Weekend Plans

My wife I celebrated 20 years since we got together yesterday. Went to a local restaurant/pub with a Michelin Star for their taster menu. Around 7 tasty courses and cheese, enjoyed the food but we didn't think it was much of a dining experience (promise I'm not a stuck up twat 👀) compared to some other higher end places we have eaten at.

Been sat in the board room for two days with other senior members of staff planning work so ready for a drink Saturday.

Early KO in Sheffield then meant to meet Mrs at a bonefire but I'm not holding out much hope of getting back in time.

Sunday - up early for the horrible 30minutes of staring at holding page whilst trying to get Glastonbury tickets. Rest of the day will depend on the outcome. Not slept well this week worrying about the ticket release

quiet ish one for me after a big one last Saturday. Gunna go for a couple pints tonight & Sunday but im saving myself for a big one next week - last prem game before the world cup and it’s a 5.30 kick off against Chelsea with a full squad of me mates out😮‍💨😰
Ffs went on a walk and the jagers are out 😰

My wife I celebrated 20 years since we got together yesterday. Went to a local restaurant/pub with a Michelin Star for their taster menu. Around 7 tasty courses and cheese, enjoyed the food but we didn't think it was much of a dining experience (promise I'm not a stuck up twat 👀) compared to some other higher end places we have eaten at.

Been sat in the board room for two days with other senior members of staff planning work so ready for a drink Saturday.

Early KO in Sheffield then meant to meet Mrs at a bonefire but I'm not holding out much hope of getting back in time.

Sunday - up early for the horrible 30minutes of staring at holding page whilst trying to get Glastonbury tickets. Rest of the day will depend on the outcome. Not slept well this week worrying about the ticket release
Send ya reg numbers over, happy to add you to my attempt!

Ben Hemsley in Hull for me tonight, rare that we get someone on the decks who isnt 20 years past it 😂

Sadly this was spoilt by being too crowded, everyone rammed into the main room when the headline set started. Kind of DC10 esque except in East Hull on a November Fri night :)

Ben himself has been getting stick on social media but has quite rightly replied that he just turns up and DJ's, tickets sold and crowd control is up to the venue.

Sadly this was spoilt by being too crowded, everyone rammed into the main room when the headline set started. Kind of DC10 esque except in East Hull on a November Fri night :)

Ben himself has been getting stick on social media but has quite rightly replied that he just turns up and DJ's, tickets sold and crowd control is up to the venue.
Yeah seen bad reports re venue/overcrowding on twitter…mental that folk try blame the dj:lol:

Yeah proper music head and tends not to follow trends.

I ended up on the same flight as him to Miami WMC about 7 years ago, and stood next to him at immigration just chatting - sorted us guest list to a couple of clubs he was playing at, top bloke

Went to a sunday event here @ Thuishaven...Darius Syrossian played there, mostly as a warm up to Franky Rizardo and Patrick Topping.
But wow, Syrossian was so good, ended up not even staying for Topping.
Proper enjoy his sets. He also plays little nights as well as his big booking. His Manchester residency always looks brilliant 👌

Good lord, been insanely busy the past few months! Got back from IBZ in July (had an epic week and found out how real that leaving the island depression can be once home...lol)and have been go-go-go since. Daughter started school in September so we've been wrangling with a whole new world and then i've managed to get sick three times in the past few weeks (latest is a brutal sinus infection that I am on the antibiotics now for), guess i'm making up for all the colds I missed during Covid? I've been skimming the forums the past few weeks, looks like the last 6 weeks of the season were amazing, congrats to all who made it home in one piece! I hope you're all doing well, hopefully i'll be online more and more assuming work doesn't consume me entirely...

Paradise Lost tonight and tomorrow, then a quiet Sunday & Monday before flying back on Tuesday. Still warm so hopefully the beach / rooftop pool. Also enjoying our new room at the Standard which is ideal recovery post Pikes Halloween!

Celebrating that we'll be moving here from December for at least 7 months...
@Clara how did you rate The Standard? Got it in mind for a trip next summer, looking to book something for an occasion (40th)…

Last edited:
Huzzah! I love Fridays! Leave my desk (at home) early, hop on the tube to meet the eldest at Arsenal at 4, lovely pizza on the Holloway Road before back in to Arsenal for his footy session at 5, then home for sleepover in the cloud. Just the eldest tonight, as the youngest has got his first 'away' sleepover.

Guitar lesson for the eldest in the morning, then I've got a footy match against the bottom of the league side, who have been shipping goals for fun. Considering putting myself up front:lol:. Saturday night is early pre-Xmas meet up with my oldest and best school friends.Are Indian restuarants that show Premiership footy common nationwide? We've got 3 very good ones in our area, so Wolves vs Arsenal and some great food ahoy!

Sunday is the usual script, take the kids to my folks, and as the weather looks ok, may avoid the soft play this week and get them on bikes at the park. Might sneak a peak at Fulham v Man U.

I'll obviously also be listening to some obscure music from an underground Berlin (is it still Berlin?) based producer you would't have heard of, and sneaking fat lines while ironing the kids pyjamas.

You?

On Saturday we are heading to the Ministry of Sound for Trance Sanctuary day party as a friend is DJing in one of the smaller rooms … not really our scene but they are a good fun crowd … then on Sunday we have a boozy thirty year reunion with (mainly) the wife’s friends from Sussex University

On Saturday we are heading to the Ministry of Sound for Trance Sanctuary day party as a friend is DJing in one of the smaller rooms … not really our scene but they are a good fun crowd … then on Sunday we have a boozy thirty year reunion with (mainly) the wife’s friends from Sussex University

Can we expect tales of late night relevations of unrequited student love, admissions of who it was who shat in the student halls' corridor and one of the gang recoling in horror at the rumour they shagged a lecturer?:D

Back