Tulum

South America is great for parties. Even in unlikely places - there's a certain labyrinth of a wacky steakhouse on the outskirts of Bogota I wound up in a couple of times which broadcasts a local DJ on small screens around the joint. People were up on tables (and the bar and all around) dancing everywhere, lots of peeps in weird fancy dress weaving in and out and no self-conscious posing anywhere. It was a brilliant atmosphere, Colombians know how to party !
Love to hear it. Absolutely this mate 👌

Talk to a friend today that live in Tulum …
They are party everywhere everyday at the moment (club , hotel , restaurant , roof top beach bar , jungle , cenote ect ect )
I asked about price …it’s easily the double compare to Ibiza ( taking about normal entrance ) drink are also more expensive !
So yeah , for someone going there from Europe looking to party non stop you need to have heavy pocket 😬 not taking about the fly ticket that is also 5 to 10 times more expensive than for Ibiza …

Would rather go to south east Asia , spend way less , visit many island , go trekking , cross a bit of land by moto , have some nice cheap party and eat amazing food 😅

Talk to a friend today that live in Tulum …
They are party everywhere everyday at the moment (club , hotel , restaurant , roof top beach bar , jungle , cenote ect ect )
I asked about price …it’s easily the double compare to Ibiza ( taking about normal entrance ) drink are also more expensive !
So yeah , for someone going there from Europe looking to party non stop you need to have heavy pocket 😬 not taking about the fly ticket that is also 5 to 10 times more expensive than for Ibiza …

Would rather go to south east Asia , spend way less , visit many island , go trekking , cross a bit of land by moto , have some nice cheap party and eat amazing food 😅
Also it's difficult to travel to South East Asia at the minute. We have changed from Thailand to Mexico for our trip next month. I'm not travelling for the parties though this time

Also it's difficult to travel to South East Asia at the minute. We have changed from Thailand to Mexico for our trip next month. I'm not travelling for the parties though
Also it's difficult to travel to South East Asia at the minute. We have changed from Thailand to Mexico for our trip next month. I'm not travelling for the parties though this time
Well at the moment it seem that it depend where are you from 😞
2 weeks ago , from Brussels to London ( being vaccinated) 2 pcr on the way in / 2 on the way out !!! A train of 2 hours that used to be so easy … BREXIT 🥳!
Going to Barcelona on the other hand it’s a walk in the park! ( well going to other country in Europe in general)
Why is it more difficult to go to Thailand at the moment than Mexico?

Well at the moment it seem that it depend where are you from 😞
2 weeks ago , from Brussels to London ( being vaccinated) 2 pcr on the way in / 2 on the way out !!! A train of 2 hours that used to be so easy … BREXIT 🥳!
Going to Barcelona on the other hand it’s a walk in the park! ( well going to other country in Europe in general)
Why is it more difficult to go to Thailand at the moment than Mexico?
They closed the Test & Go which was test on arrival 24hr quarentine/until negative result comes in. With that you had to be picked from the airport by approved transport, approved hotel & test then wait in room.

Now it's 7 day sandbox scheme, Phuket was only available recently but stay on the island, free to go about but had to return to hotel at night with a test on arrival and day 6/7 - then free to travel Thailand. $50k covid insurance mandatory (nothing against that).

As a tourist a positive meant 10 days in hospital, which according to tripadvisor were hard to get because they wanted $ upfront or days for insurance to sort. Close contacts (for me wife/3 Yr old) have to do 14 days in hospitel, hotel with medical accreditation. I have recently recovered from covid and have the NHS certificate - thought this wouild make it easier but the chance of PCR posi2 within x days are high. Again people on tripadvisor have had problems with the Thai authorities/medical accepting proof of recovery = hospital quarentine. So this could happen on arrival/day 7 and some hotels required test to stay.

Apologies for the long reply 😊👍

They closed the Test & Go which was test on arrival 24hr quarentine/until negative result comes in. With that you had to be picked from the airport by approved transport, approved hotel & test then wait in room.

Now it's 7 day sandbox scheme, Phuket was only available recently but stay on the island, free to go about but had to return to hotel at night with a test on arrival and day 6/7 - then free to travel Thailand. $50k covid insurance mandatory (nothing against that).

