Villalobos

enfants i love.

minimoonstar, i have listened to 100 times in the last few months and still it does nothing for me.

I first heard it, by chance, at Phonica records over a year ago and am also a big fan of his depeche mode - sinner in me (remix) which is next level genius

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XAio7VoD-e4&feature=related

I'm currently sniffing around for new music which has that minimal edge but musical/ melodic/deep too - not easy to find :confused: (although buzzin fly are pretty good)

too swamped in nu-disco of late - miss music with bite

Controversially I've never been that into him - acknowledge his talents but I'm just sooo not down with the kids any more. :oops:

Salsoul, Disco, (proper)house, jazz and even 60s psychadelia for me at the mo...suddenly after 17 years of the stuff I've found myself unable to listen to techno.

Not sure how this happened but I predict it's a temporary aversion.

enfants was THE tune of 2007 for us. so many memories with that choon.
else, his productions are up and down IMO.
and when he's playing, i prefer it a lot when he's spinning b2b with luciano.

I first heard it, by chance, at Phonica records over a year ago and am also a big fan of his depeche mode - sinner in me (remix) which is next level genius

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XAio7VoD-e4&feature=related

I'm currently sniffing around for new music which has that minimal edge but musical/ melodic/deep too - not easy to find :confused: (although buzzin fly are pretty good)

Enfants - Love it. Playing it on it's ownw will of course never do it justice as you need a backing track with some beats and a A&H mixer you can work the filter with (and a crowd ready to burst also helps ;) )

The Sinner in Me thing was a massive guilty pleasure.

Those outstanding 2 tunes which are my far-and-away faves when I'm in Villalobos mood (and in fairness most of his other stuff passes me by). The one I'll always mention as one you should also check out (not that it's an RV production) but the Smith and Hack mix of Movin' Like a Train is also a must have,

Enfants - Love it. Playing it on it's ownw will of course never do it justice as you need a backing track with some beats and a A&H mixer you can work the filter with (and a crowd ready to burst also helps ;) )

The Sinner in Me thing was a massive guilty pleasure.

Those outstanding 2 tunes which are my far-and-away faves when I'm in Villalobos mood (and in fairness most of his other stuff passes me by). The one I'll always mention as one you should also check out (not that it's an RV production) but the Smith and Hack mix of Movin' Like a Train is also a must have,

am no expert on RV - was just thinking about checking him out. Another tune of his, I sort of like is Dexter (although not the weatherall version, strangely enough)

'sinner' = guilty pleasure ??? :eek: you've got NOTHING to feel guilty about, mate! - stone cold modern classic. It's certainly not like you said the happy clappers or something :D

the herbert tune you mentioned sounds particularly great when EQ-ed to death - saw pepe bradock drop it at gramaphone (spitalfields) last year - pandemonium in the place. Got it on a dixon mix last year. Phat.

the problem with ricardo is that for many techno fans, he can do wrong.

minimoonstar mayeb heralded as some kind of masterpiece but i've tried so many times to get it, and it ain't happening.

i also think he suffers from being 2 kool 4 skool, whether he is just that way or he does it intentionally.

luciano brings out the fun in him.

With you on this...

Agree with Nostrum, RV really rocks when playing with Luciano. Also went to afterparty where he played with Sven Vath, they both kept people dancing with some great stuff (some not so good too :lol:...). For my taste, his productions veer from genius to "not too sure about this" !

I LOVE sinner in me and i have spine tingling memories of Ricardo finishing at Monza closing a couple of years ago with smith n hack's mix of moving like a train...

...but Vasco is utter rubbish IMO. nice sleeve design tho :D

Yeah i gotta say im hot and cold with Villalobos , prefer seeing him play than his productions. LOVE Sinner in me , glad i got the vinyl while it was around

Back