Villalobos

I disagree. it's far EASIER to go back to house when there's a minimal backlash going on. it sounds fresh and happier against all the harsh germanic techno but its also safe, tried and tested. far more balls IMO to stick with your genre and develop your own style instead of playing to the crowd. Luciano's housier sound last season didn't do it for me - but i'm sure other people enjoyed it. Maybe I'm showing my age, but i've been there, heard that, and i'd rather listen to a fresher, new sound than go back to cheesy vocal house.

Agreed

going back to what Grego said - music has moved on, we're entering the post-minimal era now. I mentioned Villalobos as someone who recognises that (which is partly why I started the thread)

best tune out there right now is this:

DJ Mehdi - pocket piano (joakim remix)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrHZHP1AwE

which sounds totally fresh to my ears - killer piano, almost a retro-nod to the Italian screamups of the past but somehow more edgy with a hint of acidic menace half way through

thats more like it....good tune man...I'll give you that one!!!

:rolleyes: sorry, but that comment sounds rather condescending......

can you please explain:
what there is "to get" about minimal????? :?::?::?:

' its a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing' 8)

granted there isnt a heap of things that make minimal music, hence the name - but what it does consist of given the right enviroment is magic! (imo) ... its sooo hard to explain to someone who doesnt feel it. plus there are soooo many different avenues minimal music can go down which vary from producer to producer....

im not sure of your choice in music but im sure thier is at least 1 minimal producer who you feel but havent heard it yet ... obviously not villalobos ;) :D

(I mean NOBODY still listens to Dave Seamon in this day and age)

And why would that be? Because he's made his career by following his own musical instincts rather than what's the trendiest thing at each moment? :rolleyes:

Seaman made a Renaissance Master’s Series compilation in 2008 and keeps touring the world constantly so it does seem there are a few people who listen to him.

it was an in-joke aimed at discoplayer

never mind :rolleyes:

Maybe a public message board isn't the best place for in-jokes if you aren't ready to discuss them in public.... there's a handy function called private message ;)

Going back to an earlier post , Greg Wilson is playing at Sosho's , London on the 7th i think for Circuit launch party

**** ... we´re all getting older :eek:

... and life is ****ing short anyway :confused:

16bc3v7.jpg

Back