Weekend Plans

My mate rang me Saturday leaving Standon Calling festival. He loves dance music and dogs... Perfect festival 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure I'd take my spaniel to a festival, looks like a sniffer dog 😁

Last edited:
My mate rang me Saturday leaving Standon Calling festival. He loves dance music and dogs... Perfect festival 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure I'd take my spaniel to a festival, looks like a sniffer dog 😁
Nice one. They had to cancel the dog show because of the heat. Maybe that’s why we had a few dogs for our Sunday afternoon set?

Friday - Arsenal session off for my boys as they have low staff (COVID I presume). Sleepover in the cloud.
Footy training with the kids on Saturday morning.

Live-in babysitter arrives Saturday afternoon before the missus and I head to Luton for flight to Ibiza.

Sunday - Hostal La Torre, where we got engaged, booked for sunset dinner.
Monday - Top notch hiking guide, who may be known to this parish;), booked for early morning.
Tuesday - afternoon boat-trip to Formentera, via Espalmdor, including stand-up paddleboarding, snorkelling and paella, booked through Spotlight.
Wednesday - prolly Ibiza Town by night
Thursday - dinner with some mates
Friday - probably Golden Buddha for dinner has we need to leave Blau Parc for flight at 8ish

Inbetween those plans, tapas, walks, pool, beach and reading

It's a long weekend, ok?:lol:

good to see you yesterday!!! 😎

Lovely wkd back in England seeing old pals i’d not seen in years, top tunes, should-know-better silliness in fields and woods + first silent disco! Had my prior doubts but it was actually really good fun. Food for thought DC10.. hmm

....followed by the downer that is Eurostar. Absolute hell on the way back, trains cancelled with no warning, useless staff and 5 hr queues, nowhere to sit, nothing to eat, eventually getting on a train which gave me all of 25 mins to cross Paris. We all know exactly who is to blame for this but i’ll spare you the politics

My best friend is flying out tomorrow (found out just a couple days ago that it had been planned for months)! 😍

So tomorrow, Vintage Culture / Fisher at Hï
Thurs: Lunch @ Pikes for poolside vibes then my first trip to Rocks this year for Nathan Dawe
Friday: He.She.They at Amnesia
Saturday unplanned as yet!

My best friend is flying out tomorrow (found out just a couple days ago that it had been planned for months)! 😍

So tomorrow, Vintage Culture / Fisher at Hï
Thurs: Lunch @ Pikes for poolside vibes then my first trip to Rocks this year for Nathan Dawe
Friday: He.She.They at Amnesia
Saturday unplanned as yet!
How was Hi on Wednesday?? Weighing up Wednesday options for our late September visit….

How was Hi on Wednesday?? Weighing up Wednesday options for our late September visit….

Hï was really good. First visit to the club since Space and I liked it! Obviously a complete 180 from what it was (let's not get into that) but moving around was relatively easy and stumbling across the exit at the back of the Wild Corner and getting right next to the booth in the Theatre was a touch! Was there for Vintage Culture mainly and definitely preferred Club to the Theatre. Totally understand what some people say about the VIP in the Theatre - looks VERY vegas to me but overall I really bloody enjoyed it. Garden was beaut too!

Lots of young people (and I'm not even that old lol) but that's the crowd.

Highlight of the night was Vintage Culture dropping Come On, Dance with Me (CDW)

Hï was really good. First visit to the club since Space and I liked it! Obviously a complete 180 from what it was (let's not get into that) but moving around was relatively easy and stumbling across the exit at the back of the Wild Corner and getting right next to the booth in the Theatre was a touch! Was there for Vintage Culture mainly and definitely preferred Club to the Theatre. Totally understand what some people say about the VIP in the Theatre - looks VERY vegas to me but overall I really bloody enjoyed it. Garden was beaut too!

Lots of young people (and I'm not even that old lol) but that's the crowd.

Highlight of the night was Vintage Culture dropping Come On, Dance with Me (CDW)
That's great, thanks. Like you I'd be more interested in VC than Fisher......could be a goer !

Taking my parents to see Nile Rodgers tonight! Well I say taking, my Dad is driving, I paid for the tickets after getting really drunk on New Year’s Eve and deciding it was a good idea 😂

Rest of the weekend is just dissertation work really.
I love a drunken ticket purchase

The lastest was booking Liam Gallagher and Jake Bugg up for September and November. They have since been sold back and we’ve booked (sober) 2 nights for Kevin and Perry at Amnesia 🙂

Taking my parents to see Nile Rodgers tonight! Well I say taking, my Dad is driving, I paid for the tickets after getting really drunk on New Year’s Eve and deciding it was a good idea 😂

Rest of the weekend is just dissertation work really.
I saw him in Cardiff last year and it was such a good gig. I don't think you'll regret your drunken purchase.
Have fun!

Nile did not disappoint! All the hits, the whole park danced the whole time! Even my Dad was tapping his foot by the third number 😂 Although I did have to tell him to stop filming everything😂

In all seriousness though, some of my Dads musical heroes were in attendance. Trevor Horne (of Video Killed the Radio Star fame) and one of the band from 10CC supported, so he was in his element as soon as we got there.

Top daughter bonus points 💃

Back