Weekend Plans

Ah sorry I didn’t realise, I had a look last night. That’s one expensive fest

Primavera by all accounts was an absolute shambles on the first night. they got greedy and didn't have enough staff at the bars, and the ones they had were almost certainly unseasoned uni students paid a pittance, meaning people were waiting for over an hour to get a drink. was hopelessly overcrowded too and then people had a job getting back too. Very relieved to have missed that shitshow. On basis of what I saw H played nice stuff, but he looked very remote on a stage with a barely engaged crowd. This is precisely why I don't do corporate festivals.

Primavera by all accounts was an absolute shambles on the first night. they got greedy and didn't have enough staff at the bars, and the ones they had were almost certainly unseasoned uni students paid a pittance, meaning people were waiting for over an hour to get a drink. was hopelessly overcrowded too and then people had a job getting back too. Very relieved to have missed that shitshow. On basis of what I saw H played nice stuff, but he looked very remote on a stage with a barely engaged crowd. This is precisely why I don't do corporate festivals.
A festival is my worst nightmare

A festival is my worst nightmare

depends. somewhere with nice weather n rural, max 600 people, friendly crowd, no gobby kids, one big tent, a campfire and double decker serving pizzas and a generator for the fridges, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be tbh

After a 4 night's abroad during the week, we had a family filled weekend 😎

Friday - took our son to Diggerland in Yorkshire. He just scrapped over 1m so could go on most of the digger related rides and we spent 6 hrs there in the sun 👌 Chinese and early night

Saturday - celebrated the queen's 70th. My mother's birthday party at home with family 😁 stayed over and enjoyed a few cocktails

Sunday - went to Halifax's Piece Hall to get involved in their Jubliee celebrations

Going back to a shit storm at work today after 10 days off, a colleague has handed their notice in and it will affect my department

Woof, long weekend! Had a few too many on Friday night, then on Sat had the little's tee ball and our softball season opening a couple hours later. Sunday morning started waaaay too early for me as I had a 9am baseball game. Was VERY ready for my nap that afternoon :cool:

Our Mams 50th on Saturday and we’ve got a massive bus making the short journey North up to Sunderland for Rock the Northeast retro fest with us ‘kids’ all her mates and even some of mine and the sisters have piled on as we’re all like one extended family across the pocket of estates we all grew up. Weathers looking sound and everyone going are big drinkers so can imagine will be a good day.. got the likes of Billy ocean, Thompson twins (Tom Bailey) Tony Hadley from spandau ballet, bad manners, wet wet wet and few others so plenty of golden oldies 😂 got a dance tent with urban Cookie collective and Sonique on so sure will pile in there later on

Last weekend of (semi normality) before festival / club / holiday season properly kicks off for us

Love this side of the summer👌

Went to the beach in Oslo on Sunday. Got shat on by a seagull, for the first time ever. It landed on my thigh. :evil:

Went to a different beach on Monday. I got there early, and noticed a dead seal at the waters edge. But this is the course of nature. Seals are born, and then they die. No big deal.

An hour or so later I woke up to a bit of a commotion. In the meantime other people had arrived, and someone freaked out and called the police. A policeman had now been put ashore and was walking passed me to get to the seal. He fastened a rope to the animal, and they towed it out into the fjord. (They probably dumped in out in the middle of the fjord hoping next time it wouldn't wash up on a popular beach)

juni12.jpg

Normally I should be spending the weekends in June mountaineering. But there is still too much snow on the mountains near to where I live. There's hardly any snow on the mountains in the east, and far too much snow in the north west. The pics below are from yesterday.

juni10.jpg

The pointy mountain in the pic below (named Slogen) is my main goal this year. I've so far been turned back by bad weather. But just about each time I fly past in a plane the weather is excellent.

Slogen.jpg

Been in doubt about this weekend for ages, cause there's just too much to choose from and I had tickets for multiple things...decided to give good old Solomun a chance and go to his first 'Nobody is not loved' festival. Pretty much because the weather forecast for saturday is good and it's really closeby. I had tickets for another festival in Arnhem with a really strong line up but there's a big chance of storm and rain and it's a long drive there.
I'll let you guys know how the festival was!
Short review: https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/european-festivals.66392/page-34

Big weekend in our house, usual stuff, Arsenal with my boy tonight, sleepover in cloud tonight, guitar lesson Saturday morning. But while the kids and current Mrs B are down at our allotment on Saturday afternoon, I'm going to pick up our new cat. I've resisted calls for a dog, which have increased since my elder boy's additional needs school have started bringing in a support dog once a week, but have accepted that a cat, specifcally a Maine Coon, may be good for his Autism.

Kids have no idea, so I'm expecting tears of joy. What could possibly go wrong?:lol:

Big weekend in our house, usual stuff, Arsenal with my boy tonight, sleepover in cloud tonight, guitar lesson Saturday morning. But while the kids and current Mrs B are down at our allotment on Saturday afternoon, I'm going to pick up our new cat. I've resisted calls for a dog, which have increased since my elder boy's additional needs school have started bringing in a support dog once a week, but have accepted that a cat, specifcally a Maine Coon, may be good for his Autism.

Kids have no idea, so I'm expecting tears of joy. What could possibly go wrong?:lol:
Lol Maine coons are huuuuuge. Awesome animals tho, congrats!

Should be another interesting weekend. Had my bday and my little's graduation from Pre-K yesterday afternoon, lots of fun all around.

Tomorrow have her last tee ball game in the morning and then the Mrs and I have softball that afternoon. Have to pack after that tho as I'm leaving early on Sunday for a work trip. Leaving 65 and rainy for 109 and humid...it's going to suuuuuuuuuuck. Hoping I don't explode in flames as soon as I get off the plane.

Maine Coon are generally fantastic with kids.
I miss mine so much 😪, 11 kilos of pure love.
DSC_0508.jpg

Back