fees considerably to support venues, and there will be less djs on the lineup, playing longer (to reduce travel costs etc).

2022 at a push.........

Anyone who thinks they'll be on a dance floor this year, is in Dreamland......

Fingers crossed. I'm woefully wrong.......But I fear I won't be.....
unless your NZ.. mate of mine in Oakland was at some event other night and the videos were chocka no distancing whatever ..the music sounded horrendous but non the less JEALOUS

unless your NZ.. mate of mine in Oakland was at some event other night and the videos were chocka no distancing whatever ..the music sounded horrendous but non the less JEALOUS
Exactly. No-one knows for sure, it is all speculation. If the vaccines work well, numbers start to drop, there aren't any deaths...then there is no reason why we cant have some clubbing. It might be a bit different, but I'm sure we would all accept that...I could take reduced numbers...but not masks. That would put me right off

Josh Butler recently emigrated to from UK to NZ (he grew up there and still held a passport), his social media documents the journey. Quite interesting, but he did note he was probably only international DJ playing in full clubs with no masks right now.

Exactly. No-one knows for sure, it is all speculation. If the vaccines work well, numbers start to drop, there aren't any deaths...then there is no reason why we cant have some clubbing. It might be a bit different, but I'm sure we would all accept that...I could take reduced numbers...but not masks. That would put me right off

not that simple imo. there's all the admin too... things have to be planned, djs/venues/events have to be booked. you have to assume punters/foreign DJs will be able to actually get to ibiza, that airlines aren't down, that the global economy doesn't tank in the meantime, that the police/hospital infrastructure is in place, so many different elements will come into play as we approach the summer, and that's before you get on to local politics/other red tape. there's probably a real insurance headache too for venues to think about.

happy to be proved wrong, of course.... but I just don't see it. a few daytime, chilled numbers ie bars or seated, live gigs at best.

not that simple imo. there's all the admin too... things have to be planned, djs/venues/events have to be booked. you have to assume punters/foreign DJs will be able to actually get to ibiza, that airlines aren't down, that the global economy doesn't tank in the meantime, that the police/hospital infrastructure is in place, so many different elements will come into play as we approach the summer, and that's before you get on to local politics/other red tape. there's probably a real insurance headache too for venues to think about.

happy to be proved wrong, of course.... but I just don't see it. a few daytime, chilled numbers ie bars or seated, live gigs at best.
Or clubs become less superstar dj focused and just put on nights and those that make it over are given a surprise. Vaguely recall some clubs doing that when I first started coming to Ibiza, for example don’t think manumission always advertised who was djing. Have the focus about people having a good time. This summer could be a great opportunity to try new things like that.

Sure this summer will be smaller than manumission type events but why be tied to measuring success by how many people can be squashed around a pool drinking €16 Heineken bottles while Calvin Harris lets off fireworks on stage?

Back