Weekend Plans

Finally ran a 10K trail run event on Sunday at National Trust Saltram, first time ever for me. My running is usually interval in nature and interspersed with either other circuit-style conditioning / strength exercises, hiking or stops at the beach etc. I only actually did a continuous 6k for first time the week before. It was pretty hilly but not severe and we had very strong winds throughout (50+mph gusts - felt like about 0-1C with windchill). 2 minutes after I crossed the finish line (52mins 33 - not fast but not a bad first attempt for an old timer like me lol !) the heavens opened into a hailstorm so I'm very glad I pushed when I did haha.

Legs really felt it but went for hill sprint training this morning and no worse. No more long runs for me for a few days because I am also doing this on Saturday this coming weekend (the 10K on Sunday was to prepare me a little bit for it :lol:)

https://www.endurancelife.com/southdevon

It's a beast. Course record 10K over 50 mins and altitude profile say it all. Forecast is feels like 0-1 degree C but sunny with >20mph winds on those exposed sea cliffs. I'm hoping the awesome setting will compensate for the discomfort that's inevitably on the way :lol::lol::lol:

I did my first half marathon (or 13 miles anyway) at the weekend. NY resolution is to do one of those a month as a weekend long run.

Not sure I'm drawn to running anything over a half or doing it that regularly to be honest. I found it easy to combine running with weight training but very hard to combine so much pure running with my regular bootcamps which conditioned me to jump into a 10K with next to no training. I still feel I get the most out of doing those (and enjoy them more) but warming to the running more now I forced myself haha ! Guess I'll get conditioned to it like anything else and won't take such a toll physically / cause me to cut back on other stuff.

Not sure I'm drawn to running anything over a half or doing it that regularly to be honest. I found it easy to combine running with weight training but very hard to combine so much pure running with my regular bootcamps which conditioned me to jump into a 10K with next to no training. I still feel I get the most out of doing those (and enjoy them more) but warming to the running more now I forced myself haha ! Guess I'll get conditioned to it like anything else and won't take such a toll physically / cause me to cut back on other stuff.

50 mins for a cross country 10k is pretty damn good. Not sure I could go that fast on roads. I can maybe get 7mi into 60 mins on a good day. I do running & weights but not in the same session. The half marathon grew out of me having to push myself further, despite saying I'd never run for much more than 90 minutes. Maybe next year every weekend run will be a half marathon, but hopefully by then it won't take me so long. Can't see me ever doing a marathon, though, or even approaching that - would take up too much time in training, plus I know very few marathon runners that haven't injured themselves...

I’m hoping to get back on the running wagon this weekend - well it’ll be more of a run/walk for 20 mins or so, I can start to build it up again now that I’ve been back in the gym a good few weeks :)

Fingers crossed I don’t manage to break anything again!

Will be celebrating the end of Jan on Friday 1st feb here: Darius Syrossian 6 Hour set - Moxy Music Launch @ Joshua Brooks in Manchester
https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1174383

While my friends promotion provides the pre party sounds and music throughout the night at the bar upstairs
https://www.facebook.com/curiousposesmusic/

Should be a good night, the Basement in Joshua Brooks is great for a rave
Might go to this myself. Will see if any tickets floating about tomoz. Really like JB myself

Kerri Chandler & Detroit Swindle
Artwork & Pangaea
Horse meat disco

All on in the toon at seperate events over the weekend....

Obvs im going to none:spank:

Thank god its February, January literally lasted a year! Considering a dry Feb as dry January didn't work out too well for me so a quiet one this weekend for sure ?

This looks ace.. Great to see local lad Neil flynn playing with some of my favourites.. doob,janoma and Quarian :)
Berlin trip is calling I think..IMG_20190202_002214.jpg

Back