What's the weather like at the moment?

I normally sleep perfectly well through thunderstorms, but at 6am this morning the volume of thunder was so immense I woke up in a fright. went to the loo and outside it was as if someone had put on the world's biggest strobe. it was immense for a while and as expected, a lot of water came down last night!

it's stopped now and the sun might even come out later today but it's gonna stay windy. then it looks as we get another washout this coming night and hopefully we're out in the clear after that. obviously I'm hoping it'll be dry for kraftwerk at ushuaïa tomorrow evening. (luckily, with the exception of a boat party or two, no events had to be cancelled so far since it only ever rained in the middle of the night).

saturday is the day when things get back to normal it seems and sunday looks very nice. plus forecast looks good for next week.

Yeah it was crazy raining and lots of thunderstorms to boot. I don't even think we have this in Canada, and I'm not at all accustomed to it in Ibiza. I thought I was gonna die lol

Don t panic bro
You wont gonna to DIE!!!
Ibz side effect sweeties? ?
Destino Carola/Locodice cancelled and destino tix available for pacha tonight beginning 10pm because of the weather,or refund ..

Destino Carola/Locodice cancelled and destino tix available for pacha tonight beginning 10pm because of the weather,or refund ..

is that true? even the iphone weather app said no rain before midnight and it proved true.

still looking very bad for both kraftwerk and shadows (open air bit) tomorrow :/

think destino might have had to do with the wind. it was very windy all day and up there on the cliffs it's even stronger. keep in mind they have those big sails and stuff over the dancefloor. not sure what happened, I know it wasn't the rain, but the wind might have been a factor.

as for tomorrow - let's pray it dries up mid-afternoon. we are very likely getting some more rain tonight/early morning. the question is whether it stops or whether we do get more tomorrow evening - I hope not.

My God the weather hits hard again in Sept. Always a risk. Seems i am lucky this year as i arrive 16th late in the evening. Next day off to Formentera for a week of romance with my sunshine ?

Bump! Any idea what will happen if the weather is as forecast?

it's gonna go ahead from what I know. bring a raincoat.

right now it's really grim. rainy, gray and lots of wind. palma airport is closed currently (but over there it's far worse than here).

weather can improve a lot in a few hours so stay positive. the wind will become less strong, that much is pretty certain. it might rain a little though so be prepared to get a little wet. it's not cold though and less so if you dance.

this reminds me of my army days (in switzerland you have to do it) - big bosses' favourite slogan was: weather is just a question of interpretation. there is no bad weather, there's only bad equipment! and then we marched 20K through the pouring rain...

it's gonna go ahead from what I know. bring a raincoat.

right now it's really grim. rainy, gray and lots of wind. palma airport is closed currently (but over there it's far worse than here).

weather can improve a lot in a few hours so stay positive. the wind will become less strong, that much is pretty certain. it might rain a little though so be prepared to get a little wet. it's not cold though and less so if you dance.

this reminds me of my army days (in switzerland you have to do it) - big bosses' favourite slogan was: weather is just a question of interpretation. there is no bad weather, there's only bad equipment! and then we marched 20K through the pouring rain...
Thanks Stivi, I'll bring a coat! ?

weather is just a question of interpretation. there is no bad weather, there's only bad equipment! and then we marched 20K through the pouring rain...

I used to be guilty of it in the past too, but Brits are terrible in letting the weather dictate their mood. This was pointed out to me in Australia by Aussies multiple times. We spent 2-night camping on Fraser Island - essentially a sand mass - just off the coast of Queensland during a f***in' cyclone. Those two days we got the full spectrum of weather from 40 degree heat to monsoon like wind and rain. Nearly shat myself several times. Campsite flooded and - of course - that kind of weather disturbs the leeches and the snakes!! Watching the electric storms from the beach was pretty cool though. Probably the only storm I've watched that tops the storms we get on Ibiza.

Anyway, the tour guides didn't bat an eye the entire time. There were some young British girls in our group who were pretty distressed at the situation. Lots of emotional breakdowns and tamper tantrums. In the end, we just had to laugh. It was three of the best days of my life. Such an incredible experience.

Made me chuckle at IMS this year when British workers from the north of England who'd been here anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of days boycotted IMS and in many cases threw money away on their ticket, because of the rain. The. North. Of. England.

Mental.
It's cliche, but you really need to learn to dance in the rain. So much to get miserable about in life, don't add the weather to that list.

Just walked back to Pike's from San An, got absolutely drenched! I don't mind the bad weather, but in Germany they cancel outdoor gigs at the first hint of a thunderstorm these days after people were killed by lightning at a couple of events. Hopefully we'll all be safe in Usuaia. ?

Back