Weekend Plans

I don't even drink anymore, so it's not like I'm after a longer pour or anything. So far I've seen everything from nothing to a dollar a drink to a dollar a round, with no pattern.

It was clear for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, all the servers in the restaurants were hoping for more than usual, but I've no idea if we gave enough.

Shitty system, where the workers are reliant on whims of each customer.

Europeans tend to tip stingily and only if they think the service is good. Americans tend to tip handsomely as a matter of course !

@B_Falls can you enlighten as to tipping in all inclusive places. I'm copying others here but it seems to be completely random.....
Sure!

First, double check that tipping isn't already included in your overall bill (quick call to the front desk), if it is - don't feel obligated to tip. Even if it is you will probably see Americans still tipping out of habit or not knowing it's already included (both equally as likely).

If service is really great $1 per drink is fairly standard for beers or food delivery at a bar, $2 for a complicated drink (multi step martini for example). Or you can leave 10-15% tip on the overall bill for lunch/dinner (again only for really great service).

If service is so-so, or just not great, leave less (or nothing if really bad). If you have lunch at a sit down restaurant an you have a few beers and some dishes brought out, $5 is a reasonable tip, less if you weren't there very long or they didn't really do much (ie brought a couple tacos a beer = $2 tip).

These are the basics, let me know if you need any further info. Enjoy your holiday! :)

I don't even drink anymore, so it's not like I'm after a longer pour or anything. So far I've seen everything from nothing to a dollar a drink to a dollar a round, with no pattern.

It was clear for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, all the servers in the restaurants were hoping for more than usual, but I've no idea if we gave enough.

Shitty system, where the workers are reliant on whims of each customer.
All inclusives make it tougher. People go there with the expectation of having a set cost and then not having to worry about carrying cash around or being bothered to tip.

Santa was a bit too generous this year. Woke up this morning under the weather with a nasty head ache and cough. Test came up positive for the Rona, ugh.

Sh!tty time for it to happen. Reckon it's got to the stage where it's not a matter of if it's when for all of us !

Santa was a bit too generous this year. Woke up this morning under the weather with a nasty head ache and cough. Test came up positive for the Rona, ugh.

get well soon.

Reckon it's got to the stage where it's not a matter of if it's when for all of us !

absolutely, I've been saying this for the past few weeks, it's around so much right now it's most probably inevitable we'll all get it.

we will most likely have to pass on our NYD dc10 plans, because I can't afford to get it right after that (because I've got plans then).

we will most likely have to pass on our NYD dc10 plans, because I can't afford to get it right after that (because I've got plans then).

😞 ... well, on the up side at least you got a bit of partying in soon before Christmas. Heading abroad in the New Year ?

😞 ... well, on the up side at least you got a bit of partying in soon before Christmas. Heading abroad in the New Year ?

yeah I'm glad we got a bit of clubbing just before it all exploded again. tbh I'm not overly surprised or sad about it right now.

going back to mallorca start of jan, seeing my inlaws and have hiking customers and for both I simply need to stay healthy.

get well soon.

absolutely, I've been saying this for the past few weeks, it's around so much right now it's most probably inevitable we'll all get it.

Thanks, doing better, hopefully past the worst of it. I'm honestly surprised I made it almost 2 years without catching it, have had a kid in daycare the whole time and my wife's a nurse.

Is it the weekend again? Still in Mexico here, so started Friday with a run along the beach😎

We plan to send all our Happy New Year messages at UK midnight 7pm here and then get an early night ahead a full NYD at Xcaret, a nature park with lots of attractions. I went there 20 years ago and remember snorkelling in a river full of parrotfish, so looking forward to freaking the kids out with that 🤣

Is it the weekend again? Still in Mexico here, so started Friday with a run along the beach😎

We plan to send all our Happy New Year messages at UK midnight 7pm here and then get an early night ahead a full NYD at Xcaret, a nature park with lots of attractions. I went there 20 years ago and remember snorkelling in a river full of parrotfish, so looking forward to freaking the kids out with that 🤣
Sounds good Buckley 😎 I'm sure my mates snorkelled there, loads of statues like an under water museum?!?

Currently researching Mexico as a back up to Thailand due to the entry requirements 😊

Been there it was amazing

How was everyones new year? I ended up falling ill (think I caught a bug at Egg) and spent the first few days of 2022 ill :(

How was everyones new year? I ended up falling ill (think I caught a bug at Egg) and spent the first few days of 2022 ill :(
Went to bed at 10pm, woken up by Desert Storm at midnight. Back to sleep, up at 8am.

Off to a rearranged theatre show tonight with the kids (Peter Pan) then Hartlepool away in the cup tomorrow. Must be mad going up there it will be baltic!

Off to a rearranged theatre show tonight with the kids (Peter Pan) then Hartlepool away in the cup tomorrow. Must be mad going up there it will be baltic!
Down here, Bristol City wanted £35 to see them play Fulham tomorrow lunchtime- bonkers. The place will be more than half empty. If they charged a tenner with kids for a quid, likely have filled it.

After spending 28th-30th December in Edinburgh then Aberdeen seeing family I awoke with a slightly sore throat (nothing a brew wouldn't sort out) and muscle aches (which I had put down to the 6 hour drive!). We did the LF tests as the missus had a bit of a cold and I was stunned to find out I was positive and she was negative. I also had a blocked ear and "fuzzy head" which I can only describe as similar to MDMA withdrawals :lol:.

No symptoms since Monday and several negative tests later I'm off to the capital for a long weekend tomorrow to see Spurs try and cope with the mighty mighty Morecambe 🔴. The lads have mentioned XOYO as a potential clubbing destination tomorrow

Genuinely can't think of many colder away grounds to visit - I feel for you all, Baltic doesn't describe it 🤣🤣🤣

Picked up the keys for BTL property this afternoon, Mrs has already been around and said the previous owners have left it very clean...tomorrow morning's job now off the list 😎

Dinner KO for the football, taking our 3 Yr old on with the lads. Can only buy an extra ticket for him where my season ticket is for the cup matches. Couple of beers after to let the traffic die down 😁

After being couped up in the house for 11 days, it's been nice to get out in the wind/ snow today...

Sunday lunch somewhere good is main priority this weekend

Back