Weekend Plans

A few things coming up.. off to Pyrenees at the weekend, a belated xmas treat for my mum. my (Spanish) grandad was based there in a garrison in the 1930s during the civil war and we're going on a little history reccie. Also crossing over to Andorra which is - or was - a tax haven so will see if there are any bargains. Not been there for over 30 years! Booked flights to Naples as well early June with 2 old rave buddies so that will be a lot of fun. For that I've been watching videos about whether Naples is still "the scariest city in Europe" but local people were saying the Gomorrah stereotypes are badly outdated even if the streets are still dirty.. Either way, won't be dull and I'm sure I'll put on a few kilos..

Big night coming up in Cologne as well:

d4524f4bbcb1ed384430b2b146c846a922446ae9.jpg

Never been to Gewölbe, but should be a good match:
✅ cash only
✅ no presale
✅ no phone policy
✅ techno-oriented club
✅ resident party running for over a decade now

Always have been intrigued by the place ever since I stumbled upon this video clip:
Best thing The Raumschmiere has come up with *insert monster truck emoji*

have this mental image of you all sat around a table in an old man's pub somewhere in Motherwell dissecting the ramifications of the SNP civil war whilst tripping oot your nut on locally and ethically sourced liberty caps.

Not quite. It's in Irvine, and we're also getting food. Can already feel myself being shamed into ordering the vegan burger.

This time last year (Easter/early April) I went on a 2 week holiday to Ibiza. But now the cost of living crisis has caught up with me. Inflation, almost no pay rise, and the NOK/EUR decreasing in value by 15-20 % compared to a year ago, has killed off any plans of 2 weeks in a hotel in Ibiza.

Instead this weekend I'm off on a 2 week holiday to Greece where I'll be mainly hiking and wild camping. Of course the weather forecast for the first week is partly rain and rather low temperatures. The highest peaks (above 1800 m) are also still covered in snow.

I am kinda used to this lifestyle. I usually get in about 30 days of wild camping each year. But with the current economy I'll probably have to endure 50 nights out in a tent this year.

I’ve had a great weekend. It’s been our anniversary yesterday. 23 years together and two years married. So we went and had lunch at The Sky Garden in London. It’s on top of the walkie talkie building. It was amazing. Very disorienting being 36 floors up and the windows are all at weird angles so it sort of gets you a bit wobbly. But once seated and with a drink you forget about it and just watch the life below pass by. The Thames looks like a stream. A really great afternoon but not cheap. Special occasions it’s fine. Weather was crap but today is much better and sunny. Nice dog walk followed by a pint in the sun.

I’ve had a great weekend. It’s been our anniversary yesterday. 23 years together and two years married. So we went and had lunch at The Sky Garden in London. It’s on top of the walkie talkie building. It was amazing. Very disorienting being 36 floors up and the windows are all at weird angles so it sort of gets you a bit wobbly. But once seated and with a drink you forget about it and just watch the life below pass by. The Thames looks like a stream. A really great afternoon but not cheap. Special occasions it’s fine. Weather was crap but today is much better and sunny. Nice dog walk followed by a pint in the sun.
Happy Anniversary to you both! 23 years is impressive stuff!😎

Back