Weekend Plans

lovely afternoon out in Poble Espanyol yesterday - really cool psychedelic music from a Toulouse band called Slift

the downside was the strict controls on your every move. masks on even whilst sat down, banned from drinking even water in the seated area. the faff ordering a drink via your phone from a designated consumption table when you just want to slip out for a refill... we had a taster of this at gigs last summer but if anything, things feel even stricter now. is this how they say the future's meant to be?

lovely afternoon out in Poble Espanyol yesterday - really cool psychedelic music from a Toulouse band called Slift

the downside was the strict controls on your every move. masks on even whilst sat down, banned from drinking even water in the seated area. the faff ordering a drink via your phone from a designated consumption table when you just want to slip out for a refill... we had a taster of this at gigs last summer but if anything, things feel even stricter now. is this how they say the future's meant to be?

Think it’s a Spanish thing. From a lot of U.K. events this weekend were seated and masks moving around but not sat down or drinking

Great weekend was had! Managed to see some friends for a 30th Birthday and have some cake! Then consumed a bit too much vodka... whoops! 8.5k run in the sun too which was nice!

Had a good weekend, don't miss the hangover though...

Thursday - got a picture from a mate in a beer garden, in the sun serving decent beer. Headed over immediately and it was bliss

Friday-another picture from a bar friends are involved in, new marquees etc. Made an excuse to head into town, we reallly needed a new frying pan. Ended up doing a walking tour of the town for potential locations for a music festival with representatives of the town.

Saturday - Clarke's to get little lad's feet measured and new sneakers.
Dropped him and dog off then met friends at a beer garden at 1pm. Lovely views and great to see mates, 6am kitchen talk at 2pm 😋

Good friend's 30th, booked 50 seats in a rough boozer and got merry - very merry. Mrs and girls met us there, they were well on their way. Mrs needed to go 9:30pm so took her home, tucked her up and headed back out....

Sunday - died until mid afternoon. Came around in time to do family stuff.

Good weekend, won't be repeating for at least 4 days*

*Absolutely not true but it was fun to enjoy the beer gardens and see friends

Last edited:
Had a good weekend, don't miss the hangover though...

Thursday - got a picture from a mate in a beer garden, in the sun serving decent beer. Headed over immediately and it was bliss

Friday-another picture from a bar friends are involved in, new marquees etc. Made an excuse to head into town, we reallly needed a new frying pan. Ended up doing a walking tour of the town for potential locations for a music festival with representatives of the town.

Saturday - Clarke's to get little lad's feet measured and new sneakers.
Dropped him and dog off then met friends at a beer garden at 1pm. Lovely views and great to see mates, 6am kitchen talk at 2pm 😋

Good friend's 30th, booked 50 seats in a rough boozer and got merry - very merry. Mrs and girls met us there, they were well on their way. Mrs needed to go 9:30pm so took her home, tucked her up and headed back out....

Sunday - died until mid afternoon. Came around in time to do family stuff.

Good weekend, won't be repeating for at least 4 days*

*Absolutely not true but it was fun to enjoy the beer gardens and see friends

Sounds like you made good use of the weekend!

was out all weekend, felt like old times. but with that so did the Mondays return to graft (sorry state) haven't missed that! come Tuesday morning the usual message to the Mrs 'can we just have a chilled weekend this one, still lagging' the Mrs also in agreeance

Wednesday comes - weekend now shook off, the usual U turn message to the ball and chain 'f*** it, town again this weekend? everyone's out'? just had the reply 'yeah was thinking just that, works doing my head in today'

Wednesday comes - weekend now shook off, the usual U turn message to the ball and chain 'f*** it, town again this weekend? everyone's out'? just had the reply 'yeah was thinking just that, works doing my head in today'

It's always the way, right?

Happy St Jordi (or St George!) Day today. People swap flowers and books here and it's all very twee.

Restaurants properly reopen Monday, and hopef the curfew will go within the next few weeks. It feels like things are finally moving

I'm also going on a reccy around some bars tomorrow to find out if anyone needs a Sat/Sun daytime chillout DJ in part inspired by 2 of my London buddies who are doing a livestream tonight on Music Box which is always really good

Staying positive and productive, even though I struggled a bit at times this week..

Happy St Jordi (or St George!) Day today. People swap flowers and books here and it's all very twee.

Restaurants properly reopen Monday, and hopef the curfew will go within the next few weeks. It feels like things are finally moving

I'm also going on a reccy around some bars tomorrow to find out if anyone needs a Sat/Sun daytime chillout DJ in part inspired by 2 of my London buddies who are doing a livestream tonight on Music Box which is always really good

Staying positive and productive, even though I struggled a bit at times this week..
Hope you get set up with some gigs!

Meant to be joining a few friends on a 12mile walk to a little town I've mentioned before called Hebden Bridge. Lots of independent bars, craft and real ale, got some tables booked...

Broke my big toe yesterday, misjudged the stairs carrying 2 year old 🙃 he was fine but my toe copped it!

At some point I need to ask my wife to drive 40mins to drop me tomorrow 👀

Back