The Politically Incorrect Thread

WinglessWonder said:
Do the Italians and Spanish have a greater stamina than Brits and Irish when it comes to partying or what is the story?

No, I think it's because of our odd times to have lunch, dinner, go to bed, etc :lol:

silvia said:
Morbyd said:
One of the oddest things about the UK.... how can you have such radically different accents on such a small piece of land :?:

In spain is the same, I have problems to understand people from the south and some from the north.

And still worst is the case of catalan and its dialects, I can't understand at all eivissenc or aranés (talked in a small valley in the pyrinees) and I have some problems with valencià and mallorquí :!:

Maybe this is why when I went to Tossa del Mar and I used to speack in mallorquin neally everybody used to say me: ehhh!!!!! and I had to repeat again slowly. :D :D :D

McRackin said:
solask said:
I'm soooooo confused cause all the things you ppl say about Italians (standing in your way etc.) are things I experienced with Spanish (speaking atleast - could be from Argentina I guess..)
this year :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
which means, my confused friend, that you dont even know what you are talking about (spanish is not only used in spain, you know?) but you dont mind coming here and talking bullshit about spanish people. well done dude..........

(maybe if you had more success with the spanish chicas you wouldnt write all this crap :lol: )

You obviously took the time to read all the posts in the thread I see :rolleyes:

I was NOT TRYING TO COME DOWN ON SPANISH PEOPLE - simply confused that everyone was bashing the Italians when I found them to be very friendly and nice. All I said was that I've had no (zero, nothing, never) trouble in Ibiza ever and that the people that wanted to start trouble with us this year spoke Spanish.

The fact that in two of the occasions they seemed to know the security at the venue led me to the conclusion that they might even have been locals.

But who am I to know. :confused:

fergie19 said:
I was at Forthill too and subsequently Grove, how old are you?

Depending on how good your memory is, you may know a family member of mine

Just turned 22 on Saturday 8) How old are you?

All my family (Mum, Dad, cousins) went to the Grove. I was only at Forthill in Primary 1 or 2 I think. My bro is coming up for 24, may have known him? 8)

Chances are my Mum taught one of you! Im just about to hit 24 myself. So if we were in the same year, and he knows my Mum taught there, chances are he knows who I am, as everyone else round here does.

Small world eh?

An Italian girl once gave me a very nasty STD resulting in the "umbrella treatment"

Dirty stinking f***ers

pip uk said:
An Italian girl once gave me a very nasty STD resulting in the "umbrella treatment"

Dirty stinking *beep*
Can't blame her if you didn't put on your jimmy hat :rolleyes: :lol:

I've always found both nationalities to be absolutely fine.

In fact we've had some great times with Spaniards and Italians.

One thing i noticed in Space was when i was with a Spanish guy who knew some Italians and the Italians apparently said to him "who's this?" to which the Spanish guy replied "some English guy (and his girlfriend) we met earlier. He's English but he's cool"

Gave me the immediate impression the English can be looked down upon.

Most people think i'm Italian (with a good attitude of course ;) ) when i've been in the sun anyhow.

:)

Drew said:
One thing i noticed in Space was when i was with a Spanish guy who knew some Italians and the Italians apparently said to him "who's this?" to which the Spanish guy replied "some English guy (and his girlfriend) we met earlier. He's English but he's cool"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

silvia said:
Drew said:

:?:

Drew said:
I've always found both nationalities to be absolutely fine.

In fact we've had some great times with Spaniards and Italians.

Gave me the immediate impression the English can be looked down upon.

Most people think i'm Italian (with a good attitude of course ;) ) when i've been in the sun anyhow.

:)

That sort of what we experienced too.. like ..

"OOOhhh you're NOT British... can I get you anything?"

:D

silvia said:
Drew said:
silvia said:
Drew said:

:?:

:?: :arrow: What?

It's funny to me

Maybe the language barrier again ..... but which bit?

I'm assuming the last 5 words? Funny ..... really?

:confused:

Drew said:

It's quite surprising that people on here always blame language barrier when my opinion is different to theirs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

silvia said:
Drew said:

It's quite surprising that people on here always blame language barrier when my opinion is different to theirs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not a difference of opinion - i just don't understand why it is funny??? :confused:

You usually seem defensive if anyone makes unpopular remarks regardings someone's nationality yet this time it is funny to you for some reason.

That was the reason for my confusion.

Morbyd said:
Though I do have problems understanding the Scottish accent sometimes :oops:

me too, I cant understand geordie accent either. I am absolute poo with accents.

On a fight once the air hostess came round, and after speaking to her, I said to Paul, "arh, I think the Welsh accents cute" to which he replied "she was French" :confused: :lol:

Drew said:
Not a difference of opinion - i just don't understand why it is funny??? :confused:

You usually seem defensive if anyone makes unpopular remarks regardings someone's nationality yet this time it is funny to you for some reason.

That was the reason for my confusion.

Drew, I think it's the 7th time in one or two months that people on here justifies my comments with a lost in translation thing, that's why I made my last comment. ;)

The comment it's not nice but it's a topic made sentence, I think you are one of the most "conscients" of the image of brits abroad so that shouldn't be a suriprise for you

What I found funny is that this guy made such a comment in front of you ;) it's not the comment itself, it's the fact that the guy had no problem to said that to you :D

Leese said:
Morbyd said:
Though I do have problems understanding the Scottish accent sometimes :oops:

me too, I cant understand geordie accent either. I am absolute poo with accents.

On a fight once the air hostess came round, and after speaking to her, I said to Paul, "arh, I think the Welsh accents cute" to which he replied "she was French" :confused: :lol:

Ang is like you Leese.

A (very) cockney neighbour of ours came around one evening last week. Was talking to him for about 2 hours and when he'd left Ang thought he was from Brum :rolleyes:

She's accused someone of being Irish when they were blatently American recently too.

Maybe she needs her hearing looking at?

Back