What music are you into?

some great stuff (as usual) on rob da bank this week

really feeling the icelandic band he played near the end HJALTALIN

gorgeous on a folky vibe

Tech house, minimal, everything else is old and boring...except aciiid.

Come on now.. Acid is still boring :D

No No I lie. I'm actually an avid Acid fan. At our Techno Town gigs I'm the only one who can actually play it.

Your kind of right tho. Alot of music has become boring but everyone knows it and I think now it's becoming interesting again.

Although, building up a song and having it drop into just, a beat and electro stab or hardtrance melody with not much else, will always be boring. The more the better!

Olly: It just means that I DO enjoy aspects of all music as in I take it on a song by song basis, not genre by genre and have been exposed to alot, alot more than I even know what to catagorise as. How ever, if I had to catagorise musical elements that appeal to me it would be the ones that fall under the genres of Trance, House and Techno. (Of course, Acid etc etc as well) but, I'm just trying to generalise.

Songs that unite those genres or use elements from those genres to remix genres outside of dance music I REALLY love. I'm as versatile as string baby :D

some great stuff (as usual) on rob da bank this week

really feeling the icelandic band he played near the end HJALTALIN

gorgeous on a folky vibe

Rob Da Bank knows his stuff. Wish they'd bring back The Blue Room...

I like everything from Sigur Ros to Girls Aloud to minimal techno to folk.

Just no MOR "indie" bands.

aint that on anymore? used to love that on a sat morning, I used to set my alarm for 6 to listen to it for an hour before I went to the gym!! it was that show where I first heard manilla by seelandluft........top tune!!

I love all music and tend to have phases where I like to listen to one thing in particular, eg at the moment I have most of Pink Floyds albums on repeat, namely Animals, wish you were here, darkside of the moon, meddle, more & delicate sound of thunder, also loving little boots, white lies & ladyhawke at the moment too!!

I saw the word 'Pink' and before it followed with 'Floyd' I thought to myself,

"I actually like Pinks music"

She's pretty good I think

• Cabaret Voltaire
  • Throbbing Gristle
  • SPK
  • Einstürzende Neubauten
  • Nocturnal Emissions
  • Lustmord
  • Laibach
  • Esplendor Geométrico
  • Gerechtigkeits Liga
  • Maurizio Bianchi
  • NON
The womb of electronic dance music.

I saw the word 'Pink' and before it followed with 'Floyd' I thought to myself,

"I actually like Pinks music"

She's pretty good I think

gobby American girl with plenty of "attitood" but not that much to be angry about. responsible for ruining my hearing with her vile brand of MTV-friendly anodyne pop punk. Not one iota of personality, humour, charm or originality.

think I saw your name on the bbc save the blue room thread.

Full respect.

gobby American girl with plenty of "attitood" but not that much to be angry about. responsible for ruining my hearing with her vile brand of MTV-friendly anodyne pop punk. Not one iota of personality, humour, charm or originality.
I'm not particularly a fan but she performed at a party I attended last year and I found that she actually has quite a bit of humor, charm and personality. Really good live show she puts on.

she's a record label whore. Disposable music for insurance adverts

female performers WITH personality =

grace jones
kate bush
alison goldfrapp
bjork
camille
roisin murphy
ebony bones
kathy diamond
amy winehouse
annie
danielle [crazy p]
zoe johnston

Physically, she looks like a ****ing bull dogs liver thrown up after a chronic alchohol problem. She's not physically appealing. But, shes good. Infact, even Britney Speares new song is good.

I'm sorry but it is.

Beyonce ****ing "All the single laddddies" is the most stupidest, most retarded talentless peice of crap I heard in ALONG time.
She has ALOT of vocal talent, and that song is just an absolute waste of it.

Not all pop princesses are bad. Christina Aguilera etc, like, i like a bit of pop.

If I hear a few pop songs during the day I don't whinge and say "PLAY SOME TECHNO" at the radio. But it's a context thing. When I go out, I expect a remix of it at most. If I hear the radio edit, followed by the radio edit of another song, no ****ing way. I just leave.

But for music while I work, I don't mind commercial and oldies and **** because, you have to understand, the whole world isn't into dance music. Not everyone even knows what it is. For some people music isn't a top priority and so you have to compromise.

That "Everyyyybodiesss freee" from So You Think You Can Dance, well, I was playing that at Young & Jacksons last year. It's old and for the most part it's ****. But, It's club music. Now I hear that EVERY ****ing day on Nova, god knows how many times. I'd much rather listen to a GOOD pop song, than a bad CLUB song just because, one is club/dance music and one is commercial/pop music.

Every scenario is about quality.

she's a record label whore. Disposable music for insurance adverts

female performers WITH personality =

grace jones
kate bush
alison goldfrapp
bjork
camille
roisin murphy
ebony bones
kathy diamond
amy winehouse
annie
danielle [crazy p]
zoe johnston

tsk, tsk, tsk!!!

no Siouxie Soux or Deborah Harry.........where's your head at man!!!

But for music while I work, I don't mind commercial and oldies and **** because, you have to understand, the whole world isn't into dance music. Not everyone even knows what it is. For some people music isn't a top priority and so you have to compromise.

at our office, I keep my headphones on as much as possible. Partly to hear my tunes, partly not to hear the tedious banter about last night's crap on ITV and partly because the radio the IT team have on is always tuned to the same crap on virgin ie tired FM pop-rock for volvo drivers. I will never compromise on music EVER. It's too sacred and I'm too militant to ever change.

• Cabaret Voltaire
  • Throbbing Gristle
  • SPK
  • Einstürzende Neubauten
  • Nocturnal Emissions
  • Lustmord
  • Laibach
  • Esplendor Geométrico
  • Gerechtigkeits Liga
  • Maurizio Bianchi
  • NON
The womb of electronic dance music.

Niiice - some of my vinyl collection there .....8) Was listening to Nag nag nag - Cab Voltaire only last weekend...

Back