What's the weather like at the moment?

jeez, last night was cold..

is coastal erosion yet an issue in IBZ with rising sea levels? one of the train lines here just got shut down!

yeah it was chilly indeed. I slept in a bivouac in the tramuntana mountains last night 🥶 and today we saw some actual snowflakes…

yes coastal erosion is an issue in ibiza too. figueretas & sta e coastal promenades already had to be reinforced

Last edited:
jeez, last night was cold..

is coastal erosion yet an issue in IBZ with rising sea levels? one of the train lines here just got shut down!

It's a real issue on the East coast, one of my favourite routes is falling into the sea little by little. This was a couple of years back and has since been repaired. While this section was unusable the path was diverted through the garden of the property. I think this is to do with the law in Spain that says the public have a right to access the coastline anywhere in the country?

Attachments

• 20150318_072748_003.jpg
    20150318_072748_003.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 13
yeah it was chilly indeed. I slept in a bivouac in the tramuntana mountains last night 🥶 and today we saw some actual snowflakes…

yes coastal erosion is an issue in ibiza too. figueretas & sta e coastal promenades already had to be reinforced
The ice cold wind today would cut a man in two 🥶🥶 That must have been an interesting night :D

The ice cold wind today would cut a man in two 🥶🥶 That must have been an interesting night :D

ah I'm swiss and can take a bit of cold temperatures, even though the climate was one of the main reasons why I moved to the balearics!

I had to do army in switzerland and I remember one day our lieutenant shouted 'there's no such thing as bad weather, there's only bad equipment!' - turns out he was quite right. a decent sleeping bag and a bivvy bag and I slept almost like a baby (and wasn't cold)

We need a thread called "Things to do on Ibiza when the weather makes the Brits feel at home".

What can one do when it's 15-16 degrees and raining?

We need a thread called "Things to do on Ibiza when the weather makes the Brits feel at home".

What can one do when it's 15-16 degrees and raining?
Find a cosy inside pub 😊

Or bang a jacket on and walk about! Mrs and son walked to Es Cana from St E today - reckons Blackpool would be warmer 😊

Wonder where that boat rocked up from, wasn't there yesterday
www.veed.io/view/7abd8d09-aacc-491f-9bdf-ab2a7c136a73

Any idea which site is the most accurate for the weather? Every site I go on has a different outlook between sun, wind and rain.

Looking to head to Salinas and EsCavallet at some point today if the weather holds out.

Any idea which site is the most accurate for the weather? Every site I go on has a different outlook between sun, wind and rain.

Looking to head to Salinas and EsCavallet at some point today if the weather holds out.

it will be a mix of sun and cloud, I don't think it'll rain - or if it does it really should only be a few drops.

es cavallet should be quieter today in terms of wind, salinas will be windier.

it will be a mix of sun and cloud, I don't think it'll rain - or if it does it really should only be a few drops.

es cavallet should be quieter today in terms of wind, salinas will be windier.
Perfect, thanks Stivi.

More than happy to be here even with the odd bit of rain anyway tbh, the Island is looking very lush right now, it’s absolutely stunning. It’s a great time to be here.

Rain for early ibz opening.
I may give a Miss to Boho Beach House + Ims dalt vila on friday
50% rain on saturday ,i Can deal with a few rain
Unless forecast IS wrong

Screenshot_20220423-052847_1.jpg

Looking at the Cafe Del Mar webcam and the weather doesn’t look all that clever. Is it unusual for this time of year or can it be a bit unpredictable?

Looking at the Cafe Del Mar webcam and the weather doesn’t look all that clever. Is it unusual for this time of year or can it be a bit unpredictable?

not unusual at all - you can get everything in april.

sunday to wednesday looking really nice btw and we'll see re next weekend, still a week to go and forecast might still change until then

not unusual at all - you can get everything in april.

sunday to wednesday looking really nice btw and we'll see re next weekend, still a week to go and forecast might still change until then
If you look across the water, you can often see Four Seasons in One Bay.

*this may be too early for some?

Rains at IMS Dalt Vila most years tbh, even when it was in May

2019 was torrential rain all day, then 17:00 the clouds passed and it was amazing

Made me laugh because all of the UK and Irish workforce got precious about the weather (!!!) Tried and failed to sell-on their tickets. That ensured there was loads of space up there

Imagine being from Manchester or Dublin and cancelling party plans because of the rain... Couldn't get my head around it

Rains at IMS Dalt Vila most years tbh, even when it was in May

2019 was torrential rain all day, then 17:00 the clouds passed and it was amazing

Made me laugh because all of the UK and Irish workforce got precious about the weather (!!!) Tried and failed to sell-on their tickets. That ensured there was loads of space up there

Imagine being from Manchester or Dublin and cancelling party plans because of the rain... Couldn't get my head around it
Rain for Ims dalt vila 19 but not for ibz18 and 17 ones
I will check deeply forecast may 26, 27th in case they were wrong
it could rain saturday i don't care it's House lineup but for a non house lineup minds won't be ready with rain....

Last edited:
So this might be a stupid question, but are there coat checks in the clubs?
Never thought about this when going in summer, but when walking around Ibiza Town this coming Friday evening, a t-Shirt might get a little chilly later on. However, I definitely don‘t want to be carrying around a jacket later in the club…(I‘d gladly take the „cold“ earlier over that scenario).

First-World-Problem, I know….

Back