Tulum

But I’m glad that Costa Rica and Playa del Carmen is giving Tulum some competition. Much needed.
Well , it basically started in Cancun long time ago ( but not the music we love ) and then went done to playa del Carmen with a more music educated crowd, and the after were taking place in Tulum where they were almost no construction down there, Tulum was more a day trip travel that the big hotel sold it to they customers for people staying in playa ( during that time tulum was still really a kind of hippie village , but now they are both at the same level … it’s only a 45 km drive between both … just a bit longer than playa d’en bossa , st Antonio 🙂

Never got the appeal of tulum for the parties. Looks like every party is very sterile and is tailored for the instagram crowd. The prices alone attract that crowd. Looks like the same crowd that populate the bonecca parties in london.
Sorry, but for outside partying, whether it’s in Tulum or PDC, they are some of the best parties in the world every year. Better than anything I’ve experienced elsewhere, including Ibiza. Not many places you can party on a beach or jungle until the sun comes up, with an endless supply of coke.

As for Instagram, that’s partying in 2022. Nothing new there. Although in Mexico, less people are usually on their phones because service sucks in the jungle.

Mexicos covid number yesterday, Jan 11: 44 678 new infections, highest number in pandemic so far. And for weeks now experts have warned about exactly this omicron wave in January. To go partying there now is completely beyond me. I don't feel for anyone being so naive to have booked that for lots of money and having expected anything different.
People book months in advance though. Definitely not their fault if things got cancelled.

the types of people who go to these things - and yes I'm sure that includes some of you - would have watched the Fyre doc and chortled like everybody else at the sheer Spinal Tap nonsense of it all, all those exclusive VIP wrist passes and bikinis in paradise, and then without any irony whatsoever booked tix themselves to similar exotic locales a few weeks later. then the pandemic more seriously came along and exposed just how completely amoral the organi$ers are, creating a toxic industry where rich kid tourists are financing charlatans, attracting gangsters and infecting locals. And all for what, just to get a selfie under a palm tree? it's all fraudulent bullshit and it's time people stood up and said so.
And Ibiza should go back to farms and Brooklyn should go back to warehouses and cheap housing 🥱

Sorry, but for outside partying, whether it’s in Tulum or PDC, they are some of the best parties in the world every year. Better than anything I’ve experienced elsewhere, including Ibiza. Not many places you can party on a beach or jungle until the sun comes up, with an endless supply of coke.

As for Instagram, that’s partying in 2022. Nothing new there. Although in Mexico, less people are usually on their phones because service sucks in the jungle.
they simply do not have the best parties in the world wtf are you on about. Dancing to a pedestrian tale of us around people posing for pics and drinking champagne doesnt sound great to me.These are the people that have ruined burning man. Coke at a tech party? No thanks. The

And btw in the jungle? Most of the people attending wouldnt spend a night camping at the lake distract let alone the so called jungle ffs. Its 5 star service, not a wild jungle. Get a grip

The later would absolutely ruin the former as far as I can see
Coke ruins after hours? Wait what?

they simply do not have the best parties in the world wtf are you on about. Dancing to a pedestrian tale of us around people posing for pics and drinking champagne doesnt sound great to me.These are the people that have ruined burning man. Coke at a tech party? No thanks. The

And btw in the jungle? Most of the people attending wouldnt spend a night camping at the lake distract let alone the so called jungle ffs. Its 5 star service, not a wild jungle. Get a grip
Which Tulum and PDC parties have you been to in the past? There is a reason everyone and their mother wants to go to these parties, and it’s not because they suck.

Which beach or outdoor parties are better in your opinion? Would love to check them out.

Btw the parties are literally in the jungle with port o potties, no idea how else to describe them.

Actually, it's pretty easy to avoid that shite in IBZ if you so choose. During my last visit I didn't come across a single instagrammer

Did you leave your hotel or nah?

But just as easy to find whatever scene you want in Mexico as well. You seem to know a lot about Mexico without ever being there.

as far as a scene goes now I would look at Tulum as being at a similar level to Ibiza tbh. different settings but both littered with polished brands / artists & a v.i.p culture far from what 'underground' music is meant to be

we will probably look to sus a party out in Tulum over April but only to break our holiday up as we are in P.d.carmen for 10 nights, if you were purely after a raw party in a jungle south america would be your option where things are popping off properly

Actually, it's pretty easy to avoid that shite in IBZ if you so choose. During my last visit I didn't come across a single instagrammer

Its not only a question of the place , its also a question of the time : Out of the season the island is different. I mean Mai , start of june and September. Clubbing possible , but much more relaxed.

With the greatest respect, could you kindly and gently please fck off?

People like you are the enemy, destroying everything we hold dear.

I will now exit this thread before I lose my temper.
You have no idea about me or really what you’re talking about, and it shows. Good idea leaving this thread, not sure why you entered in the first place other than complaining about a place you’ve never been.

Anyway, back to what this thread is actually about. The parties looked great. There’s a lot more than Afterlife and Day Zero. A lot of smaller beach parties too. Also, no reason to compare to Ibiza really. They both are similar and have their pros and cons, but they occur in different seasons so why not do both??

Last edited:
if you were purely after a raw party in a jungle south america would be your option where things are popping off properly

South America is great for parties. Even in unlikely places - there's a certain labyrinth of a wacky steakhouse on the outskirts of Bogota I wound up in a couple of times which broadcasts a local DJ on small screens around the joint. People were up on tables (and the bar and all around) dancing everywhere, lots of peeps in weird fancy dress weaving in and out and no self-conscious posing anywhere. It was a brilliant atmosphere, Colombians know how to party !

Back