Weekend Plans

A mate is involved with that. Think it’s Brighton way. Unfortunately, we’re booked up to play Standon Calling which is basically on our doorstep. Festival clashes are the worst.

Yes that's it, so many festies in UK now it's unreal. I don't know how many turn a profit? I'm heading to mine straight from the airport tho a bit nervous about Gatwick...

Yes that's it, so many festies in UK now it's unreal. I don't know how many turn a profit? I'm heading to mine straight from the airport tho a bit nervous about Gatwick...
From what I know breaking even if you run a festival is a result.
Yes. Problems at the big airports right now. Good luck, mate 👍

A lot of ‘ festivals ‘ are proper naff to. Couple of small stages, few burger vans and bars. 1 or 2 stages and that’s it. Also seeing more and more sound restrictions and see a few DJs complaining / apologising about it.

Let’s be honest - it’s music designed for clubs… in the dark … at night

If it’s day time you have to reflect that in the music you play. But there are far too many DJs that think 3pm on a sunny Saturday afternoon is the prime time to start banging out four to the floor 130bpm bangers.
I love sitting with friends with a few drinks and a chat gently nodding my head. Once the sun goes down it all changes.

I think part of the problem in the UK is that too many areas are too populated now and neighbours have massive clout on councils. East London and I guess other pre-gentrified cities 25 years ago still had a lot of dilapidated post-industrial zones where it was a free for all. So daytime is a compromise. Whilst in Ibiza it seems to have been a sop to various lobbies too to get around the infamous "no outdoors music after midnight" rule. In warm climates you instinctively want to party outdoors at night but I can't see that ever changing alas.

Yep - sadly councils strapped for cash but now finding out the long term impact hosting events has and how annoyed their residents get.

Three Mills Island got destroyed last year after Fuse & Solid Grooves same weekend. Grass completely wrecked, toilets leaked urine and shit all over which meant the area was fenced off for months and had to be specially treated. Similar has happened all over other public parks

If it’s day time you have to reflect that in the music you play. But there are far too many DJs that think 3pm on a sunny Saturday afternoon is the prime time to start banging out four to the floor 130bpm bangers.
I love sitting with friends with a few drinks and a chat gently nodding my head. Once the sun goes down it all changes.
Personally think music can be played outdoor any tempo any time of the day nowadays, junkyard in Dortmund, by the creek fest, voltage, possession outdoors to name a few that are proving that it works with the right crowd. Maybe not a mixed festival where you are walking from one lazy tech set into some peak time business mind but as long as the crowd are there to get down properly then the day time settings can be 👌

Yep - sadly councils strapped for cash but now finding out the long term impact hosting events has and how annoyed their residents get.

Three Mills Island got destroyed last year after Fuse & Solid Grooves same weekend. Grass completely wrecked, toilets leaked urine and shit all over which meant the area was fenced off for months and had to be specially treated. Similar has happened all over other public parks

Trent Park is another one that springs to mind, pulling the Junction 2 festival licence a week before the festival

Early start tonight, off to The Ned for my birthday (yesterday) dinner with the missus. Usually weekend shenanigans with the kids after that - Arsenal with my boy Friday and Sleepover in The Cloud. The boys have birthday parties to attend both Saturday and Sunday, plus guitar lessons we've got family school photos on Sunday.

Most importantly we've got a meet up with our friend/babysitter to re-acquaint the kids with her, for when we go to Ibiza on 23rd July, leaving kids at home:p

Most importantly we've got a meet up with our friend/babysitter to re-acquaint the kids with her, for when we go to Ibiza on 23rd July, leaving kids at home:p
Our kids are off on holiday with grandma when we go end of the month.

Chill night tomorrow then the absolute carnage of a work piss up on Saturday 3pm start.

H
Early start tonight, off to The Ned for my birthday (yesterday) dinner with the missus. Usually weekend shenanigans with the kids after that - Arsenal with my boy Friday and Sleepover in The Cloud. The boys have birthday parties to attend both Saturday and Sunday, plus guitar lessons we've got family school photos on Sunday.

Happy birthday!

Wife’s friend and husband and daughter coming to visit from South East London. We’re going to a local beer festival on the river with music, kids art competition, boat parade etc. Then back to ours for barbecue. Sunday catching some rays in the garden. Summery stuff.😎

Back