What's the weather like at the moment?

I think it depends on whether you can get a breeze. Been cycling a lot recently and on Sunday night it was fine in the evening but yesterday was intense! Hopefully a massive storm will come soon.

I think it depends on whether you can get a breeze. Been cycling a lot recently and on Sunday night it was fine in the evening but yesterday was intense! Hopefully a massive storm will come soon.
Agree and definitely an issue with no breeze through the house.

Also moving house last week when the temperature started to rise was tough!

soooo it's been scorchio for a while now...no news really.

the news is, potentially strong thunderstorms are forecasted for wednesday and thursday!

from tomorrow afternoon/evening, the clouds should start come in and wed and thu might see the first proper summer thunderstorms of the season. friday morning might be the last few drops and friday afternoon/evening sun comes back and sunny again after that. at least that's what most models say.

temperatures should feel much more comfy from weds onwards for a good few days.
personally I am hoping we get a decent downpour - I know I always say the same but the island needs rain pretty badly!

the news is, potentially strong thunderstorms are forecasted for wednesday and thursday!

from tomorrow afternoon/evening, the clouds should start come in and wed and thu might see the first proper summer thunderstorms of the season. friday morning might be the last few drops and friday afternoon/evening sun comes back and sunny again after that. at least that's what most models say.

personally I am hoping we get a decent downpour - I know I always say the same but the island needs rain pretty badly!
how's the water temp @stivi ? googles saying hotter than expected for time year, looking forward to warm dip at end September, hope all is well mate ! x

I hope so too! Vila streets need a proper clean up, the smell in some has been unbearable.

The island definitely needs rain! Never known an August here so humid and hot.

a short, but pretty powerful thunderstorm this morning. formentera got the worst of it where various people on sailboats had to be rescued.

the temperature is laaaarvely right now.

more to come tonight/tomorrow morning I think (hope, TBH)
Hope everyone is ok!
Glad I didn't go to Formentera today. Breakfast under the tarp today was pretty wild! Rain coming in sideways!

Hope everyone is ok!
Glad I didn't go to Formentera today. Breakfast under the tarp today was pretty wild! Rain coming in sideways!
Can be scary if you are caught around the remote beaches - nowhere to hide! The footpath from La Savina to the beaches is raised up so even more exposed and scary!

We had that thunder too last night. Hoping the really insane humidity has passed now. Summer close to unbearable at times. Someone was saying on X that a few people on the Formentera boats ignored the warnings.. (?)

Naively thought we'd escaped the storm until 4/5am then it hit BIG at Pikes just after midnight. Over 50mm in one hour, apparently.

Probably the most rain I've seen within a short period here. Hope everyone got back ok.

Shame as it was a great party!

Back