Weekend Plans

Quiet (ish) weekend planned for me after last weekend shennanagans

Not bothering with overtime at work tomorrow so can have a morning of pretty much doing nothing although i’ll be going on run down the coast

Then onto the afternoon we’re going to our mates bbq. Hopefully things don’t get outa hand - im the bad influence within the group thats gunna be there🤣
Oops

Quite a lively evening last night. On the plus side Barcelona is very good at doing free street parties and the summer festa majors in each barrio always put on varied music, brazilian, spanish, electronic, dub, performance art, all sorts of stuff. Most of the crowds were up for a good time, it was steaming hot and there was a lot of goodwill after 3 years out. Was with my local buddies and drank some margarita with all sorts of mysterious added ingredients and fun was had. However....

On the downside, no bins, toilets, debris everywhere, some back streets are skanky as fk, we tried to intervene and then called the cops when we saw this dodgy group of men pick off some random, wasted girl and try to take her with them. I saw another guy with a knife or god knows going beserk wacking lampposts, and there were some very aggressive beer/drug vendors barging the crowds, probably desperate to offload to avoid a beating from the mafia pulling the strings. That weird sensation when you're on a buzz but stuff around you's putting you on edge. Much as i can't stand the tyranny of elf n safety control freaks in high viz, sometimes the alternative is a free for all wild west. I've been to parties in London where it was a bit like that but the cops are usually on top whereas here.. oh well the lovely English countryside next weekend

My weekend starts today. I’m at Standon Calling and will be playing five sets over the four days. 8th or 9th year playing here. And it’s ten minutes up the road. Looking forward to seeing Ray Mang, Midnight Riot Records and Dr Packer.
The wife gets back from France on Friday night. So, she’ll be joining me on Saturday where I need to keep relatively sober for the midnight set. Have taken Monday off work as precaution.

Friday - Arsenal session off for my boys as they have low staff (COVID I presume). Sleepover in the cloud.
Footy training with the kids on Saturday morning.

Live-in babysitter arrives Saturday afternoon before the missus and I head to Luton for flight to Ibiza.

Sunday - Hostal La Torre, where we got engaged, booked for sunset dinner.
Monday - Top notch hiking guide, who may be known to this parish;), booked for early morning.
Tuesday - afternoon boat-trip to Formentera, via Espalmdor, including stand-up paddleboarding, snorkelling and paella, booked through Spotlight.
Wednesday - prolly Ibiza Town by night
Thursday - dinner with some mates
Friday - probably Golden Buddha for dinner has we need to leave Blau Parc for flight at 8ish

Inbetween those plans, tapas, walks, pool, beach and reading

It's a long weekend, ok?:lol:

My weekend starts today. I’m at Standon Calling and will be playing five sets over the four days. 8th or 9th year playing here. And it’s ten minutes up the road. Looking forward to seeing Ray Mang, Midnight Riot Records and Dr Packer.
The wife gets back from France on Friday night. So, she’ll be joining me on Saturday where I need to keep relatively sober for the midnight set. Have taken Monday off work as precaution.

used to hang out with Mr Mang BITD. lovely fellow & class DJ. hope it goes off! I'm off to Sussex tomorrow. Gentle, rural festie vibes (or at least until dusk..) Just a bit excited, mainly about catching up with a rave crew I've not seen in YEARS. Then back to Spain on nighttrain via Paris on Monday, hopef - if time, mind and body allow - killing some time around Republique at Superfly Records and Le Nord Marais in the afternoon

Attachments

• 1A6E0EC0-938C-4B2C-A05E-E8D646136CE3.jpeg
    1A6E0EC0-938C-4B2C-A05E-E8D646136CE3.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 10
Back