The Guardia Civil - sensible advice from someone out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsuk01

Has anyone noticed if they have been out in force outside the clubs more than usual after all the recent events with Amnesia, Bora Bora and DC-10?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

They've completely changed their tactics too and it's scary.

I'll spare the finite details but someone in our group was taken in for questioning after buying something from someone who had about five bags of something in their pocket.

My friend was fine and the police treated him with a lot of courtesy but they had clearly turned up at this party to make an example of a petty dealer (although arguably not even a petty one in this case).

The "dealer" in question has been fined 4000 euros and may face jail. The poor girl has no money and was living out of a car boot and trying to establish herself on the island.

No surprises that this plain clothes activity wasn't happening in the major clubs where they will always turn a blind eye. :rolleyes:

There are posters all over the island saying the police are urgently recruiting 5000 new members. I've certainly never seen anything like this before and it's scary - this could've been any of you lot because of the small amount that was being carried.

Sooo - have fun but PLEASE for God's sake follow these simple rules when out and about:

1. NEVER buy anything in a club.
2. DON'T carry loads on you.
3. DON'T have stuff in your pockets in taxis or cars en route to clubs as police may carry out a random search.
4. If you need to do something naughty, ALWAYS do this in a toilet cubicle and not on the dance floor.

You're being watched from all angles. ;)

DON'T have stuff in your pockets in taxis or cars en route to clubs as police may carry out a random search.
true. for the opening of space, for example, lots of taxis were stopped and searched..... needless to say the taxi drivers were quite upset as they were losing a lot of time (and money) ! !

Surely there not gonna keep being this strict once the peak season hits. (July onwards) Probably just trying to show the world that they are trying to tackle the drug 'problem'. Am I not correct in saying they do this every year around this time? Last year they had everyone very paranoid by installing numerous surveillance cameras all over Ibiza...

Rodber really good advice there mate.

We made sure that when we were walking about with stuff we should not be, that it was split between us. 5 cautions is better than 1 person in the nick for having lots.

That said, we did not notice any overt police presence when there. But we were 9-16th June, which was relatively less packed.

1. NEVER buy anything in a club.
2. DON'T carry loads on you.
3. DON'T have stuff in your pockets in taxis or cars en route to clubs as police may carry out a random search.
4. If you need to do something naughty, ALWAYS do this in a toilet cubicle and not on the dance floor.

Can I add just one more?

5. DON'T buy/do/take anything!

I know I sound like a stick in the mud, and believe me, I've had my share ... but, it just doesn't seem worth all this hassle. I'd rather enjoy everything carefree, but, that's just me =)

Can I add just one more?

5. DON'T buy/do/take anything!

I know I sound like a stick in the mud, and believe me, I've had my share ... but, it just doesn't seem worth all this hassle. I'd rather enjoy everything carefree, but, that's just me =)

I don't want to advocate the use of drugs on this forum but discretion is order of the day...don't do anything blatant or stupid and there's nothing to get in trouble for.

Selling drugs is the illegal bit so anything that makes you appear like a dealer (including dishing out drugs to friends) could land you in a whole heap of trouble.

...and wouldn't it be awful to test this theory and finish your holiday in a police station, missing your flight and having to pay a hefty fine?

(not to mention the slammer - eeek)

...The poor girl has no money and was living out of a car boot and trying to establish herself on the island...

"poor girl ... trying to establish herself ..." - is this a joke ??

Just to add one bit of info, there was also a dragnet on the road between Ibiza Town and San Rafael a week ago. They cut the 2 lanes down to one lane on a Friday night and looked in every car as it drove by. Cars with groups of young people were stopped and searched (remember, Friday night is Manumission at Privilege, not far past where the roadblock was located...)

I was driving alone so went past no problem, aside from the time wasted in an unnecessary kilometer-long traffic jam.

Can't imagine they'd do this in high season, but who knows when/where they might try it again...

"poor girl ... trying to establish herself ..." - is this a joke ??

Maybe I read this wrong, but I don't think she was trying to establish herself as the next Pablo Escobar - merely she probably turned to selling a few bags (like thousands of people before her) because she left home with dreams of finding a job and living in Ibiza - the job didn't materialize, she went through her money....with limited options what else could she do. Now this POOR girl is probably going to jail if she does not pay the fine. Yes, I do feel sorry for anyone in this situation- I know plenty of people who have been in similar, usually forced into selling by economic necessity/survival.

stops

I just got back I have seen a larger undercover presents. The police were stopping people and taxi's at WLS and at privilege. I didn't notice the presents at eden, pacha, or el devino. There is a LARGE undercover presents so be extra careful. I will post a review in a bit recovering from my 8769305 drinks.

Maybe I read this wrong, but I don't think she was trying to establish herself as the next Pablo Escobar - merely she probably turned to selling a few bags (like thousands of people before her) because she left home with dreams of finding a job and living in Ibiza - the job didn't materialize, she went through her money....with limited options what else could she do. Now this POOR girl is probably going to jail if she does not pay the fine. Yes, I do feel sorry for anyone in this situation- I know plenty of people who have been in similar, usually forced into selling by economic necessity/survival.

dreams or no dreams, dealing is illegal and she knew it. the rewards are high, and so is the punishment. even in ibiza if you do the crime you do the time.

I just got back I have seen a larger undercover presents. The police were stopping people and taxi's at WLS and at privilege. I didn't notice the presents at eden, pacha, or el devino. There is a LARGE undercover presents so be extra careful. I will post a review in a bit recovering from my 8769305 drinks.

I'm intrigued... what are these presents? :lol:;)

Just to clarify from the original post, if you don't buy anything in a club, and you don't have it in your pockets 'en route', then where do you get it from? Are you saying go back to the old days of hiding it in socks etc? :confused:

this thread is about to break our rules. please read them carefully before continuing

Without breaking rules im sure there are other places apart from clubs which have dealers! And maybe take them before you go?:lol:

this thread is about to break our rules. please read them carefully before continuing

My apologies - I was really just looking to clarify what the opening post meant rather than advocating anything illegal or requesting advice on the subject. For the record, I've just returned from 2 great weeks in Ibiza involving no drugs, no sex, no fighting and no vomiting. Successful mission or waste of time, you decide! I had a great time. 8)

Original question retracted obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back