What's the weather like at the moment?

due to get to -7 here tonight? good thing alcohol is like a hot water bottle for your soul ..weekend off no intensions of leaving the house or being sober

it then got warmer during the day, and some crazy swiss dude went for his first dip of the year I heard
tenor.gif

weather update - winter on ibiza! yesterday was sunny, but freezing at sunrise (in sant joan it was -4 degrees celsius). it then got warmer during the day, and some crazy swiss dude went for his first dip of the year I heard ?

it might comfort you that even on ibiza we have some very dull grey and wet days - last night the clouds came in, today it has been raining all day and the forecast says it won't improve a lot until after the weekend! it was so grey and cloudy, coming down the road from privilege towards amnesia you couldn't even see dalt vila in the distance!

next week should be better again, but the next few days look like a lot of hours in front of the fireplace, reading books or watching movies!
Was watching the webcam from Gibraltar yesterday, cold, grey, pouring down, don't think it got above 10c all day. Although colder here in Lancashire - at least it's been dry! Sometimes dashing off to the Costas in winter doesn't give you the weather you wanted!

Sent Matt out for firewood today - I’m bloody freezing.
You need to see more of the world. I used to live in a mountain village in southern Norway. We usually had 2-4 weeks of below minus 20 C each winter. The coldest weather I ever went driving in was minus 35. I had to stop and take a pee to see if it froze in mid air (It didn't).

Now I live on the west coast where the temperature seldom goes below zero. The weather forecast for this weekend is lots of rain or sleet where I am (10 meters above sea level) and lots of snow higher up.

You need to see more of the world. I used to live in a mountain village in southern Norway. We usually had 2-4 weeks of below minus 20 C each winter. The coldest weather I ever went driving in was minus 35. I had to stop and take a pee to see if it froze in mid air (It didn't).

Now I live on the west coast where the temperature seldom goes below zero. The weather forecast for this weekend is lots of rain or sleet where I am (10 meters above sea level) and lots of snow higher up.

lol I’ve seen plenty of the world. Worked in the Swiss mountains with consistent snow for 6 months and the desert where snow is only available in the artificial ski slope in the mall. I’m just saying that 5 years living in such a desert makes someone’s ‘normal’ temp a bit higher than the standard Ibiza dweller ?

Give me a couple years to acclimatize and I’ll be in the sea with @stivi ?

(do NOT quote this tweet in 2 years)

It is a bit chilly for Ibiza standards, especially late at night and early hours in the morning but nothing like other places where your nose hurts when you go out. I’m still wearing only one layer under my light-ish jacket.
I’m also finding the mask a good substitute for a scarf ?

It could also be where you live, is it Siesta right? I’ve heard that it gets particularly cold there due to the high humidity levels.

I will take that and run with it ??
I’m also one of those ‘always cold’ people so you can’t exactly win with me ?

It's currently blowing steady at above 30 knots and raining hard here (west coast of Norway). The forecast says gusts above 63 knots this afternoon and evening. Last time I went out in these conditions I got blown into the road and almost run over by a car.

No wonder I am totally obsessed with my trip to Ibiza in June, and later in the year to Gavdos.

Back