Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

I've yet to see one of these rats get a good kicking after being caught by someone.
Surely people catch them in the act. It's organised alright so security shouldn't have too much trouble identifying them.

I found a bank card on the floor in Amnesia. I handed over to the bar staff. Honestly can't believe people take cards out while in places like this. Just take cash!

I found a bank card on the floor in Amnesia. I handed over to the bar staff. Honestly can't believe people take cards out while in places like this. Just take cash!
I never take my wallet but I do take Cash and one credit card just in case, both in separate pockets

Walked a few times from Figuretas to Bora Bora and back (on the promenade and beach) in small hours.
Did it this year, last and two years ago. It can be dark in some places. I have not been robed or mugged but I am grown up man so maybe they left me alone.
But on one occasion I have seen German girls going skinny dipping and within 15 seconds 2 or 3 men came from nowhere and started sneaking towards clothes the girls left unattended. I shouted to girls to come back to look after their belongings and immediately the men were gone. I think they are Romanian ( I am not racist but me been half Easter European I recognise Romanians).
Also on other occasion I swear someone tried to grab my phone when I walked in dark looking into my phone. He suddenly was in front of me with his hand going towards my phone but I spotted him and he just carried on walking.
Just be careful there and you will be OK. Do not go there if you are really drunk or stoned.

Last edited:
There's a lot of groups in around den bossa at this and they're not hard to spot. They're actually Roma gypsies so often confused with Romanians. There is a difference. Some people get them confused with morrocans to.
It's nothing to do with race or anything like it. We have these in Ireland too and it's pretty much a cultural thing, they're pretty much thought to rob from very young.
Generally pick pocketing and shop lifting and not usually into violent crime like mugging.

Jesus its getting worse and worse.

I am from Amsterdam. Work in the centre also at night so i know my way around this f***ers. No eye contact, no touching and no hello ;) Got people every week that have been pickt or worse.

The police is on top of it here. Unlike on Ibiza.

Doing Closing Cocoon again this year. My 15th visit to the Island ;)

Now i keep on reading and people i know on the Island tell me to avoid Amnesia. Security seems to be in the scam of robbing you. They dont care about police because they are inn it too. Once you enter the club there are no rules anymore only theirs. If they target you, you are f***ed. Is this true ? People here know more about this ? Management is renewd right ? Maybe thats the problem.

I love Amnesia. Been there 10 times or more but if this is true i will not risk it. I skip Amnesia and just go to the after. Never had trouble, as normal guest or VIP but i keep on hearing very negative shit about Amnesia.

To be honest, I don't think it's just Amnesia, it's the whole island. Sankeys and Ushuaia are just as bad. I went to Cream @ Amnesia about 3 weeks ago and it seemed ok but I was very cautious after having my iPhone took 4 days before in San Antonio. Just don't take any bank cards with you or your phone. Zip pockets are a good idea even though it's not very fashionable!

This may sound simple but when I go out partying I try to wear pants/shorts that have a button on the back pocket. That way there is at least a slight barrier between your wallet and someone trying to grab it. Sounds simple but that way you at least get an extra second to realize someone is touching your pocket plus it stops your stuff from falling out on their own.

Never been robbed in Ibiza on either of previous strip, even when I was pretty intoxicated. Trying to keep it that way this season.

To be honest, I don't think it's just Amnesia, it's the whole island. Sankeys and Ushuaia are just as bad. I went to Cream @ Amnesia about 3 weeks ago and it seemed ok but I was very cautious after having my iPhone took 4 days before in San Antonio. Just don't take any bank cards with you or your phone. Zip pockets are a good idea even though it's not very fashionable!

Sad very sad. The Island is going down the drain like this. Police has to do something but the corruption is everywere in Spain.

This is my 16th year in a row i go to Ibiza. So sad to say that maybe it will be my last :(

Space gone :( Jesus tears in my eyes when i left the closing last year :( So many good memories in that club.
Vibe is dying with this EDM shithole clubs and robbers on every corner. Clubs more and more packed. Drinks went up again. Prices are really insane.

Ibiza stood for love peace and happiness. All Ibiza once was is almost gone :(

For blokes, cargo shorts are probably the best to wear in the clubs, keep your phone/wallet buttoned up on the leg pockets, and keep the normal pockets empty, never had a problem doing this.

If you are that worried about getting pick pocketed, get one of those money belts, once your tshirt is over the top you never know it is there.

p.s I'm still thinking about skinny dipping German girls

Money belt, inside your boxer shorts is the best way. keep a load of loose change in your pocket, if they grab that you've got one over on the f******! Also a few notes/bank card under your foot in your shoe is a good last resort.

had a burd of african nature in my back pocket in pacha during solumum, only had bank card there, quickly shifted to front pocket...i'am thinking she fancied me and was feeling me up and i'm sticking to that.

Back