What's with all of the creeps?

EveyT

I don't know if I've just been fortunate enough to avoid creeps over the years but to me it seems the creep ratio has gone up in the clubs this year. You always get them but I've been told unsettling stories from female friends who have visited the island this year.

4 of my girl friends went to Hi on Friday and a group of guys (Spanish or Italian they believed) kept approaching them. They moved away and they followed. At one point they surrounded them and one of the guys grabbed one of the girl's lady parts. It's actually embarrassing to write that never mind her having to report it (which she has). It's blatant sexual assault but she had no idea what guy it was. All of them also got touched on their backside. Women should never have to put up with that, it's horrific.

I met another girl I knew this weekend who was there a few weeks ago. Her and a friend got followed home one night by a man - fortunately they found a bar that was open and stayed there to phone a taxi. They also got unwanted advances and touched in clubs. They said to the bouncers who shrugged - they didn't know who it was.

I don't know where to begin solving this problem but thought I would raise it to see if any other women have experienced similar?

I always go with a mixed group to the clubs which I think keeps the creeps away. It shouldn't be like that though.

I don't know if I've just been fortunate enough to avoid creeps over the years but to me it seems the creep ratio has gone up in the clubs this year. You always get them but I've been told unsettling stories from female friends who have visited the island this year.

4 of my girl friends went to Hi on Friday and a group of guys (Spanish or Italian they believed) kept approaching them. They moved away and they followed. At one point they surrounded them and one of the guys grabbed one of the girl's lady parts. It's actually embarrassing to write that never mind her having to report it (which she has). It's blatant sexual assault but she had no idea what guy it was. All of them also got touched on their backside. Women should never have to put up with that, it's horrific.

I met another girl I knew this weekend who was there a few weeks ago. Her and a friend got followed home one night by a man - fortunately they found a bar that was open and stayed there to phone a taxi. They also got unwanted advances and touched in clubs. They said to the bouncers who shrugged - they didn't know who it was.

I don't know where to begin solving this problem but thought I would raise it to see if any other women have experienced similar?

I always go with a mixed group to the clubs which I think keeps the creeps away. It shouldn't be like that though.

Sounds horrific. Sadly it is a problem in clubs all over the world and yes some nationalities are worse for it than others I think. Must be a 'culture' thing I guess.

In the UK one thing that is better is bars and clubs are all over this, sadly most security in Ibiza are pretty useless unless you are blatantly doing something right in front of them.

Sadly, this type of sexual assault against women has been a constant in Ibiza for the 30 years that I've been visiting the island. From what my wife and female friends have told me, August is the worst month for having ones bottom groped on a crowded dancefloor, (due to the clubs being packed I guess) and the main protagonists or should that be low life scumbags tend to be groups of Italian men. Now, before anyone suggests that I might be "racially profiling" Italian men, all I'm doing is stating a fact, it could just as easily by British men, but the fact is it isn't in their experience.

Happened ever since we started coming to the island. Wrong at anytime but when the women is stood dancing with partner/husband....

the clubs are marketing themselves as luxury playgrounds of fantasy.

it is inevitable (and very sad) that this strategy will attract a bunch of twats

the club security needs fixing if its still happening now.

Agreed. My last memory of Space - sadly - was my mate being pick-pocketed, we caught one of the gang and the security guard just shrugged and did nothing. The clubs don't care though as long as they get paid

August seems to be the worst with the shitty Italians and not the best ibiza crowd... Not all of them are shit just the ones that go in August are the worst

i was in space in 2015 when a lad from liverpool tried pawing at my mrs; i was stood right next to her so she smiles, says no, showed him her rings and pointed me out to him. i smile say hi and tell him to enjoy himself.

he clocks we have same accent and next thing he's trying to save face being all friendly passive aggressive giving it the "i know x from round your way, i dont know you" act.

anyways, after i've dealt with that and moved him on, i turn round and note my mrs talking to some sound italian lads who had noticed what was going on and were wanting to bounce in on our behalf.

point is there are good and bad people from everywhere but people who go clubbing to pull rather than for the music pull the atmosphere down badly.

its not hard to spot these people particularly when they act out too much in a 'proper' club, and surely promoters dont want them in there???

I agree 100% on no unwanted touching and persistent harassment, however there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a club to pull.

If it is inappropriate to approach a woman in a bar or club, then apparently there never is an appropriate moment...

Its up to us to be adults and communicate clearly and then respect the other's response.

Now, before anyone suggests that I might be "racially profiling" Italian men, all I'm doing is stating a fact, it could just as easily by British men, but the fact is it isn't in their experience.

We get tarnished with every other brush...only fair we can tarnish them with one? (Which is true btw the Spanish and Italian are the worst)

I have witnessed it myself a few times

Lastly was resistance in the Vista room... 3 guys and 2 girls
Spanish guys got sort of fixated (I happened to be in the middle of the guys and girls) and kept looking at the girls. They then moved over behind the girls. Girls then pretty much walked away after 2 minutes to another spot on the dance floor and carried on... 3 guys looked like they had a come down

I agree 100% on no unwanted touching and persistent harassment, however there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a club to pull.

If it is inappropriate to approach a woman in a bar or club, then apparently there never is an appropriate moment...

Its up to us to be adults and communicate clearly and then respect the other's response.

If you're looking to pull you won't
In my experience you usually pull in a club without even thinking about it and there is really no effort involved. There is a clear invitation on both of you

Back