Weekend Plans

earlier today...

48358534_527878707691756_307313306689863680_o.jpg

48336081_527878731025087_6655621509614141440_o.jpg

48388229_527878991025061_5845125605644828672_o.jpg

Those pictures look amazing!

Flying to the UK this Thursday for Christmas with the families. We haven't decorated at all this year as we knew we were leaving on the 20th so haven't really felt festive yet (and I've only had 2 mince pies!!)

Not prepared for the cold
Not prepared for being ferried around to multiple family members
Not prepared for the cold (definitely worth mentioning twice)

Hopefully finally back home in Devon on Thursday. I was supposed to be back early December and it all went to sh!t, not been so unprepared for Xmas for years. On the plus, annoying in-laws not coming down now so can keep things lower key and just managed to get a waiting list cancellation table for Xmas lunch out with close family, which is a blessing. It's also shortest day of the year on Friday so not long to go until we start on the road back to longer days and got another meal out booked for then to take the pressure off cooking. Amen to that.

On the minus I absolutely hate everything getting disrupted this time of year, just deeply disturbs me and makes me feel like life is spiralling out of control. Think there are those who enjoy Xmas and those who dread the onset of everything about it from mid-November and I'm mainly in the latter category. Been staying active regularly outdoors this year despite the cold and rain, and it's made the world of difference - I still have some anxiety, brought about mainly by family being self-centered and f*cking everyone else about trying to optimize everything for themselves, but I'm coping with it much better (not least by calling time-out on it for the first time in 15 years !). Threw off four days of all-night insomnia last week that a year ago would have had me paralyzed and sinking into deep depression. I think Xmas is maybe a great time for families with kids. Let's just leave it there :lol:.

Hopefully finally back home in Devon on Thursday. I was supposed to be back early December and it all went to sh!t, not been so unprepared for Xmas for years. On the plus, annoying in-laws not coming down now so can keep things lower key and just managed to get a waiting list cancellation table for Xmas lunch out with close family, which is a blessing. It's also shortest day of the year on Friday so not long to go until we start on the road back to longer days and got another meal out booked for then to take the pressure off cooking. Amen to that.

On the minus I absolutely hate everything getting disrupted this time of year, just deeply disturbs me and makes me feel like life is spiralling out of control. Think there are those who enjoy Xmas and those who dread the onset of everything about it from mid-November and I'm mainly in the latter category. Been staying active regularly outdoors this year despite the cold and rain, and it's made the world of difference - I still have some anxiety, brought about mainly by family being self-centered and f*cking everyone else about trying to optimize everything for themselves, but I'm coping with it much better (not least by calling time-out on it for the first time in 15 years !). Threw off four days of all-night insomnia last week that a year ago would have had me paralyzed and sinking into deep depression. I think Xmas is maybe a great time for families with kids. Let's just leave it there :lol:.

Amen to that - I’m totally with you there! Aside from a couple of days off work now it will just be a “normal” day for me and my parents. At least with my current predicament I’ve had an excuse not to put the tree up this year :lol: (although all my neighbours seem to have outdone themselves with the most garish headache inducing flashing lights to throw up in whatever outside space they have).

Here’s to Friday and the daylight light slowly creeping back in to our days :) In a fortnight it will all be over!

Amen to that - I’m totally with you there! Aside from a couple of days off work now it will just be a “normal” day for me and my parents. At least with my current predicament I’ve had an excuse not to put the tree up this year :lol: (although all my neighbours seem to have outdone themselves with the most garish headache inducing flashing lights to throw up in whatever outside space they have).

Here’s to Friday and the daylight light slowly creeping back in to our days :) In a fortnight it will all be over!

:lol::lol::lol: cheers to that ... tacky Xmas bling is rammed down your throat for so many weeks there's sadly little special about the theme left by the time you get to Christmas Eve. People have been having pre-Xmas get-togethers and office/work parties all month - my sister has had to attend at least 6 of them already and is sick of the sight of festive menus. I never felt negative about it before I came to live in UK but the prolonged build-up and retail extravaganza also surrounding it here winds up being nauseating and is almost impossible to turn a blind eye to. I think older people like to have a bit of Xmas stuff around, it breaks up the monotony of their year etc. and I totally get that, so do keep my mouth shut as best I can and try to put a more positive face on it on that front. Who knows I might live long enough to be sat in a chair feeling that at some point :confused: but then again maybe not :lol: !

Back to being positive though, the place I managed to get us in to for Xmas lunch has Venison Wellington as an alternative to turkey or the likely slightly past-its-peak fish option, so at least I won't be forking out £100 a head for food I don't even like - the poke in the nuts usually swallowed to get out of spending most of the day slaving in the kitchen :lol: ! As you say, in a fortnight it will all be over :D

I´ve had fever since Sunday, just got out of the bed and will go to work tomorrow.
Stupid money just before Christmas holiday, but we´re (me and gf) going to
Barcelona Saturday and Ibiza on Monday:rolleyes: Will be at Ibiza friends house
for Christmas:D in San An, then Ibiza town.
Plaza de parque for New Year and probably Dc 10 first of Jan.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol: cheers to that ... tacky Xmas bling is rammed down your throat for so many weeks there's sadly little special about the theme left by the time you get to Christmas Eve. People have been having pre-Xmas get-togethers and office/work parties all month - my sister has had to attend at least 6 of them already and is sick of the sight of festive menus.

