What's the weather like at the moment?

the rain has finally stopped - 5 days of rain in a row, that doesn't happen often here. forecast gives lots of sun starting from tomorrow, but low temps (low single digits at night, ~ 15 degrees daytime). on the mainland they are having record snow and low temps right now (minus 14 ish in some places) so I guess we can't complain

the rain has finally stopped - 5 days of rain in a row, that doesn't happen often here. forecast gives lots of sun starting from tomorrow, but low temps (low single digits at night, ~ 15 degrees daytime). on the mainland they are having record snow and low temps right now (minus 14 ish in some places) so I guess we can't complain
Some parts of Scottishland would be out in shorts and vest in that!

Not Ibiza, my back lawn.

Attachments

• 16111802136484970657579643092598.jpg
    16111802136484970657579643092598.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 16
15c mid-day; not bad for January. https://www.windy.com/-Temperature-temp?temp,38.735,0.805,8

Always said Ibiza could be a winter resort, after all Mallorca is to some degree. And across the waters the Costas certainly are.

My grandparents were in Majorca over winter. But was 20 years ago. It was cheap : Long time rental ( 3 or 4 months ) , no heating , kitchen in the rooms , no car. Dont know if there are such cheap offers in IBZ.

My grandparents were in Majorca over winter. But was 20 years ago. It was cheap : Long time rental ( 3 or 4 months ) , no heating , kitchen in the rooms , no car. Dont know if there are such cheap offers in IBZ.
Even in Mallorca I'd want heating!! But it's quite common for UK OAP's to disappear off to the Costas for 3 - 4 months at a time, probably costing them less than staying at home even including hotel or apartment charges. Then came Breggshit....

Even in Mallorca I'd want heating!! But it's quite common for UK OAP's to disappear off to the Costas for 3 - 4 months at a time, probably costing them less than staying at home even including hotel or apartment charges. Then came Breggshit....

Im german

Thats what they told me : It was cheaper than to stay at home . But it was majorca which is cheaper. Heating is neccesary. But they had a house which costs a lot of heating ( old one , bad insulation )

But it's quite common for UK OAP's to disappear off to the Costas for 3 - 4 months at a time, probably costing them less than staying at home even including hotel or apartment charges. Then came Breggshit....
You can still go for 3 months - Schengen rules say max. 90 days in a 180-day period. And I guess when Gibraltar joins Schengen, there will be some scheme with Gibraltar residence permits for Brits, allowing for unlimited Schengen travel (with a residence permit inside Schengen, there is no way to enforce the 90-day rule).

Back