The Warehouse Project 2012

The 20th is the one stand out night for trance heads. ...

Tell me about it... I live in Manchester and this clashes with my mates 30th that she's been planning for over a year. It will be a party and a half though.

Some of my mates went last week for Locodice and were shocked and delighted at how organised they seemed to have the place now which is good news.

I wasn't impressed with either Armin or PVD when they played after one another at the final Gods at Air event. Hopefully they'll be better for this.
I'll be sticking to the second room anyway.

Ben Gold, Max Graham, Jerome Ismae & Craig Connelly on the Garuda night, some very decent additions.

Good to hear the positive reports about the venue. Should be an interesting evening on the 20th. Crowd will be buzzing for Armin I'm sure.

We were down for Hawtin and co on Friday.

The new venue is good. The main room is massive, like smaller version of room one at Timewarp for anyone who's been. Room two is long, with a lower ceiling and steel pillars all the way down. Gives it a real "warehouse" feel. Sound in both rooms was good, in the main room you lose a bit of punch from the bass if you're stadning down the sides, but you more or less always get that with venues of this size. Visuals in both also good. The main room being especially impressive. We never ventured into Room 3 so can't comment.

We were in the venue early at 9:15 to cath Matador and all door staff were fiendly enough. There were a couple of sniffer dogs kicking about and the usual "empty your pockets" search but nothing too intrusive.

Other plusses: bigger/real toilets rather than the portaloos that were in Store Street. More bars making it easier to get a drink.

Negatives: they don't give you the lid when you buy a bottle of water. Possibly a small issue but really done my nut in, I like to keep a bottle in my pocket so I don't have to run back and forth to the bar and miss the set I'm listening to.

A bit too busy. It was sold out and was to be expected, but I don't remember it being as rammed in the main room over the previous years.

Overall, a positive move from Store Street.

I wasn't impressed with either Armin or PVD when they played after one another at the final Gods at Air event. Hopefully they'll be better for this.
I'll be sticking to the second room anyway.

So many people I spoke to that night said the same thing. Including me. JoC vs Fila absolutely destroyed it for me. Main room was where it was at. OTR know how to put a party on.

We were down for Hawtin and co on Friday.

Negatives: they don't give you the lid when you buy a bottle of water. Possibly a small issue but really done my nut in, I like to keep a bottle in my pocket so I don't have to run back and forth to the bar and miss the set I'm listening to.

Always used to take a bottle top to Store Street so will do the same at the new venue

Opening Night & Carl Cox

Hey,

I was lucky enough to be there for the opening night and the Cox night (last friday). I loved Store Street but for me the new venue is a step up, i think my only gripe was that the toilets are accessed off the main thoroughfare making it a little cramped at times and they also try to impose a one way system which doesnt really work (more so late on when people cant see 8) )

As described the main room is immense, room two is long and low, gives it a real warehouse feel, room 3 (ventrued in here for some Soul Clap action - sweet btw) is behind plastic sheets, the sort you see at old supermarkets in at the chiller!! Sound is great in all rooms.

Opening night didnt really do it for me tbh, spent half the night walking from room to room to see different dj's. Scuba was amazing however. Probably give that night a 5/10 and was worried me and new venue were not going to get on. However having gone into the main room just as Dice started his set that thought soon dissappeared. OMG he was amazing - never seen a crowd so pumped so early!! By the time he finished and Hawtin started the crowd was knackered!! A lot were clearly having a breather and chilling a bit, good job too because Cox smashed it. What a set. One guy and his g/f walked past me and pretty much summed the night up with one sentence...

''relentless'' - really was tune after tune after tune...

Id recommend this venue to anyone, well worth the taxi out of town and there are free buses running from 4 back into town. Only negative (apart from toilets) is the amount of blokes removing their tee...eugh...why o why o why!!!??? :spank:

There again for Papa Sven, 25 years of LG and NYD 8):)8)

CANT WAIT!

Going from bad to worse for me on the WHP front. Was meant to go last night but a works night got in the way. Next week for Armin is now sold out although there's a band I desperately want to see at Sound Control the same evening which is some consolation. It'll be very last minute if I do manage to make any this year now.

Going from bad to worse for me on the WHP front. Was meant to go last night but a works night got in the way. Next week for Armin is now sold out although there's a band I desperately want to see at Sound Control the same evening which is some consolation. It'll be very last minute if I do manage to make any this year now.
Not sure how close to Manchester you live raptorjones but there were ticket touts out in force for the carl cox night, they appproached our bus as soon it pulled up and were only charging £40-which i thought was reasonable. Might be worth dropping by if you live that way

went for the opening on saturday 29th sept after getting tickets back in july... im a trance fan but lately sort of switched a bit to tech house and house as the last few trance nights havent done it for me especially gods 'last dance' back in may when van dyk and buuren were poor although ocallaghan and fila inside were brilliant. didnt enjoy above and beyond at amnesia and jules and co at judgement but that was saved by it being in ibiza.. thought id go to this to try it out before i decided on going for the trance night oct 20th.

the venue itself is well better than store street... room 1 is massive and very easy to get a drink.. the lasers and sound system are belters.. room 2 as many people have already said is long with posts all the way through it. the beauty of this room is the speakers are hung all the way through it like at a festival and it gives it that festival feeling... its no louder at the front so you can stand anywhere..

room 3 is on the corridor that seperates room 1 & 2.. its small with a bar and your right next to the dj... it has that old school feeling to it, brick walls and proper sweaty.. loved it!!!

the music was ok but i knew that trance or prog house will blow the roof of in there so as soon as i got home i bought my tickets for oct 20th... cant wait!! :D

this to me at the moment is the only place in this country that can rival anything ibiza has.. even the security were sound, very friendly and no search. dont wear good shoes..... if your contemplating going here go, you wont be dissapointed......:p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! More amazing reports about the venue. This night next weekend looks like it could well be off the chain.

Looking forward to spending most of the afternoon in Manchester city centre before heading over to WHP. How many people here are going?

Phil if your doing a bit of shopping and having a good meal before the fun begins try australasia, its in spinningfields, very nice place for food and drinks then get a cab from there.. dont wear your best pants either cos the bottom of them gets caked in crap as well as your shoes...:D

Phil if your doing a bit of shopping and having a good meal before the fun begins try australasia, its in spinningfields, very nice place for food and drinks then get a cab from there.. dont wear your best pants either cos the bottom of them gets caked in crap as well as your shoes...:D

We'll definitely be looking for a place to eat before things kick off so thanks for the tip off. My cousin lives in Manchester and he's hopefully going to give us a tour around some of his favourite pubs. Should be good.

Went last night and it was incredible, when it finished at 4 I was gutted and could easily have raved for another 4-5 hours! Only problem I had was getting lost after going the toilet and walking round in circles for 20 minutes, that was probably more to do with the drugs than the layout of the venue though!

I'll be there on Saturday.

Almost Famous is probably may favourite place to grab some awesome food before going.
I'm out and about down Deansgate then NQ for a bit no doubt, depending on set times.

I went on Friday for Bugged Out. The only criticism that I have is the heat in room two, I found myself not wanting to stay in there for more than 15 minutes at a time.

ME and my girlfriend are going Saturday. Staying in the Trafford Hall hotel which isnt too far from WHP . Is there any pre partys going on anywhere before it? Any decent bars etc? . Not very good with manchester

Back