As a tourist a positive meant 10 days in hospital, which according to tripadvisor were hard to get because they wanted $ upfront or days for insurance to sort. Close contacts (for me wife/3 Yr old) have to do 14 days in hospitel, hotel with medical accreditation. I have recently recovered from covid and have the NHS certificate - thought this wouild make it easier but the chance of PCR posi2 within x days are high. Again people on tripadvisor have had problems with the Thai authorities/medical accepting proof of recovery = hospital quarentine. So this could happen on arrival/day 7 and some hotels required test to stay.

I think the summary here is f*ck that

South America is great for parties. Even in unlikely places - there's a certain labyrinth of a wacky steakhouse on the outskirts of Bogota I wound up in a couple of times which broadcasts a local DJ on small screens around the joint. People were up on tables (and the bar and all around) dancing everywhere, lots of peeps in weird fancy dress weaving in and out and no self-conscious posing anywhere. It was a brilliant atmosphere, Colombians know how to party !
I went to that but the sister one in downtown Bogota!

I went to that but the sister one in downtown Bogota!

They opened up places in Medellin and Cartagena recently too I see ? ... there was only the one place in Chia back then when I got taken. Everything popular starts branching out eventually I guess - just look at Elrow lol ! Was it commercialized / contrived in DC ?

They opened up places in Medellin and Cartagena recently too I see ? ... there was only the one place in Chia back then when I got taken. Everything popular starts branching out eventually I guess - just look at Elrow lol ! Was it commercialized / contrived in DC ?

it was like a big party place... fun though i didn't find it too crazy... i think the one of the outskirts of town you went to is a bit more of a party?

I was there from 1/10-1/11 for renaissance for digweed and Sven vath as well as for day zero for Michael bibi and Martinez brothers. Originally went there for departure festival in playa which got canceled last minute! I would say tulum is worth it for the first time experience, nothing off the top of my mind like that in North America. Just be prepared to spend a shit ton of $$$$.

Biggest gripe would have to be the Covid tests which ran around $40 usd. For renaissance I went to one of their locations they shared on their ig post to go take a Covid test. Showed up to the venue and security is saying only Covid tests done on the site were valid and accepted. Those done on the site were given a green wristband, I had a yellow one from the other location. Thankfully some poor Mexican girl couldn’t give a shit and I was allowed in, otherwise I had to either take another Covid test/bribe to get in!

The Covid tests are an absolute joke. For $40 they barely tickle your nose and you get your results in 5 minutes! 😂

Guess we know where the money to pay off the cartel/government is coming from.

Well 😅 I understand very well why you choose to go to Mexico instead 😛 I would have do exactly the same 😂

i think the one of the outskirts of town you went to is a bit more of a party?

Was full of people of all ages including families - started out pretty tame but later on it got very lively indeed. We went for a steak dinner and wound up staying for ages. The place was pretty sprawling and you could use the bars once you gave your table up

Was full of people of all ages including families - started out pretty tame but later on it got very lively indeed. We went for a steak dinner and wound up staying for ages. The place was pretty sprawling and you could use the bars once you gave your table up
sounds pretty similar to the one downtown. cool we went to the same place basically in Bogota :)

Bali is overrated. It doesn't help getting crushed by a wave onto a reef, afterwhich a sizeable chunk of the reef needs to be surgically removed from your foot in hospital.

I'll go back one day. But beach breaks only from now on.

Bali is overrated. It doesn't help getting crushed by a wave onto a reef, afterwhich a sizeable chunk of the reef needs to be surgically removed from your foot in hospital.

I'll go back one day. But beach breaks only from now on.

Most beaches are not world class . Formentera is much nicer , parts of Ibiza , too. Only Nusa Dua and some other spots are good. Nusa Dua has a reef in front , so it like the Med. The problem is the current at some places. Kuta is very dangerous. Sometimes the waves are very high. Saw 4 meters there . Good for surfin , bad for normal swimmers. But Bali has a lot of advantages : The people are very nice , Ubud is wonderful . There is a lot to see.

Back