The Guardia Civil - sensible advice from someone out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this girl a friend of yours? Someone who had gone out with you?

Was she the one who was caught with all the bags of things or caught buying?

(sorry for all the questions!)

she's just someone I've met a few times out clubbing - lovely girl, and my friend amy knows her from working last year.

She was caught with 4 grams of ketamine and a pill or two trying to sell some K to our friend.

Our friend didn't have anything happen to him, and he managed to hide most of his stuff anyway.

so she was caught because she was selling, not just had some stuff hidden on her?

(again.. too many questions from me!! :oops:)

One of our friends is working out there and he told us about someone he knew getting caught with a 40 pills on him, he's now looking at 3-4 years in prison.

It's scary, I personally wouldn't go anywhere with any substantial amount of anything on me. I think anyone who does is crazy - you know the law out there, you know the penalties. it's one thing paying a few hundred quid to be allowed to leave the country, it's another being banged up for years in a Spanish prison! :eek:

One of the more bizarre things of last year for me was walking to Eden and passing a bloke crouching down on the ground. I thought he was doing his laces up, but it turned out he'd dropped 1 of his pills into a crack between the paving slabs...He was oblivious to everyone around watching him, he just had to get that pill back!

I could'nt believe it, esp with all the strict Police presence that was meant to be about. But I suppose the Police are like London buses...

40 pills is a lot though!!

however, I recall we hear about this every year.. Last year i thought we heard about someone with 10 pills who got the same 3-4 year prison sentence.

so she was caught because she was selling, not just had some stuff hidden on her?

(again.. too many questions from me!! :oops:)

yeah she was caught selling by the undercover cops in Prestige.

Fingers crossed they'll be ok because ketamine is a class C drug in spain, unlike pills which are class A.

...undercover cops in Prestige...

"undercover cops" in this tiny hole in the wall ?

... then they are everywhere this year ...

ps:
"prestige" must be the crappiest crap-name for a club.
"lucifer" was much better and fitted to this place.

Can't understand, why there is not any sum of amount, how many grams or how many pills you can carry with you, that is definetely to personal use? I have read, that personal use is legal in Spain laws. I do not understand the consequence about small amount, if the personal use is legal.

"undercover cops" in this tiny hole in the wall ?

... then they are everywhere this year ...

ps:
"prestige" must be the crappiest crap-name for a club.
"lucifer" was much better and fitted to this place.

just watch out for middle aged men who are clearly not supposed to be there :lol:

because other factors are taken into account. eg if you are dealing you may only have a small amount of gear but wads of cash or other equipment etc which would imply that it's not just for personal use........ does that make sense?

Can't understand, why there is not any sum of amount, how many grams or how many pills you can carry with you, that is definetely to personal use? I have read, that personal use is legal in Spain laws. I do not understand the consequence about small amount, if the personal use is legal.

I think, pesonal use is legal only in your house, i mean, the police cannot entered in your house and fine you (only they can with a judicial order).

So, in spain you cannot carry any amount of any drug if you are in a public site(like in the street or where else). So if the police caught you with 0.00000005gr of hash, you could be fined although you say that it is for your personal consumption.

If you think, you will see that there is a legal emptiness since if in your house is allowed the consumption, how has arrived the drug at your house?

I think, pesonal use is legal only in your house, i mean, the police cannot entered in your house and fine you (only they can with a judicial order).

So, in spain you cannot carry any amount of any drug if you are in a public site(like in the street or where else). So if the police caught you with 0.00000005gr of hash, you could be fined although you say that it is for your personal consumption.

If you think, you will see that there is a legal emptiness since if in your house is allowed the consumption, how has arrived the drug at your house?

OK, I understand, but it is very hard to carry them into your apartment without using public place like streets and so on. Is there any recommend, which amount you only get fined without going to court?

many thanks stephen for keeping things on track. we've linked to this thread from the main spotlight site, so please continue to abide by the forum rules.

it is a very useful discussion!

OK, I understand, but it is very hard to carry them into your apartment without using public place like streets and so on. Is there any recommend, which amount you only get fined without going to court?

I think is not as hard as you think. Why?, because the police is not in all streets, they are only in the places where the have more probabilities to find persons who have drugs. In ibiza is very easy to know where the people go to consum drugs, in all the streets near a disco. If you are carrying some amount of drugs from an apartament in Vara de Rey to your house placed near the Can Misses Hospital you have very little posibilities to be caughted

xao!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you are in the wrong, because, one thing is a criminal ofence wich emply prison and another thing is being fined cause you take drugs in public places. You can consume drugs , it's legal! but what used to happen before is that as it was fine to take drugs then you had to put up with people taking heroin next to a school or in a public park, etc, kids could see that! so what they did is make a law that says that you can take drugs but not in public area, if you do that , then you are fined but this fine is like a traffic fine is just money, harm for your pocket but it isn't a criminal ofence. You don't go to prison, There is a big diference betwen both.
Ofcourse they migth be a very small line betwen what must be considered for personal use and what is dealing , this is why they take into account other things like Stephen said the amount of money you are carrying, witness, etc. If you realise that "friend " of Robder that was taken to be interrogated about him buying drugs they told him to go because even so he was buying, there isn't any problem with him doing that.

