The Passion of Christ

Robder said:
Buckley said:
I'd have thought you'd have down to a fine art by now!

Do you think? :confused:
Shall I get some more practice in or shall I retire to my teasmaid and pledge my sins?

I'd carry on with your un-natural, immoral, ungodly acts but just make sure you manage to eek out a 'sorry' with your last dying breath. That should see you through the pearly gates.

(This may be a pop a some parts of some religions but I reserve the right not to show respect for a view that would be labelled as a 'hate crime' if it wasn't cloaked by religion).

x-amount said:
Buckley said:
Robder said:
then I'd never practice homosexuality

You're the one that's hoping to shag my spanish mate...

Eh?

I'm sure it be an obvious gag (to me at least) when you repsond but for the benefit of the audience, I'm not looking to shag anyone but TCMB :lol:

Buckley said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
Robder said:

Eh?

I'm sure it be an obvious gag (to me at least) when you repsond but for the benefit of the audience, I'm not looking to shag anyone but TCMB :lol:

Then why did you say you want to go roger Sanchez?

;)

x-amount said:
Buckley said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
Robder said:

Eh?

;)

Daniel, Danny, Dan. In the word of Skinner, M not F.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the way everyone feels the need to add a disclaimer when expressing a view on religion! :lol:

Buckley said:
(This may be a pop a some parts of some religions but I reserve the right not to show respect for a view that would be labelled as a 'hate crime' if it wasn't cloaked by religion).

Robder said:
Pleeeeeeeeease don't take this as a personal insult, I'm simply stating the other side of the argument.

sil i think we understand each other.

robder - i think we do agree about what the bible says, the only thing is that i still believe that jesus must have had something going for him to cause such debate for 2000 years.

ALL - the only reason that God might slightly register and would mean anything to me is on the basis of Pascal's Wager - anyone/morbyd care to explain what this is.

fairly self-explanatory but as I don't believe in it, it doesn't worry me that I'm backing a loser (according to Pascal anyway)

Buckley said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
Robder said:

Eh?

;)

Daniel, Danny, Dan. In the word of Skinner, M not F.......

You know when you you see, like, really old people, and their talking to each other, both thinking their having a perfect 2 way conversation, but really, they don't understand or can hear what the other persons saying, and so they both have their own conversations with absolutely no-one but themselves, but they both don't realise it....

"Isn't it cold Gladys..."

"Did you see Rooneys goal last night?..."

"Yes, but the weatherman on the BBC says it'll get a bit warmer tomorrow..."

"I know. But then I always did say he was going to be big, even whilst he was at Everton..."

"Well, I don't think you'll be needing that hat, that's for sure..."

"But then, I think Van Nistlerooy will be gone by the end of the season. Ferguson will have to sell him yo know...

grego said:
robder - i think we do agree about what the bible says, the only thing is that i still believe that jesus must have had something going for him to cause such debate for 2000 years.

Absolutely! I think he was probably a top bloke!
Evidence suggests he was well into his yoga so that makes him great in my book. ;)
I think what he preached was fantastic! However, Christianity is not his religion. It's someone's own translation on what he said based on the moral fabric of society during those times.
I think Jesus Christ would be horrified if he saw how his teachings have been branded.

It's rather like hip hop - a form of music that was 'real' and came from the ghetto to bring people together and give them hope. Record companies get hold of it and it turns into elitist pap that spouts off about bling jewellery and all the things it originally protested against.

:lol: at me going into a hip hop rant! :confused: :confused: :confused: :lol: There's logic in there somewhere kids. I'm having to listen to a 50 cents album today and am not best pleased. :lol:

Robder said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the way everyone feels the need to add a disclaimer when expressing a view on religion! :lol:

Buckley said:

Robder said:
Pleeeeeeeeease don't take this as a personal insult, I'm simply stating the other side of the argument.

Mine was because I felt it necessary to justify that I was taking the p1ss despite other's posts about showing respect. I wouldn't show respect for a religious belief that promotes racism and I won't for the any religious belief that is homophobic.

x-amount said:
Buckley said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
Robder said:

Eh?

;)

Is Roger Sanchez Spanish? :eek:

Buckley said:
Mine was because I felt it necessary to justify that I was taking the p1ss despite other's posts about showing respect. I wouldn't show respect for a religious belief that promotes racism and I won't for the any religious belief that is homophobic.

I knew what you meant... ;)

It's just impossible to have a conversation about religion without feeling like you're treading on egg shells that's all!

silvia said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
x-amount said:
Buckley said:
Robder said:

Eh?

;)

By 'verbing' the word Roger, the X no longer refered to that particular Sanchez Sil and Sanchezs per se are Spanish (I think).

Buckley said:

By 'verbing' the word Roger, the X no longer refered to that particular Sanchez Sil and Sanchezs per se are Spanish (I think).[/quote]

I see :oops:

Thanks for the teletubbie translation :lol: ;)

Robder said:
grego said:

Absolutely! I think he was probably a top bloke!
Evidence suggests he was well into his yoga so that makes him great in my book. ;)
I think what he preached was fantastic! However, Christianity is not his religion. It's someone's own translation on what he said based on the moral fabric of society during those times.
I think Jesus Christ would be horrified if he saw how his teachings have been branded.

It's rather like hip hop - a form of music that was 'real' and came from the ghetto to bring people together and give them hope. Record companies get hold of it and it turns into elitist pap that spouts off about bling jewellery and all the things it originally protested against.

:lol: at me going into a hip hop rant! :confused: :confused: :confused: :lol: There's logic in there somewhere kids. I'm having to listen to a 50 cents album today and am not best pleased. :lol:

agreed then.............think it was constantine in about 200 AD that decided that....................hang on a minute, we can make oursleves very powerful out of this. and thus, the legend of christ's religion was born.

bit like the way the church used the devil in the middle ages as a source of conversion and conformance for non-christians. now the devil is no more than a fictional character but other things are used in his place (such as terrorism and the threat of WMD in Iraq - boll*x more like!) :evil:

I know that statement was said in jest Robder, but it also reflects reality and contains a lot of truth.

Back