What's the weather like at the moment?

mix of sun & clouds the next few days, possibility of rain on fri and sun - but so far ahead the forecast isn't very exact/reliable usually. but yes, right now it does look like next weekend we *might* get some rain.

Normal weather for this part of the year. In october often better than september , as I remember.

Sunny and warm today, a mix of sun and clouds (and even an occasional rain) on Thursday and Friday (was a welcome opportunity to do a few hikes).

One place I don't want to live in is San Juan - drove through it 3 times yesterday, and every time it was raining there!

There must have been a strong shower recently - the parking lot in Salinas turned into mud. Should have packed rubber boots...

Most notably, it's darker for later into the early hours of the morning.

Here in California, we observe a time mechanism that alters the time on clocks watches etc for part of the year.

Anyway, soon enough we'll turn our clocks back one hour, but until then - it's dark pretty late. Well, later than it was earlier in the year.

Beside all that, there's a hint of autumn in the air, but only a subtle and vague one... It's not yet truly old enough for a sweater in my opinion, but I see people getting out their puffer coats and the store where I work is pushing hooded sweatshirts.

The air temperature is still hovering between 70℉ and 80℉ though through the afternoon. (Fahrenheit)

That downpour was timed just right to give ma excuse to hunker down in bed for a couple more hours.

tomorrow might get interesting. the balearic event at pikes has already been postponed (date tba). forecasts predict BIG amounts of rain. prepare for the usual funny pics & videos!

Back