The Olympics

I agree man, even though the U.S team doesn't have Bosh or Howard they are still gonna be hard to see past. They switched off slightly in the warm up against Argentina. The warm up against GB was over the end of the 1st quarter.

Spain with Calderone and the Gasol brothers will likely see them in the final but it should be a formality already.

The friendly match between the two yesterday was good. Did you see it? it was close until the 3rd quarter.. then USA just ran away with it..
Carmelo was outstanding, he made the difference when it counted.

I think spain will miss ricky rubio quite badly :(

The friendly match between the two yesterday was good. Did you see it? it was close until the 3rd quarter.. then USA just ran away with it..

I don't think so? He is just a role player for Spain. The twin towers of the Gasol brothers will make a big difference.

Opening ceremony approaching - massive influx of tourists.

Bethnal Green tube awash with suited people wearing 2012 lanyards.

Old Compton St filled with new arrivals speaking in loads of different languages, basking in the sunshine. London really is feeling like the centre of the universe at the mo.

Loving it. 8)

Also, hate to be a doom merchant but my excitement is coupled with fear that something nasty could kick off at any second. :confused:

Old Compton St filled with new arrivals speaking in loads of different languages, basking in the sunshine. London really is feeling like the centre of the universe at the mo.

Loving it. 8)

Agreed 8)

walked past there, picadilly circus, green park, buckingham palace on the way home today, never seen so many people, it was heaving, great atmosphere.

I think Rubio will be a miss. Haven't seen much of the kid to be fair but looked decent in the games I did see him in. As a Raptors fan I'm routing for the Spanish in the form of Calderone but after watching the U.S / Spain game it does seem like the U.S can up it into another gear at any time.

Melo was on fire but he can be temperamental as shown in the other warm up games saying that really any team with Kobe, Lebron and Durant in their line up should be pretty much winning whatever the opposition.

I won't have time with all these new arrivals on my doorstep. I'm going to be Grinding all over the olympic village. :lol:

..Olympic Athletes Crash Grindr

My Virgin atlantic crew friends tell me this is the most used App down route, its the first thing the boys log into when out and about in town. Funny to see them going of in different directions trying to locate nearby grinder users :lol:

I hear there is a straight version now, cant see it catching on in the same way like :lol:

Also, hate to be a doom merchant but my excitement is coupled with fear that something nasty could kick off at any second. :confused:

I hear ya, ive got this horrid feeling in my stomach...hope (and im sure) its my sleepless nights causing paranoia :confused:

very confused....

in approx 5 mins there are going to be bells ringing all over the place (8.12) to celebrate the games.

when i last looked 8.12pm was 20.12 in the 24hr clock ??

Agreed 8)

walked past there, picadilly circus, green park, buckingham palace on the way home today, never seen so many people, it was heaving, great atmosphere.

London has been well busy all week. Never seen so many people walking round, loads with Olympic badges. I work in the city and there have been throngs of them down this way coming up from London Bridge. It really does feel like we're the centre of the world right now - so much media attention in the place. Was getting the bus into work at half 6 this morning and was passed by an open top bus and a Greek camera crew doing some piece from the tiop of the bus.

I went to Old Trafford for both games last night. It wasn't the best spectacle of football but had a great family atmosphere so if you have kids get some tickets and take them to one of the games.

Still a privilege and honour to be able to host the games. Hope it all works out well for them.

Did I hear correctly in that the female lead drummer was deaf? Immense, a bit like Frankie Wilde.

Back