Villalobos

He is your standard 'too cool for school' type, people will like him if he creates a fart with a beat.

so what do you suggest we listen to, oh uncool one

guetta and the echo of his ego?

the "swedish house mafia"? lol

bassline (whatever the fck THAT is)

french indie dance for students who look like heroin addicts?

yet more rehashes of 1997-stylee 25mins snoozeathon prog from sasha and his sycophants?

tell us what's pressing the pulse in downtown Bognor these days

;)

so what do you suggest we listen to, oh uncool one

guetta and the echo of his ego?

the "swedish house mafia"? lol

bassline (whatever the fck THAT is)

french indie dance for students who look like heroin addicts?

yet more rehashes of 1997-stylee 25mins snoozeathon prog from sasha and his sycophants?

tell us what's pressing the pulse in downtown Bognor these days

;)

Because that is exactly what I listen to, all of the above, constantly. I don't really have favourite genres or artists in particular. I recieved all my music second hand from friends more knowledgeable than myself and I can't be bothered to find out good stuff for myself. For reference, this weekend I will be mostly listening to http://www.myspace.com/stephenguy.

anyone else?

yeah me!! id rather stick battery acid into my eardrums than listen to villalobozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :spank: crap!!!

boring, boring, boring, boring.......
honestly, i just dont get it,.,.,,,, & I DONT WANNA GET IT!!!

that is all....>>>>>>>>>:lol:

yeah me!! id rather stick battery acid into my eardrums than listen to villalobozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :spank: crap!!!

sigh.jpg

Just had a listen to see what your all talking about and I thought it sounded like a pile of pants t be honest, it got better towards to end and it wasn't torture to my ears but the sound of the kids singing was naff, has he done anything else I can listen to?

Controversially I've never been that into him - acknowledge his talents but I'm just sooo not down with the kids any more. :oops:

Salsoul, Disco, (proper)house, jazz and even 60s psychadelia for me at the mo...suddenly after 17 years of the stuff I've found myself unable to listen to techno.

Not sure how this happened but I predict it's a temporary aversion.

check out Greg Wilson's essential mix this week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/essentialmix/

best emix for YEARS

Just had a listen to see what your all talking about and I thought it sounded like a pile of pants t be honest, it got better towards to end and it wasn't torture to my ears but the sound of the kids singing was naff, has he done anything else I can listen to?

have a look at the 'baila sin petit' at dc10 videos.

:eek:8):D Tracklist looks impressive, on the download now...

:confused:

Quite disappointed as it goes.

It's ok, though he's clearly not read the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" notion of the other thread. :lol:

For every Todd Terje edit of Chic, theres the Missy Elliot acapella over Just An Illusion :oops::confused:

that's a shame, I really liked it - I've heard a few of those edits over the last few years (well since I first saw him in the chandelier room at The Key in 2005 when DJ Pierre somehow managed to clear the main room!) and they caused chaos at the big chill fat tuesdays area (and bestival from what I heard) I like the fact he plays generally non-cheesy disco/funk that can appeal to a druggy dancefloor and that can be mixed up with a housier set.

I suppose it offered a big contrast to most e-mixes which mostly do nothing for me anymore. The days when I'd be up to 2am cassette poised to record the e-mix are loooong gone. The competition has killed radio 1. Who needs it when you've got 24h streams and infinite downloads elsewhere. Radio 1's days are numbered...

the last emixes I really enjoyed were prins thomas in 2007 and ben watt in 2005 I think it was - but generally rare I bother these days

Spot on. Doesn't really help that every bandwagon jumper keeps banging on about his music either :lol: I'm not saying everyone who likes him only likes him cos he's trendy, but you know the type...

Spot on. Doesn't really help that every bandwagon jumper keeps banging on about his music either :lol: I'm not saying everyone who likes him only likes him cos he's trendy, but you know the type...

you're not the first person on this forum to have a chip on shoulder about so-called 'trendy bandwagon jumpers'. Why not just suggest music those people should be listening to instead?

for sure, there's a few sheep (as in any scene), but the fundamental point of cutting edge music is that is offering something different and something new and that if you are bored of sasha or generic chart dance bollox or bald techno, then the whole german-south american thing is offering something fresh. I don't like all of it and think quite a few chancers have attached themselves to the scene but I do respect the likes of Anja Schneider and the Romanians for getting off their arses and moving things forward

you're not the first person on this forum to have a chip on shoulder about so-called 'trendy bandwagon jumpers'. Why not just suggest music those people should be listening to instead?

scouse house:idea:;)
for sure, there's a few sheep (as in any scene), but the fundamental point of cutting edge music is that is offering something different and something new and that if you are bored of sasha or generic chart dance bollox or bald techno, then the whole german-south american thing is offering something fresh. I don't like all of it and think quite a few chancers have attached themselves to the scene but I do respect the likes of Anja Schneider and the Romanians for getting off their arses and moving things forward

sasha and villalobos play a lot of the same music these days. the romanians have basically tried to copy ricardo in everything they do......and more importantly, the way they do it, no press, limited releases, etc. ricardo is the innovator.

the ones with balls now aren't people like the romanians who are trying to be the 2nd wave of ricardoism, it is people like nick curly who are putting two fingers up at the bleeps and electronica and bringing back the house.

scouse house:idea:;)

the ones with balls now aren't people like the romanians who are trying to be the 2nd wave of ricardoism, it is people like nick curly who are putting two fingers up at the bleeps and electronica and bringing back the house.

I disagree. it's far EASIER to go back to house when there's a minimal backlash going on. it sounds fresh and happier against all the harsh germanic techno but its also safe, tried and tested. far more balls IMO to stick with your genre and develop your own style instead of playing to the crowd. Luciano's housier sound last season didn't do it for me - but i'm sure other people enjoyed it. Maybe I'm showing my age, but i've been there, heard that, and i'd rather listen to a fresher, new sound than go back to cheesy vocal house.

I disagree. it's far EASIER to go back to house when there's a minimal backlash going on. it sounds fresh and happier against all the harsh germanic techno but its also safe, tried and tested. far more balls IMO to stick with your genre and develop your own style instead of playing to the crowd. Luciano's housier sound last season didn't do it for me - but i'm sure other people enjoyed it. Maybe I'm showing my age, but i've been there, heard that, and i'd rather listen to a fresher, new sound than go back to cheesy vocal house.

kind of agree, but it's not just as simple as filling your record box with 90s house music. anyway, my point was about people from mannheim making music that was true house music but still unique and original in its own way........not just sticking with a genre but creating a new one.....like diynamic.

the minimal backlash is well documented but it is overstated and hides the ongoing strength of that sound, on that basis, playing house music is hardly playing to the crowd.

Back