I think you are in the wrong, because, one thing is a criminal ofence wich emply prison and another thing is being fined cause you take drugs in public places. You can consume drugs , it's legal! but what used to happen before is that as it was fine to take drugs then you had to put up with people taking heroin next to a school or in a public park, etc, kids could see that! so what they did is make a law that says that you can take drugs but not in public area, if you do that , then you are fined but this fine is like a traffic fine is just money, harm for your pocket but it isn't a criminal ofence. You don't go to prison, There is a big diference betwen both.
Ofcourse they migth be a very small line betwen what must be considered for personal use and what is dealing , this is why they take into account other things like Stephen said the amount of money you are carrying, witness, etc. If you realise that "friend " of Robder that was taken to be interrogated about him buying drugs they told him to go because even so he was buying, there isn't any problem with him doing that.

I'm talking about consuming and carrying, not dealing. We can see the spanish law:

Article 25: 1. The consumption in places, routes, establishments or transports public, as well as the illicit possession constitute serious infractions to the citizen security, although he was not destined to the toxic, narcotic psicotrópicas substance or drug traffic, whenever it does not constitute penal infraction, as well as abandonment in the mentioned sites of equipment or instrument used for his consumption.

Here is the explain of you can consume drugs in your house, not in a public site, and the fine is not penal, only administrative (money fine):

The drug consumption or the possession of small amounts destined to autoconsumo does not appear like criminal acts in the Penal Code. Therefore, nobody can be condemned to prison or any other privative pain of freedom (house arrest, parole, etc.) to consume drugs or to have small amounts for its own consumption. Nevertheless, when the consumption or the possession destined to autoconsumo takes place in a public place, they constitute administrative infractions according to the Law of Protection of the Citizen Security and entail the imposition of a fine.

I'm just telling Pablo69 that there is no small amount of drug that does not entail a fine.

It is another issue what is the limit between drug for autoconsum and drug for deal

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just telling Pablo69 that there is no small amount of drug that does not entail a fine.

It is another issue what is the limit between drug for autoconsum and drug for deal

OK, thanks for the reply the main issue now is the guardian civil reasonable if you really use them only for person use. You don't have a lot of money with you and witness and so. Then there should be some amounts, what you can carry without thinking, that guardian civil is thinking that you dealing...

I'm talking about consuming and carrying, not dealing. We can see the spanish law:

Article 25: 1. The consumption in places, routes, establishments or transports public, as well as the illicit possession constitute serious infractions to the citizen security, although he was not destined to the toxic, narcotic psicotrópicas substance or drug traffic, whenever it does not constitute penal infraction, as well as abandonment in the mentioned sites of equipment or instrument used for his consumption.

Here is the explain of you can consume drugs in your house, not in a public site, and the fine is not penal, only administrative (money fine):

The drug consumption or the possession of small amounts destined to autoconsumo does not appear like criminal acts in the Penal Code. Therefore, nobody can be condemned to prison or any other privative pain of freedom (house arrest, parole, etc.) to consume drugs or to have small amounts for its own consumption. Nevertheless, when the consumption or the possession destined to autoconsumo takes place in a public place, they constitute administrative infractions according to the Law of Protection of the Citizen Security and entail the imposition of a fine.

Yess that was what I was saying.
Sorry I misunderstood or misread your message!:oops::D but on the other hand our contribution to the thread for those who don't know this is good ( ok I am just trying to convert my mistake in a succes!).

Yes, but for example when i go party to space or dc10 i always take with me a big amount of money, between 100€ - 150€, think that your are going to spend a lot of time inside the disco and you are going to pay the entrance ticket, buy a lot of whiskies and may be buy a t-shirt or an article on the disco shop...so 100€ is the minimun...

So, it's very different to carry the drug for example 2gr in only one little plastic bag (i don't know how to say it in english) that carry it in 4 little plastic bago of 0'5gr each...this last case is a very clear indeed to the police to think you are going to deal with it...

Yess that was what I was saying.
Sorry I misunderstood or misread your message!:oops::D but on the other hand our contribution to the thread for those who don't know this is good ( ok I am just trying to convert my mistake in a succes!).

No pasa nada jaja, ya tengo suficiente con intentar expresarme bien en inglés que me he centrado en el tema de la tenencia y cosnumo que no en los que se está debatiendo por aquí de la chica esta que la han pillado con las manos en la masa...

xao!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back