The Guardia Civil - sensible advice from someone out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so much borchx and mikkak for taking the time to post such great information.

...what about middle aged men who ARE supposed to be there ?......ME !!!....

John I'm with you mate. I'm affronted to think that anyone would think that a man of my age would look out of place in Space, Pacha, DC 10 etc...

Anyone for a cruise with the oldies next year?

Been reading this with great interest and, unfortunately, a growing sense of fear!! This is my first visit to Ibiza, and only recently have I started getting into 'clubbing music', and I was looking forward to trying out the best clubs in the world next week!! However, as some of you evidently and maybe rightly feel is wrong, I also enjoy taking pills, although no more than three a night. Ive got my reasons for this (I don't drink as much when I do them :)D), I think I can dance :)roll:), I save some money and love everyone :)lol:)!!!
Ive been looking forward to this holiday for ages, and wouldn't dream of jepordising it by taking anything with me in my luggage or anything, but the way its sounding here is that its going to be extremely difficult as well as dangerous to be asking strangers if they have anything for sale. As Ive said, I only take a couple of pills when Im going to a club to dance, surely thats harming no-one but myself, and even then its my choice?

Sorry if this seems like a completely pointless ramble, Im just a worried Ibiza virgin :eek::confused:!!

Erm, sorry again, but thw wholoe point of the above message was to ask, should I really just forget about trying to buy anything over there, as there's no way I could afford a fine and im too pretty to go to jail...:?:roll:confused:?!!

Question for those that know/have had experience . If u are stopped n searched by the police n u know u have a small amount on you that they will iminently find , should u admit it or say nothing? in general what is the best way to handle the police apart from the obvious politeness , especially if its clear you have taken something , do say yes / details or deny anything? Im not a good liar

I also want to get answer to MiniMarc questions and want to also know. Can you be toxicated if you do not make any problem and police stops you? I think you can or is this even forbidden?

Question for those that know/have had experience . If u are stopped n searched by the police n u know u have a small amount on you that they will iminently find , should u admit it or say nothing? in general what is the best way to handle the police apart from the obvious politeness , especially if its clear you have taken something , do say yes / details or deny anything? Im not a good liar
I've been caught with small amounts for personal use on two occasions in the past in Ibiza through my own stupidity, I must say the police were very reasonable about it, confiscated the stuff, a bit of a talking to and sent me on my way

haha
2 years ago i kicked my mate into the big pool where the egg is in san an
he got out took his shoes off put his wallet in his shoes then got them nicked after we wer destracted by sum beautiful girls .........he was ragin threw his camera on the ground just as gaurdia civil came walkin round the corner, he proceeded to walk towards them shouting "they stole my wallet"
he got not one but 2 slaps in the face haha and told to calm down as they said "arresto or noto" or sumfin like that then they just run off to a more urgent matter
just be wary about ur behaviour i suppose im tryin to say and wif drugs be sensible and keep em well hid !

Advice with Guardia Civil

Just a bit of advice for those of you who think about taking drugs in Ibiza. Taking drugs is ilegal in Spain and also in Ibiza, believe it or not.:lol:

The famous Guardia Civil are not the most friendly people you will find in the island, for sure...but they are just Policemen doing their job.

In case you are caught taking drugs, everything will depend on what you carry with you at that moment. Obviously, it's not the same having 5 grams of hash than 30 pills!!!.

Anyway, in case you have pills, cocaine, ketamine or any kind of "hard drugs" police will be certainly hard with you. You will get fined for sure!!!. But do not worry, nobody goes to jail in Spain for having an amount of hard drugs for personal use (and I am talking about having 1-2 grams of cocaine or 4-5 pills).

If you are selling drugs...that is different. Then you have a real problem and you might spend some days in prison.

In case you are caught by Police in possesion of drugs...be polite, be calm and say the true. That will help.

The easiest option is...guess it...not taking drugs!:D
If you take them...do not have too much with you and do not sell anyone!

See you all there.

wise words

Great post there from Sevilla25 !As i mentioned in the article in club news and reviews - la guardia civil can be easily aggravated so whatever your situation please remember that. ie. don't talk back, don't provoke etc. unless you fancy a few whacks with the baton that is !!

Some other tips...

I will give you some tips more about the Guardia Civil or Picoletos (that is how we call them in Spain).

In Spain we have three types of Police. Policía Local, Policía Nacional and Guardia Civil. There are some differences between them.

For example, a Policía Nacional will not fine you for a traffic issue...well, in case you drive on a highway in the wrong way they will arrest you, that is obvious. But if your car is in a place where is not allowed to park they will do nothing against you. They care about big issues like terrorism and big scale drugs dealing. Also you will not find one of them in Santa Gertrudis or San Miguel, unless they are looking for terrorists or big amount of drugs. They are what we could call them a National Police Force.

A Policía Local is what we could call a City Police. They usually care about everything related to the normal life in the city, that includes drug dealing, people security, traffic, etc.

Then we have our beloved Guardia Civil, the oldest Police group in Spain. It is a kind of mix between the Police and the Army. They are actually dependent on the Ministry of Defence as well as the Home Office (they should better be dependent on the Ministry of Sound, shouldn't they?). They even go to places like Afganistan, Lebanon or Irak to support the Army in exceptional cases. The problem is that they also patrol every Spanish City so you can imagine the real pain in the back they are...they are the toughest. Do not forget in 1981 some of them tried to organise a coup d'etat (I think you say it in English like this, I am not sure, if I am wrong it is because of wordreference.com:D). They actually got into the Parliament and shooted a couple of times...not a nice show. Luckily that was not succesfull!!. Anyway, I'd rather mixing vodka and whiskey than Police and Army!!!!!!

You do not have this kind of Police in your countries, do you?

Just to finish I would like to remind you that even though they might be sometimes a pain in the ass when you are fined for smoking a joint in the street or parking in a prohibited area, at the end of the day they are Policemen and that is their job.

However, if you get caught with drugs never get cocky with any of the Policemen in Spain. In that case they will use the truncheon before asking. Be polite and cooperate, that is all...hopefully you will be fined and that is all!

Ibiza get ready...in ten days I will be there. And Picoletos...I will not call you to go out clubbing!!

Sorry, I was a bit bored:lol:

When i lived in the french alps I encounterd there version which is the Gendarme (worst spelling ever?) who are like the army police . u dont **** with these dudes!

You do not have this kind of Police in your countries, do you?

Sorry, I was a bit bored:lol:[/quote]

Hey, thanks for the message, Ive been to Spain a few times, never ever understood the difference between all the police types, although I did witness what happens when you do get cheeky (Swedish guy + some batons = alotta blood)!!

In Scotland the police ain't really that bad, you only have to worry about them if you happen to be a catholic or wearing any celtic/ireland tops (firsthand experience talking here), although Ive never been caught with drugs in Scotland, so I dunno how'd they would react with that, prob take them off ye and dish them out to their mates!!!

Am I wrong but doesn't this hype about the increased police presence in the clubs happen every year at the beginning of the season :?:

i think it is notable that this year the police really seem to mean business as opposed to making a show.

lets not get things out of proportion but please be careful kidz. just because you are on holiday doesn't mean real world rules go out of the window.

there is definately a politically led squeezing of the ibiza club scene this year. but once we all take up golf we will be welcomed back with open arms

space opening:

6cp9cgk.jpg

copyright.gif
viewimages

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back