Weekend Plans

In Iceland, drinking a Christmas beer in an empty hotel bar watching Qatar v Ecuador. One of my more unusual Sunday evenings

My brain cant process that it is World Cup time, had a banging Sunday Lunch in a country pub in full Autumn mode then there's a World Cup opener? 🤯

In Iceland, drinking a Christmas beer in an empty hotel bar watching Qatar v Ecuador. One of my more unusual Sunday evenings
Little bit jealous of your Sunday eclipse15. Iceland is such an amazing country. Have a good one.. And a shot of black death for me.

It's the time of year when the days are short (the sun sets at around 2 PM) the leaves have fallen off the trees, the ground is frozen, but no snow quite yet. It's overcast just about all the time, and everything is grey. But it's ok conditions for hiking. The wilderness areas nearest to where I live is packed with WW2 remains:

20 nov1.jpg

The concrete steps are to the entrance of long-gone WW2 German army barracks.

20 meter further along the path there's an ammunition bunker inside the hill:

20 nov2.jpg

Usually there's a lot of water from the tunnel opening until the doors leading into the bunker. But not today. It's possible to go inside without getting wet. This is what it looks like inside.

20 nov3.jpg

Yes, kids do have parties here from time to time.

The bunker has two entrances, one from either side of the hill. On the other side of the hill is the remains of an AA gun post.

20 nov4.jpg

Hopefully I'll get to summit a decent mountain later this week, weather permitting.

Last edited:
It's the time of year when the days are short (the sun sets at around 2 PM) the leaves have fallen off the trees, the ground is frozen, but no snow quite yet. It's overcast just about all the time, and everything is grey. But it's ok conditions for hiking. The wilderness areas nearest to where I live is packed with WW2 remains:

View attachment 15147

The concrete steps are to the entrance of long-gone WW2 German army barracks.

20 meter further along the path there's an ammunition bunker inside the hill:

View attachment 15148
Reminscent of the German series 'Dark'....

Early start to the weekend today, worked remotely and took the missus to a Spa morning in Mayfair, followed by a nice lunch, as I've got a quarter final on her actual birthday on Saturday.

Usual shenanigans with the kids on the weekend - one's got his best mate over tomorrow night, so I'll be heading out for the footy

I'm finishing up my pacha ibiza 2022 season today! :cool:

flying over to mallorca this evening, weekend with the inlaws and friends (hiking very much included) and will then be back on ibiza next week. very much looking forward to the next two months, if everything goes according to plan, december and january are gonna be two amazing months!

Back