The future for the SPACE brand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRackin

Super Moderator
As you should know by now, Recó Des Sol is expected to turn into Space's new party hotel:

The hotel reco des sol in es moli area (san antonio) will turn into a 4 star hotel!

The neighbors fear it will be a hotel-discoteca...

:arrow: http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2015/09/25/800-firmas-hotel-discoteca/795378.html
There's an interesting rumour doing the rounds about who actually bought it........... If true, WOW!
Seems like the cat is out of the bag..............
Update:

:arrow: http://www.noudiari.es/2016/08/sant-antoni-deniega-la-licencia-al-hotel-de-space-por-querer-tener-musica-al-aire-libre/

As mentioned ages ago, the neighbors of RdS don't want an Ushuaïa next door. For now the council refuses to give them the necessary license, the open air music seems to be the problem...
And another one:

:arrow: http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/08/30/sant-antoni-teme-apertura-hotel/863182.html

Basically S.A. can't stop it thanks to a law approved by the PP on the last minute before they were sacked from the Balearics goverment...

With all this in mind, don't expect it to be ready before summer 2018...

Has anyone been to Space in Menorca? Is that still going? A quick Google says 'permanently closed'?

The photos of Space Menorca look like the old pictures of Es Paradis in the 80s when it was open air, looked like it would be quite good, but don't know if it attracted big djs, maybe it was just like every other Pacha in the world (bit crap) apart from the Barca one that alright.. been to Torreveja one and that was like a sharon and tracy disco!

I know Menorca isnt considered a party destination, but did it just not work there? I've only been to Menorca once, and went to the Cova Den Xori club in the cliff, that was impressive, but musically it was crap!

Was there -- in Minorca, at the start of September and it ( Space) is closed. We asked and it was some other bar/club now, but the venue did look cool.

Last edited:
hearing rumors that space bought privilege to more or less continue there with their nights from 2016. means that also coxy will return playing some revolution shows ...tale of us, sundays, elrow, etc... if there lies a little bit of truth within then it looks like the sleeping giant of san rafel is about to wake up ...

Ibiza Spotlight: What do you think of Space continuing elsewhere on the island with rumours of a hotel complex in San Antonio? Do you think a new Space could be suited to that side of the island? And do you think it would help San Antonio to improve its image?
Nic Fanciulli: "I think there is always room for another Space. What everyone was saying when it closed was that it was the end of the club and the walls but that the love is still there. So, if they still want to move to another project, then I think there is always room and I think anything positive to San Antonio and bringing something new there would be great."

( Bringing down Space's curtain with Nic Fanciulli )

Do we recon Erlow will stay put in the same venue, and is there any news what this venue will actually be called?

the gossip that this new member here heard is that space and all space partys will go to privilege: elrow, afterlife and also revolution with carl cox - but he will not play too many shows there next year.

Elrow and Cox might fill Privilege, but that's about it.
The place needs a lot of investment too.

Its like a pop up club..:) can imagine the v necker's brushing the dust off their necks:lol: like a new hand flicking dance..

I think it would make sense for a lot of these nights to move to ku and would solve the problem of how to fix the problem of a once magnificent institution being sadly left to rot.

Theres no reason the more undeground parties can't make a go of it there. Had a great night at a circoloco afters there in 2006 and monza was good there as well. Would require a bit of a rethink on sound system as well as it could feel a bit bare at times but the cocoloco room was always a bit special as the sun was coming up.

Don't think a party hotel in san an bay is the answer, unless Rosello is looking for something completely different.

the gossip that this new member here heard is that space and all space partys will go to privilege: elrow, afterlife and also revolution with carl cox - but he will not play too many shows there next year.

I'm not sure about there whereabouts of Elrow and Afterlife etc at this stage... but I'm pretty certain Carl Cox's Revolution will not be continuing, certainly not next year.

However, I would love to see some investment in Privilege and some great parties moving across. In my time of coming to Ibiza (2013 onwards :D), I've never see one single event that would attract me to the club. Hopefully that will change for next season.

Elrow and Cox might fill Privilege, but that's about it.
The place needs a lot of investment too.

They should really give Privi a makeover. It has the space where you could make it something very interesting. Good clubs are not all about a giant dancefloor anymore. Break it into 2 dancefloors, have a maze of side rooms for people to chill and get lost in, add food trucks and other interesting attractions. Basically, turn it into a Berlin style club. Would be an excellent addition to the island and a great way to make the club feel full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back