The future for the SPACE brand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is it has great potential, it has history, it has the correct licenses, a bit of a rework of the Space inside could really do it justice. Plus the roof can slide open, could even start parties earlier in the day.

They would have to sort out the stench from los lavabos though. My mate drunk tap water from there all night and we could still smell it coming out of his pores back in Scotland 2 days later :eek:

its sad to think that Space just knobbed him off, no pension or anything:(. Its always good to have a "trade" as a back up.

Carl Cox: then there’s all these Space Hotel stories. Now don’t get me wrong it’s a lovely idea and a dream come true for so many people, but I really cannot see them getting a license. The government are not allowing any new club ventures on that side of the island as it is, so the idea of a new hotel with a club? Even if they succeeded in two years time, the whole Space bubble will have burst by then.

( http://theushuaiamagazine.com/iumag349.html )

Reactions: em
the gossip that this new member here heard is that space and all space partys will go to privilege: elrow, afterlife and also revolution with carl cox - but he will not play too many shows there next year.
Carl Cox: We had a look at Privilege but I’m not touching that club unless they spend 10 million euros on it, such a shame for what is a great space.

( http://theushuaiamagazine.com/iumag349.html )

Reactions: em
Carl Cox: I’m not sure if it’s going to happen because you’re going into the hands of the local government straightaway and it doesn't want another nightclub in San Antonio. Space hasn’t got a licence to start building anything at the moment. If there is going to be something, we won’t see it for, at least, another two years. It’ll start off as something new, fresh and exciting for the now generation. But you won’t find anything happening there anytime soon. There’s a lot of bureaucracy on the island at the moment, which I don’t know too much about, but it’s holding up proceedings for anything to happen at this point. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that right now.

( http://mixmag.net/feature/q-a-carl-cox/ )

it'll now be a "5 star hotel for congresses" :eek:
apart from IMS, which congress was ever held in Ibiza?!

987791.gif

the poor knowledge of what happens in ibiza that you show post after post never ceases to amaze me, especially when you get into politics...

many congresses are held in ibiza every year (audi some weeks ago, for example) and there's even a congress center in santa eulalia that opened ten years ago!

987791.gif

the poor knowledge of what happens in ibiza that you show post after post never ceases to amaze me, especially when you get into politics...

wow, someone had a grumpy day..
I was surprised and so I asked a genuine question on which congresses were held in Ibiza. I had hoped for a more helpful reaction.
feels like anybody with a different opinion than the great mcrackin must not post his views on the forum.

Most people on the forum have very different opinions to mine and that's fine, I'm used to it!

Oh, and I had a grrreat day!

I think thats great news,don't you? maybe space can get back to thinking about doing something original again.. instead of following the trend... €€€£££$$ and filling the venue full of wankers.

I'd love to see them do something original or turn Privilege into something amazing, but we know the government won't allow that. So now we're stuck with Ushuaia.

Space doing all these events in UK/Ireland/scotland and where ever else, is just going to make the brand more of a every day occurrence, like how long before Space put on an event at Yates in Reading!? There is only one Space, so I don't see the point in all these Space comes to London events, with one dj you may have heard of plus a bunch of randoms!

Same goes for Amnesia, they have started doing this too, all about the money!

I'd love to see them do something original or turn Privilege into something amazing, but we know the government won't allow that. So now we're stuck with Ushuaia.

Privilege is amazing,it just needs a lick of paint and a few palm trees . ...

Its lucky you're only stuck with one ushuaia then,and not two. And that San an hasn't got its own carbon copy of one,just yet anyway .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back