Weekend Plans

Bit late but last weekend took my 5 Yr old to Solfest in Cumbria with my best mate + his 3/4 yr olds without our Mrs' 😅

5000 people, beautiful views of the Solway and Scottish hills. A main stage, lots of various size tents playing guitar to house, techno, Dnb, Psychedelic trance. Healing and craft field, decent kids area with sand pit, games tent with reggae djs, big top with circus workshops etc. A real family festival with late night options, even a large tent that went 24 hrs. Downside was you couldn't take your own beer in the arena but everything else was brilliant 👌

My parents have been attending festivals since 1967 with our extended family, I've been taken since a kid and enjoyed them with friends for the last 20+yrs. My son has been going for a few years but to see him bouncing around with ear defenders on with his mates, honestly my heart could have exploded with happiness 💙 50 years since my parents started 🥰

Got home for football Sunday, then attended a Rhythm and Blues festival (not my bag) in the town we went to school - so it's a chance to see everyone we've grown up with. Went to see some lads play house there, then another house night in another town until early hours 😊

This weekend
Sat - son's football training is back. Family activities after, football, a new Mexican restaurant in town then a girl's 30th - could go anyway 😅

Sunday - a kids birthday party in the AM

Bit late but last weekend took my 5 Yr old to Solfest in Cumbria with my best mate + his 3/4 yr olds without our Mrs' 😅

5000 people, beautiful views of the Solway and Scottish hills. A main stage, lots of various size tents playing guitar to house, techno, Dnb, Psychedelic trance. Healing and craft field, decent kids area with sand pit, games tent with reggae djs, big top with circus workshops etc. A real family festival with late night options, even a large tent that went 24 hrs. Downside was you couldn't take your own beer in the arena but everything else was brilliant 👌

My parents have been attending festivals since 1967 with our extended family, I've been taken since a kid and enjoyed them with friends for the last 20+yrs. My son has been going for a few years but to see him bouncing around with ear defenders on with his mates, honestly my heart could have exploded with happiness 💙 50 years since my parents started 🥰

Got home for football Sunday, then attended a Rhythm and Blues festival (not my bag) in the town we went to school - so it's a chance to see everyone we've grown up with. Went to see some lads play house there, then another house night in another town until early hours 😊

This weekend
Sat - son's football training is back. Family activities after, football, a new Mexican restaurant in town then a girl's 30th - could go anyway 😅

Sunday - a kids birthday party in the AM
Hadn't heard of this one before now, looks great. Bit of a trek from Bristol though!

Hadn't heard of this one before now, looks great. Bit of a trek from Bristol though!
Yeah it's right in the border with Scotland. I was looking for somewhere with a similar vibe to Beat-herder but more family orientated. I believe you have a few like it in SE.

Will go next year with partners, they were on a hen weekend, so we can take turns on nights out. My mates young un started to flake around 7:30/8pm, ask my son what he wanted to do "watch another band" or "find another tent "🤩

How’s the puppy?
Currently fast asleep. He's being a good doggo so far, only a handful of accidents, is a bit ankle bitey, but that's just part of the teething thing.

Frustrating that we can't take him out for walks until start October because his second jab isn't for another 3 weeks, but have a ridiculous looking sling thing that we can carry him around in outside

Non eventful weekend for us. Just as well, really. Feeling a bit fluey today and I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg. The joys of turning fifty!

5 hours of Dixon yesterday was absolutely epic - he took everyone on a journey. Great crowd, no phones and Krankbrother just know how to throw a party. Even the sound was so loud considering you're in the middle of the city (compared with Field Day sound which was terrible!) Finished at 10pm and in bed by midnight, my kind of partying in the UK these days 😂

It has to be said that I think promoters should book acts for longer sets in general, these 1-1.5 hour blocks don't really do some DJs justice

Great warm up for Ibiza in 23 days!

5 hours of Dixon yesterday was absolutely epic - he took everyone on a journey. Great crowd, no phones and Krankbrother just know how to throw a party. Even the sound was so loud considering you're in the middle of the city (compared with Field Day sound which was terrible!) Finished at 10pm and in bed by midnight, my kind of partying in the UK these days 😂

It has to be said that I think promoters should book acts for longer sets in general, these 1-1.5 hour blocks don't really do some DJs justice

Great warm up for Ibiza in 23 days!
Need to try one of these KB outdoorsy street party jobbies

Nice one. What MH have you gone for?

We got a Peugeot Couple Cottage via Roadsurfer because my co-pilot insisted on an onboard toilet/shower. We scraped a tree at some campsite so unlikely to see much of that deposit back 🙄 They gave us a manual instead of the requested automatic and the water tank cap was broken but doubt that gives us any leverage (?) Will find out this week. Great trip though through a beautiful section of the Pyrenees. Huesca <> Pau cuts out the autoroute and no tolls. Festie was ok. Nice crew but music way too hard though and pissed down through first day. Everyone doing shroom drops helped take edge off though. Back to reality today. Yuck.

Back