The footy !!

So City are going to hijack Rice from us (Arsenal) and barely play him for at least a season, we are pretty much there on £50m to Southampton for Lavia. (Insert Romeo done gag here - probably something how about the deal being almost complete - 21 seconds to go?)

Brighton saying the want £100m for Caicedo!

So City are going to hijack Rice from us (Arsenal) and barely play him for at least a season, we are pretty much there on £50m to Southampton for Lavia. (Insert Romeo done gag here - probably something how about the deal being almost complete - 21 seconds to go?)

Brighton saying the want £100m for Caicedo!

We’d play him. Same way De Bruyne / Grealish / Foden… would allegedly just warm the bench.

We’d play him. Same way De Bruyne / Grealish / Foden… would allegedly just warm the bench.

£50m for Kalvin Phillips and didn't start a league game until you'd already won it my be colouring my view.

( I may also be bitter that we threw it away with the 3 games before we played you, and if Arteta had just realised he'd have been better to play me, a 49-year -old veteran amateur footballer ahead of Holding once Saliba got injured, we have been home and dry :lol: )

Phillips was returning from a serious injury at the start of the season and then came back to City after the World Cup with fitness issues (or overweight).

I think he’ll start more games next season. Just as Grealish was unfairly deemed a flop in his first season.

Grealish admitted it took him time to slot into Pep’s way of playing and he was naive in thinking he’d just slot right in immediately from Villa.

Phillips was returning from a serious injury at the start of the season and then came back to City after the World Cup with fitness issues (or overweight).

I think he’ll start more games next season. Just as Grealish was unfairly deemed a flop in his first season.

Grealish admitted it took him time to slot into Pep’s way of playing and he was naive in thinking he’d just slot right in immediately from Villa.

Yeah, you'll note I said 'barely play him for at least a season'. It's good management to be fair. Incremental change when you are already successful is sensible, it's only worth taking the risk of sudden change if you are failing and need to gamble on something/someone being an overnight game-changer

Caicedo is world class. Never seen someone win a ball so easily. We turned down £70M in January and he signed a new deal since then. Personally reckon £90M+add ons to over £100M and he goes. Looks like Man Utd in as well now to start a bidding war

Ruben Neves signs for a Saudi club, same owners as Newcastle, then being loaned to Newcastle for 2 years to get around the FFP rules.

They need to sort themselves out over VAR, in hockey each team is allowed a referral (kept if won) and you go straight upstairs and they make the decision for the ref/umpire; and the crowd can hear the discussions too. Quicker (usually) and more open; and I think there's similar in rugby and there is in cricket for sure. If it works, why does football do something different?

That was a fine game of soccerball final today. Absolutely tragic that us and one other table were the only people interested in the game

Very pleased with the Spain victory, Bonmati is a class player.

The other good news is hopefully the world has found out what a despicable person Rubiales, the Spanish FA president is too.

He has to go

Very pleased with the Spain victory, Bonmati is a class player.

The other good news is hopefully the world has found out what a despicable person Rubiales, the Spanish FA president is too.

He has to go

that’s all the Spanish socials are talking about. His ‘apology’ didn’t exactly go down well either!

that’s all the Spanish socials are talking about. His ‘apology’ didn’t exactly go down well either!

The apology was so forced and not heartfelt at all.
I live in UK but listen to the spanish radio a lot and heard his "true" response live on air, when he called people stupid idiots for raising the issue.

Unfortunately there are some sections of Spanish society that don't see anything wrong with what he did (the kiss i mean). Thankfully large parts do.

The other gesture in the vip box, I think is just as bad, how he can can be the highest representative of Spanish football, and behave like that is a frightening thought.

The apology was so forced and not heartfelt at all.
I live in UK but listen to the spanish radio a lot and heard his "true" response live on air, when he called people stupid idiots for raising the issue.

Unfortunately there are some sections of Spanish society that don't see anything wrong with what he did (the kiss i mean). Thankfully large parts do.

The other gesture in the vip box, I think is just as bad, how he can can be the highest representative of Spanish football, and behave like that is a frightening thought.

Slight tangent but you just reminded me of how as a kid I would sometimes tune in to Radio Exterior de España to hear the Barça games on a Sunday evening. Very crackly shortwave (pre-internet!) My Spanish wasn't all that at the time but I usually got the gist following the excitement :)

Slight tangent but you just reminded me of how as a kid I would sometimes tune in to Radio Exterior de España to hear the Barça games on a Sunday evening. Very crackly shortwave (pre-internet!) My Spanish wasn't all that at the time but I usually got the gist following the excitement :)
Extending the tangent, in the UK we had very little coverage of Spanish/German/Italian league games, certainly until Channel 4 started their coverage of the Italian league.

However, tucked away on a Welsh TV station S4C was the wonderful Sgorio show where they showed proper highlights of games from Spain/Italy etc on a late Monday evening. Those of us on hills in Lancashire facing the transmitter in Wales could, with a bit of fiddling, get a decent signal and we felt honoured!!

How a relatively small station could show those highlights not available elsewhere still puzzles me!!

Maate! You're a man of my own heart, I was exactly the same!!!
Radiogaceta de los deportes every Sunday afternoon or Saturday evening.

You didn't go to the spanish school in Portobello Road did you? Haha
:)

Maate! You're a man of my own heart, I was exactly the same!!!
Radiogaceta de los deportes every Sunday afternoon or Saturday evening.

You didn't go to the spanish school in Portobello did you? Haha
:)

Ha no. Went to a few afterschool classes but never learnt till much later

Did sometimes buy food at Garcia on Portobello Rd tho!

Back