Villalobos

you're not the first person on this forum to have a chip on shoulder about so-called 'trendy bandwagon jumpers'.

Oooh touchy :lol: Perhaps you should place your words a bit more carefully. Finding the '2 kool 4 skool' following slightly amusing is quite far from 'having a chip on your shoulder'. I don't think most people care that much really!

I can appreciate Ricardo's talent though and he's a lovely fella to boot

have a look at the 'baila sin petit' at dc10 videos.
Hmmm not too fussed on that track either, the words annoy me like the sound of the kids in the other one, I don't dislike it, I've been watching a few villalobos vids on youtube so I now know who he is and would go and see him play.

for sure, there's a few sheep (as in any scene), but the fundamental point of cutting edge music is that is offering something different and something new and that if you are bored of sasha or generic chart dance bollox or bald techno, then the whole german-south american thing is offering something fresh.

there is nothing remotely "fresh" about hearing the same bleeps looped for 24bars only to be added to another annoying bleep (THAT GOES NOWHERE!!!:evil:) for the next 24bars & so on & so on... .... i have had MAJOR problems with minimal from day1! the music has NO SOUL & its very VERY simple production wise.... i understand you're whole "trying something new" schpeel but minimal has destroyed the vibe of the party.,.,.... its smack music..... its ****e, boring & unhappy music.... & all those "cool :rolleyes: producers" need to get OFF the decks & try to DANCE to their frikkin minimalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz crap..... :spank:

Last edited by a moderator:
there is nothing remotely "fresh" about hearing the same bleeps looped for 24bars only to be added to another annoying bleep (THAT GOES NOWHERE!!!:evil:) for the next 24bars & so on & so on... .... i have had MAJOR problems with minimal from day1! the music has NO SOUL & its very VERY simple production wise.... i understand you're whole "trying something new" schpeel but minimal has destroyed the vibe of the party.,.,.... its smack music..... its ****e, boring & unhappy music.... & all those "cool :rolleyes: producers" need to get OFF the decks & try to DANCE to their frikkin minimalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz crap..... :spank:

what's your point caller?

Cocoon - Amnesia Terrace - 'Ricardo Villalobos - Primer Encuentro Latino-Americano'

experienced this? ... :eek:

:lol:

bring back the funk! 8)

Danzel_Tylko_Polsce_898482.jpg

yeah me!! id rather stick battery acid into my eardrums than listen to villalobozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :spank: crap!!!

boring, boring, boring, boring.......
honestly, i just dont get it,.,.,,,, & I DONT WANNA GET IT!!!

that is all....>>>>>>>>>:lol:

was curious and contemplating a listen, but now.....:lol::lol:

:rolleyes: sorry, but that comment sounds rather condescending......

can you please explain:
what there is "to get" about minimal????? :?::?::?:

you either like it or you don't. it's clear you don't.... but why the agro? ok, it's not your cup of tea, but why slag it off so spectacularly? :?: if you don't like it, just go to clubs that play your kind of music... there's plenty to go round.

going back to what Grego said - music has moved on, we're entering the post-minimal era now. I mentioned Villalobos as someone who recognises that (which is partly why I started the thread)

best tune out there right now is this:

DJ Mehdi - pocket piano (joakim remix)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrHZHP1AwE

which sounds totally fresh to my ears - killer piano, almost a retro-nod to the Italian screamups of the past but somehow more edgy with a hint of acidic menace half way through

Back