Weekend plans

100% mate.

How are you anyway mate? All good dawwwnnn saaarrrth?

Yeah, fatherhood has made me the happiest man alive. Having bundles of success workwise, Glasto next week, my 40th the week after, then a mate's stag in Ibiza, 10-13th. All rosy!

How are you doing? Your nights look top drawer. In the unlikely even I ever go clubbing again, (Ibiza excepted), I'll have to see if the X-man fancies a roadtrip!

100% mate.

How are you anyway mate? All good dawwwnnn saaarrrth?

Yeah, fatherhood has made me the happiest man alive. Having bundles of success workwise, Glasto next week, my 40th the week after, then a mate's stag in Ibiza, 10-13th. All rosy!

How are you doing? Your nights look top drawer. In the unlikely even I ever go clubbing again, (Ibiza excepted), I'll have to see if the X-man fancies a roadtrip!

i'm all good thanks mate.
Glad work is going well - if you want to expand your operation into the north mate i know a good commercial manager!!
the nights are going well - we learnt a lot from last year and are a lot more organised this year, we have to be - putting on 40k + shows need good organisation!
when you in Ibiza - 10th-13th July? I am over at the end of July for my mates wedding...

Our lot are novices and have booked us into the Ibiza Rocks Hotel and on a Pukka Up boat party. I will be 40 at this point:lol: I didn't like to take over and re-arrange. Will PM near time!

Great and varied totally unplanned weekend. Began sitting at computer at 1am on Friday morning thinking I miss the sea & really fancy a day at the beach, but with some "proper" Summer heat. Was also eyeing up WOTG @ Pacha (line-up looked great) but Skyscanner search he say too expensive or too far to nearest airport. Also had stuff to sort on Saturday. So ... nipped off to 24hr Tesco, as you do, came home & booked a day trip to Mallorca instead from Bristol (a mere 60 miles so way better than Manchester/London). 6am flight there, 11.55pm flight home. No chance of sleepies and an hour & a half to skidaddle. Car hire prepaid & sorted :cool:.

Threw towel, map & change of clothes in bag, and headed off. Road diversions nearly made me miss my flight but despite the tutting at the gate I (just) made it. Landed in Palma by 9.30am. 3/4 hr to pick up hire car :rolleyes: ... then off to Colonia St Jordi. Sync'd my phone with the Bluetooth audio so decent tuneage all day (new VW Golf though - the speakers are shyte for bass !). Managed to get it together to hire a RIB for 3 hrs and went motoring off up and down the coast off Es Trenc. Anchoring up here & there and swimming off the boat. Pure bliss. Salt-soaked and wind-tanned, drove on to Cala Mitjana. Gorgeous cove just North of Cala d'Or. Absolute pig to find but a lovely 25 minute hike through the pines each way. 100% relaxed after that. Up through Felanitx to Manacor before a 1/2 hr powernap in the car ... falling asleep at the wheel not good !

Decided to get closer to airport so headed through Palma (forgot how huge the Port area is !) and on to Illhetes. Shoulder of lamb falling off the bone, (one) Jarra and a coffee @ Balnearias Illetas set me back up again. Decent enough place that. Quick drive through Magaluf (it's been years !) on way back - forgot how much it reminds me of Playa de las Americas in Tenerife ... and how much I don't want to go back to either !!! Time to refill car, get lost (twice) and prepare for the Sleazyjet endurance test of a flight home. Never get the back row by the window ... it's unfeasibly tight even for my slender self !!! Passed out all the way and was home by 3am. Less than 24 hours after I left. Finished the washing up I left undone (nope - no-one bothered to do it - nothing changes :rolleyes: )and finally hit the sack.

Up late on Saturday, finished my work and then headed up to my favourite hillside - unimproved limestone grassland with 180 degree views. Could see all the way to the Malvern Hills. Towel & mini cool bag in hand, finished the day with afternoon sun, a gentle breeze surrounded by ground orchids and birdsong. Bliss. Green smoothie, sushi starter & a huge rack of lamb for dinner. Mango & raspberry frozen daiquiri for "pud" :D.

A somewhat less glamorous day at the beach today in North Somerset, dodging some guests I couldn't be bothered to socialize with :spank:. How do people manage to ruin the atmosphere by the sea so much ? You take your car onto the beach there so no excuse for leaving piles of bottles behind on the sand. Mile after mile of caravans also hard to see beyond sometimes ! Did manage a swim - tide was in and water was amazingly warm. But usual high cirrus cloud developed and took the edge off. Chance coffee stop at the edge of the National Trust land was accompanied by red arrows and some amazing planes doing stunt manouvers over the hills right overhead flying incredibly low. WTF ? but what a show ! Dealt with the M5 congestion OK on the way home (just about). But it's all a far cry from the Balearics and there's just no getting away from it ! Didn't regret one second of Friday and reminisced over some prawn kebabs and a spanish omelette with chorizo.

I do like taking time out for myself sometimes. Just being able to do what you want, go where you want and make all the decisions without having to consult anyone else or work around them and their needs / preferences. It's great :cool:.

We had Mind Against in our local.full house and amazing music. :) catch these guy if you can.:cool:
10445554_811431522203147_8235895575540766622_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back