Weekend Plans

Sounds like the wild fermented scrumpy I make my apple & rosemary jelly from. Lovely stuff :D Get some stinging nettle tea down you or blanch some tips to de-sting them and have them with your dinner. Stinging nettle top growth is very good for clearing up UTIs .... obviously not applied topically :eek:😂
Thanks hombre, bad weekend for this to have happened tbh

Football called off again due to covid, wife had breakfast plans this am with our son & friends...

So set the alarm clock nice early to hike for the sunrise in the Lake District. Something about the light up there, other than a festival/rave can't think of many places I'd rather watch the sun come up

Last edited:
Football called off again due to covid, wife had breakfast plans this am with our son & friends...

So set the alarm clock nice early to hike for the sunrise in the Lake District. Something about the light up there, other than a festival/rave can't think of many places I'd rather watch the sun come up
Wow. That's an incredible shot!

hope I'm not tempting fate after so many false dawns but does feel like the end really is now in sight. BCN curfew gets lifted this weekend and hopef the other restrictions soon too. People have been so incredibly patient. I never see anyone on the metro or buses making a fuss about masks. it was nice to catch up with some buddies on Saturday on the Pulitzer rooftop in the January sunshine. Am not a massive fan of rooftops - staff often a bit pushy and vibe can be bit posey and sterile - but was really cool this time after weeks going nuts indoors.. the prices though... only time before we see 20€ miniburgers.. I think people are starting to notice the inflation. Strikes on the way I'm sure... Anyway, music was good. Pitching to get a couple of gigs myself. hanging out with the Dublab crew in Raval this weekend & then have Lee Fields and Madness gigs booked later in the spring. I also decided to swerve certain threads on this forum. Certain people do my head in, their whole ethos the opposite of everything I stand for, and life's too short.

hope I'm not tempting fate after so many false dawns but does feel like the end really is now in sight. BCN curfew gets lifted this weekend and hopef the other restrictions soon too. People have been so incredibly patient. I never see anyone on the metro or buses making a fuss about masks. it was nice to catch up with some buddies on Saturday on the Pulitzer rooftop in the January sunshine. Am not a massive fan of rooftops - staff often a bit pushy and vibe can be bit posey and sterile - but was really cool this time after weeks going nuts indoors.. the prices though... only time before we see 20€ miniburgers.. I think people are starting to notice the inflation. Strikes on the way I'm sure... Anyway, music was good. Pitching to get a couple of gigs myself. hanging out with the Dublab crew in Raval this weekend & then have Lee Fields and Madness gigs booked later in the spring. I also decided to swerve certain threads on this forum. Certain people do my head in, their whole ethos the opposite of everything I stand for, and life's too short.
Inflation is no joke right now, we hit 8% last year in the States and seeing how the Euro is tumbling i'm guessing you guys are getting hit harder than we are.

Smart call on the mental preservation, it's just not worth the headache.

May have been below 10C but calm water, clear skies and very little wind blasted me out on a paddleboard yesterday. Was the best outing I've had since October, finally felt alive again.

Cheap spare board kit hastily bought off Amazon on an 'as new-damaged packaging' deal proved sound enough to do a 4.5km test paddle fully laden with freedive gear on open water to one of the remote spots I go to in Summer. Handled absolutely fine. I might hesitate to do very long trips on it but for 90% of what I use it for it proved to be everything I actually need. My fancy board uses a remote controller and it's broken down again after only a Season's use - will be weeks to get a spare part prized out of Slovenia if they even bother replying to emails or shipping orders without a PayPal claim to trigger it .. very pleased to have found an inexpensive way round getting beached by equipment problems on the one perfect day we've had in 2 months - and not having to call out the RNLI as there's no phone signal anyway :lol::lol::lol:

GOPR0891 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

GOPR0887 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

My boy was 'player of the day' at his inclusive session at Arsenal on Friday, did really well at guitar lesson on Saturday morning, and I did 90 mins in centre mid in an 8-0 win in the afternoon, and I took both of my boys to see 'Magic Goes Wrong' at the Apollo Theatre yesterday.

Completed it.

There's not much to be done here this weekend.

We've had either storms or hurricanes every other day for the last 3 weeks. We can't do any outdoor stuff. Going for a walk in the hills is asking to meet one's maker.

The town was just about dead this afternoon with hardly anyone around.

This evening the wind gusts are above 60 knots where I live on the outskirts of town. The howling of the wind is every now and then intersped with the sound of stuff being thrown around and hitting buildings or parked cars. On a hill not so far from there they are measuring gusts of up to 98 knots.

Luckily the local gym is open. I went there both yesterday and today. But this has become a game of Russian roulette. The gym is always rather packed, and no masks are either mandated or used, and no testing is required. Every other day or so I get a text message from the gym telling that someone who was there at a certain time has now tested positive. Luckily I have dodged the bullet so far.

It feels like being locked in a slow-motion, dystopian, never-ending, disaster movie where the weather is getting constantly worse, the sun hasn't been seen in weeks, and everyone is stuck indoors waiting for the inevitable infectious, deadly disease thats going around.

No wonder I have booked a trip to Ibiza as soon as April.

Last edited:
Back