Weekend plans

I had my night on in Liverpool on Saturday.....back in the Williamson Tunnels (small venue 300 capacity, we normally do much bigger shows now so this was change for us). Greg Wilson smashed it! Ive always been a big fan and we have had him on before in back rooms as main show support, but this was the first time he has headlined for us and he was fantastic! Loved every minute of his set!

First Elektronik Picknik of the season on a Barcelona hilltop was a good laugh. Music/sound was pretty dire (skream was on so expectations weren't especially high) the whole concept is quite similar to zoo project, that whole open air/open plan feel with loads of trees and views of the city. Bad beards and bad tattoos in abundance but nice enough (if not most musically discerning) crowd. Then after 10pm shutdown, headed to another club on Parallel called Barts Ventu. Outstanding venue. Best sunday nighter in years. classics like tiga pleasure from the bass, mandy body language + a load of really cool obscure synthy spanish vocodery stuff. Strong recommend for off-sonar crew next week

Amazing weekend out here in Moskva!

Friday I went to a charity event for kids, held in my "local" pub (it's actually 2 tube stops away but I'm there frequently), followed by the summer opening party of an outdoor bar/cafe in Gorky Park called Swan Lake. Nightmares on Wax headlined, tore the place up.

Saturday I had band practice, followed by a lovely work-related event outside the city. Later, I went on stage for my first headlining gig with my new band! :D The show appears to have gone over well. We carried on drinking until morning to celebrate. Only downside was the brand spanking new indoor smoking ban going into effect! Although that did make the venue, which usually got way too smokey, a lot easier place to be.

Sunday, the current miss M and I dragged ourselves out of bed to attend a wedding reception, then went out for a nice dinner (wedding was vegetarian... not at all satisfying from a culinary point of view!).

Totally wrecked today but very content :)

I had my night on in Liverpool on Saturday.....back in the Williamson Tunnels (small venue 300 capacity, we normally do much bigger shows now so this was change for us). Greg Wilson smashed it! Ive always been a big fan and we have had him on before in back rooms as main show support, but this was the first time he has headlined for us and he was fantastic! Loved every minute of his set!

I must get over to Liverpool for one of these! Did anyone record the set?

My weekend plan is ibiza! I have a few days off and rather than bash about in miserable cloudy London weather I booked a last minute cheap trip as I lay in bed watching Antiques Roadshow.

£120 Norwegian air and monarch. Arrive sat 10 pm fly out Tuesday 4am.

£100 Mare Nostrum for 3 nights.

£40 We Love opening.

I have spent more on a normal weekend at home minus the weather, beach and music.

Family cuddles all weekend, ahead of being at Glasto Thurs-Monday next week. Really looking forward to Glasto, really not looking forward to being away from the missus and boy.

Family cuddles all weekend, ahead of being at Glasto Thurs-Monday next week. Really looking forward to Glasto, really not looking forward to being away from the missus and boy.
Nice mate!
If you see a load of stupidly messy scousers - that will be my mates!

Back