Weekend Plans

Currently queing for our tiny hotel pool, as it opens at 10 and there aren't enough sunbeds.

Needless to say my 'we've spent a fortune on luxury holidays this year, let's go cheap and cheerful' plan will never be repeated. Moving hotel later, then our holiday can really begin.

Currently queing for our tiny hotel pool, as it opens at 10 and there aren't enough sunbeds.

Needless to say my 'we've spent a fortune on luxury holidays this year, let's go cheap and cheerful' plan will never be repeated. Moving hotel later, then our holiday can really begin.
Elbows OUT

It's gated and they open at 10, people start queing at 9, and even then the beds are on top of each other.

Can't wait to get out of here, so have paid for a better hotel and will have the 'discussion' with Jet2 later.
Not quite the relaxing morning

Spent the last few days doing family stuff and working out a plan post-redundancy. Spunk the lot on holidays or getting medicined or retraining as a Himalayan sherpa? Some serious soul searching afoot.

V envious of everyone who did the Fabric AW tribute on Thurs. Sounded amazing.

Spent the last few days doing family stuff and working out a plan post-redundancy. Spunk the lot on holidays or getting medicined or retraining as a Himalayan sherpa? Some serious soul searching afoot.

V envious of everyone who did the Fabric AW tribute on Thurs. Sounded amazing.
What’s your line of work?

What’s your line of work?

was doing media analysis and related stuff for many years but all over now. No going back. Anyone with white collar jobs is at risk over next 5 years. It’s a total AI apocalypse, unless you really are indispensible. My boss (also getting the boot) told me to get out the media and retrain, make yourself useful, have an evergreen skill, which seem like wise words.

was doing media analysis and related stuff for many years but all over now. No going back. Anyone with white collar jobs is at risk over next 5 years. It’s a total AI apocalypse, unless you really are indispensible. My boss (also getting the boot) told me to get out the media and retrain, make yourself useful, have an evergreen skill, which seem like wise words.
That sounds like a nightmare. That’s a lot of people in the same situation. I could come up with the usual cliches but they won’t help. Good luck, mate. 👍

i saw him at Sonar Lisbon the other weekend. A strange set in many ways, started off brilliantly but then badly drifted downhill. Defo a set of ups and downs.
I felt that way too, up and down, haven't given up on him yet, I will see him at a festival in Amsterdam and see how he goes

I know he has the potential to do an amazing set, heard 3 sets of his I love!

Shit weekend here, quite literally. Barely made it out of the bedroom/en suite. Went downstairs to try and watch the Joshua fight on Saturday night and to run to facilities so often, I had to give up.

Worse bit has been quarantining myself from kids in case it's something contagious.

Unless it's miraculously cleared up, I'll be off to the doctor's after my first meeting tomorrow.

/Self-pity
Now confirmed as campylobacter, food poisoning. 2 weeks at the worst apparently, so should be ok by time we get home from Tenerife, just in time for work.

Had.a KFC on Wednesday 29th March, seems the likely cause. Hopefully well enough to take kids to Siam Park waterpark tomorrow, as today's postponement was not popular

Now confirmed as campylobacter, food poisoning. 2 weeks at the worst apparently, so should be ok by time we get home from Tenerife, just in time for work.

Had.a KFC on Wednesday 29th March, seems the likely cause. Hopefully well enough to take kids to Siam Park waterpark tomorrow, as today's postponement was not popular

Nasty. No great comfort but at least it wasn‘t the squits on a 400 mile National Express.. 👀

Are we talking chatgpt threat? One of the guys in the office introduced me to the idea not that long ago and was saying how it could be used as a starting point for writing code. Scary shit... both the employment implications and (in the case of writing) filling the internet with fake but believable writing. Bad enough all the fake news/articles that are out there at the moment. Hopefully you find something to retrain in.

Are we talking chatgpt threat? One of the guys in the office introduced me to the idea not that long ago and was saying how it could be used as a starting point for writing code. Scary shit... both the employment implications and (in the case of writing) filling the internet with fake but believable writing. Bad enough all the fake news/articles that are out there at the moment. Hopefully you find something to retrain in.

ta. Check this > a journo at the Guardian recently found an article in his name he hadn’t even written, generated by AI. Everyone should be very nervous about where this is heading... THIS is well worth a read too

Last edited:
After birthday week/weekend last week, this one looks a little more chilled.

Friday - Meet Matthew at his camping spot for sunset at the end of his day 5 walking around the island. Totally trackable on his socials @mcbennett1 plus raising money for Farleigh Hospice!

Saturday - Playing taxi for a couple of friends that are joining Matt on the walk from Cala Comte through Tarida and see how far they get and I'll be working in between. Then, maybe Akasha.

Sunday - See how I feel from Saturday 😅

Back