Last night I attended Christmas drinks... For my gym

Last night I attended Christmas drinks... For my gym

:lol: ... the bootcamp lot I'm with threw a full-on Christmas party in a hotel private event room a couple of weekends ago. I guess opening it up to spouses gets over the usual hurdle ! That's after a team eating contest at the end of that morning's session where your 3 nominated 'biggest pigs' had to race up the hill, eat an entire chocolate log cake and a packet of mince pies between them (and swallow) whilst doing sit-ups at the top - and get back down before the other team finished :lol::lol::lol:. It was actually hilarious to watch, but I'd have laughed more if the rest of us hadn't been made to hold a plank until they finished !! There was at least one crafty 'puke of regret' in the bushes after that :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: cheers to that ... tacky Xmas bling is rammed down your throat for so many weeks there's sadly little special about the theme left by the time you get to Christmas Eve. People have been having pre-Xmas get-togethers and office/work parties all month - my sister has had to attend at least 6 of them already and is sick of the sight of festive menus. I never felt negative about it before I came to live in UK but the prolonged build-up and retail extravaganza also surrounding it here winds up being nauseating and is almost impossible to turn a blind eye to. I think older people like to have a bit of Xmas stuff around, it breaks up the monotony of their year etc. and I totally get that, so do keep my mouth shut as best I can and try to put a more positive face on it on that front. Who knows I might live long enough to be sat in a chair feeling that at some point :confused: but then again maybe not :lol: !

Back to being positive though, the place I managed to get us in to for Xmas lunch has Venison Wellington as an alternative to turkey or the likely slightly past-its-peak fish option, so at least I won't be forking out £100 a head for food I don't even like - the poke in the nuts usually swallowed to get out of spending most of the day slaving in the kitchen :lol: ! As you say, in a fortnight it will all be over :D

when I used to live in Richmond, there was this mad old spinster next door who kept her decorations up all year and only took them down for the 12 days...(!)

Worst time of year. An ordeal to get through. January is ok because there is still that psychological (naive) expectation that it will be a 'better' year and you find yourself briefly thinking positively for a few weeks.

and I have laryngitis which is doing my head in so I'll just restrict myself to reading about everyone else's xmas parties.

when I used to live in Richmond, there was this mad old spinster next door who kept her decorations up all year and only took them down for the 12 days...(!)

Worst time of year. An ordeal to get through. January is ok because there is still that psychological (naive) expectation that it will be a 'better' year and you find yourself briefly thinking positively for a few weeks.

and I have laryngitis which is doing my head in so I'll just restrict myself to reading about everyone else's xmas parties.

So true ! There's also all the December germs circulating made 10 times worse by all the heavy drinking parties where peoples' resistance plummets, which does my head in. Was keeping healthy dodging it all, then an in-law shows up from an overseas trip with a stinking flu-like bug. He was in bed for 3 days and all the next weekend and was still coughing and spluttering all over everything a week later. Kept running around opening windows and wiping every handle, tap, doorknob, lightswitch & remote in the kitchen with dettol wipes every time he went in there. Felt like bloody Kenneth Williams but fingers crossed didn't succumb to it :rolleyes::lol:.

The Christmas boozing will start for me this weekend! Work Christmas party was 2 weeks ago and I opted not to drink, very surprised at myself but must say I had a good night and best of all no hangover the next day and remembering everything about it :D Someone very high up in my company sat down to have their meal and the whole chair collapsed, I looked over and could just see a pair of legs in the air, once I found out they weren't hurt I left the room to have a little giggle, couldn't resist and thought If I was seen laughing my P45 would be on my desk Monday morning :lol: wasn't the only one to go outside funnily enough :lol:

I hate Christmas
I hate my mother in law (don't worry, she hates me more than I do)
I have to share the first one with the second one(I am pretty sure this sentence means nothing in English, right?)
Putain de merde!

Last edited:
I hate Christmas
I have to share the first one with the second one(I am pretty sure this sentence means nothing in English, right?)
Putain de merde!
i hate my mother in law, ha ha jimmiz,you need to check out Les Dawson, a well known mother in law hater from England :)

Another heavy weekend lined up followed by a heavy week:oops: bodies ruined already!

Current work site shuts tomorrow and we aren’t back until the 7th:p

I hate Christmas
Putain de merde!

Oh NO - btw the third makes perfect sense in English ;) The 4th is also very clear even though it's not :lol:

Work Christmas party was 2 weeks ago and I opted not to drink, very surprised at myself but must say I had a good night and best of all no hangover the next day and remembering everything about it :D

Best ever move. Stopped drinking at work Xmas parties when I hit 30 - had learned just about every lesson there was to learn by then :oops::lol:

Oh NO - btw the third makes perfect sense in English ;) The 4th is also very clear even though it's not :lol:

Best ever move. Stopped drinking at work Xmas parties when I hit 30 - had learned just about every lesson there was to learn by then :oops::lol:

Lol remember having two bottles of buckfast when I was 21 and then attending a work Xmas do. Told one of the old office hags id spit on her tits (!) and then told the boss I was giving him his P45 on the Monday. I still work there 7 years on!!

Back