The Warehouse Project 2012

I'm going to WHP for the first time on the 20th actually. Wouldn't mind getting the lowdown on what it's like as a venue.

Mate got back to me with the following lowdown from his trip down on Saturday night :

'The new venue is good. The first room is huge and the light set up is something else! The other two rooms are good but for there isn't any ventilation so the heat is stifling.needless to say we didn't spend much time in those rooms. Security was ok. 2 or 3 sniffer dogs and everyone gets pockets emptied and a pat down.

Mate got back to me with the following lowdown from his trip down on Saturday night :

'The new venue is good. The first room is huge and the light set up is something else! The other two rooms are good but for there isn't any ventilation so the heat is stifling.needless to say we didn't spend much time in those rooms. Security was ok. 2 or 3 sniffer dogs and everyone gets pockets emptied and a pat down.

Explosives? Clubs are getting dangerous:(

Saturday 20th October for me, and 10th November take my fancy

SATURDAY 20TH OCTOBER
ROOM 1:
ARMIN VAN BUUREN / PAUL VAN DYK / W&W
ROOM 2:
MARKUS SCHULZ / ARTY / NO ID / MATT EVERSON
ROOM 3:
PETE MOBY / JAMES RIGBY / MORE TBA

SATURDAY 10TH NOVEMBER
LAIDBACK LUKE / EDDIE HALLIWELL / STEVE AOKI / SANDRO SILVA
ROOM 2: GARUDA
GARETH EMERY
PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS TBA
ROOM 3: TBA

Having to drop both of these now, which I'm gutted about.

Yeah, I know and gutted I'm missing it, but I just don't have the money for it sadly.

Having to drop both of these now, which I'm gutted about.

Gutted for you, mate.

The more the 20th approaches the more I'm getting absolutely psyched for it. Some of my London lot are coming up to visit me (for some of them their first time up north) - so I can see everyone being buzzing for this one.

By all accounts, it looks like this one might be one of the biggest trance events of 2012.

But I have a feeling I'm gonna be left with that same old dilemma. Armin or Markus? :p

Markus. Hands down.

Seeing him the day before for the Top 100 party anyway. That line up is awesome.

Markus. Hands down.

Seeing him the day before for the Top 100 party anyway. That line up is awesome.

Yeah, but Markus will be in the 2nd room, and I quote, "the other two rooms are good but...there isn't any ventilation so the heat is stifling". And my group all end up wanting to see Armin.

Will depend on the set times and the venue, I suppose. If I can I'd like to see PvD and Markus.

Gutted I'm unable to see PvD on his tour.
Was set to see him at one of four locations, and all of them have fallen through.

heading down to this on friday, cant wait!

as for the heat problem in room2/3, they were getting it sorted today apparently

I went to the Dice/Hawtin/Cox night on the 5th, and have to say I enjoyed it.
I was really impressed by the amount of effort that had gone into making the venue a safe useable area.
Drinks ...water £2 a bottle, beers about £3.60 ish , they do that thing where they take the bottle top off the water though , so if you are going take a spare one :).
Security wasn't too bad going in either with the just the odd random search and a couple of dogs but fairly quick to get in.

I found in room 1 you go the most from the visuals and sounds away from the front a bit, more middle of the room.

Rooms 2 and 3 were just full of sound...pretty amazing real blow you away sound pressure there.

One downside is it gets pretty hot in the main room and the lack of ventilation means the condensation builds up in the steelwork in the roof...then drips down....
So don't go wearing your best footwear as the floor gets wet by the end and your shoes get pretty grimy.

But certainly a venue I would go to again.

I went to the Dice/Hawtin/Cox night on the 5th, and have to say I enjoyed it.
I was really impressed by the amount of effort that had gone into making the venue a safe useable area.
Drinks ...water £2 a bottle, beers about £3.60 ish , they do that thing where they take the bottle top off the water though , so if you are going take a spare one :).
Security wasn't too bad going in either with the just the odd random search and a couple of dogs but fairly quick to get in.

I found in room 1 you go the most from the visuals and sounds away from the front a bit, more middle of the room.

Rooms 2 and 3 were just full of sound...pretty amazing real blow you away sound pressure there.

One downside is it gets pretty hot in the main room and the lack of ventilation means the condensation builds up in the steelwork in the roof...then drips down....
So don't go wearing your best footwear as the floor gets wet by the end and your shoes get pretty grimy.

But certainly a venue I would go to again.
cheers for the heads up about the water bottle situation.

spare tops ahoy then!

cheers for the heads up about the water bottle situation.

spare tops ahoy then!
50 of us also went on the 5th. It was my first time at the new venue and I really liked the it, had doubts because in my opinion store street was excellent.

Read about entrance being a bit tight- we sailed through, hardly any wait around 10pm, a couple of dogs that like store street seemed pretty ineffective. Personally walked through without any search.

The drinks were reasonable and quite easy to get served, we stood at the righthand side of the room 1 and there was a bar which didn't get busy. The visual were good, as was the sound. Enjoyed room 2, similar set out to store st with a low roof. Didn't stay in room 3 for any time to judge it. Like mentioned the floor got quite mucky. Brilliant night 8)

50 of us also went on the 5th. It was my first time at the new venue and I really liked the it, had doubts because in my opinion store street was excellent.

Read about entrance being a bit tight- we sailed through, hardly any wait around 10pm, a couple of dogs that like store street seemed pretty ineffective. Personally walked through without any search.

The drinks were reasonable and quite easy to get served, we stood at the righthand side of the room 1 and there was a bar which didn't get busy. The visual were good, as was the sound. Enjoyed room 2, similar set out to store st with a low roof. Didn't stay in room 3 for any time to judge it. Like mentioned the floor got quite mucky. Brilliant night 8)
50?...that is quite a group night out!.

the old shore street venue was good, but it was basically like a smaller and not as good version of the arches in glasgow...i was a bit disappointed in it after hearing all the talk beforehand...

last year one of the girls in our group was feeling it a bit too much, kept saying she was going to get the taxi home as she was convinced she was in the arches/glasgow:p...seemingly quite a common story from various glasgow punters ive ran into when they talk about WHP:lol::lol:

50?...that is quite a group night out!.

the old shore street venue was good, but it was basically like a smaller and not as good version of the arches in glasgow...i was a bit disappointed in it after hearing all the talk beforehand...

last year one of the girls in our group was feeling it a bit too much, kept saying she was going to get the taxi home as she was convinced she was in the arches/glasgow:p...seemingly quite a common story from various glasgow punters ive ran into when they talk about WHP:lol::lol:

It's only round the corner from Burnley! Being from a smallish town most of the people who go clubbing know eachother.

A mate wanted to leave Eden in Ibiza and get the train back to Skipton a few years ago :eek:

ended up going to see boys noize last night, check out the new live show he's playing, really enjoyed it, so much better than his pretty mundane dj sets i've seen the last few times.

can definitely see he's upping the game with the production / work with the live show...going big for the US / festivals .

he's on the bill for WHP when we are there on friday, now i've seen him this week, kinda frees me to check out the other rooms when he's on, although catching the live show again wouldn't be the worst way to spend an hour of anyones time

Back