The footy !!

Why three (!?) players in a row took their penalties in such a strange way is beyond me.
If you see the player before you miss like that you should think...Allright..I'll do it the normal way then. :eek:

Can someone explain to me why there seemed to be a large number of naked dudes at yesterday's soccer parties? More than a few flares in butts, etc.

Is this just an English thing or six too many pints and things get gayer than pride? Lol

no short answer to that! social anthropologists could write an entire thesis on this stuff.

*all maximum cringe of course - but beyond the silly stuff, Sunday got seriously dark. if anyone can just storm Wembley without a ticket and beat the living shit out of people without any security, there's terrorist carnage just waiting to happen...

no short answer to that! social anthropologists could write an entire thesis on this stuff.

*all maximum cringe of course - but beyond the silly stuff, Sunday got seriously dark. if anyone can just storm Wembley without a ticket and beat the living shit out of people without any security, there's terrorist carnage just waiting to happen...
It's been building up all tournament, you could see people doubling up at the turnstiles from the Scotland game onwards. Security is a joke, the front line stewards doing ticket / covid checks were unpaid volunteers, and the security on the turnstiles were casual staff on £8.27 an hour. Who is going to stop a load of people running in for £8.27? Compare that to any of the major tournaments in recent years that had some fairly heavy duty security in place, and in Russia instances of military types backing them up as per usual we do everything on the cheap.

It's been building up all tournament, you could see people doubling up at the turnstiles from the Scotland game onwards. Security is a joke, the front line stewards doing ticket / covid checks were unpaid volunteers, and the security on the turnstiles were casual staff on £8.27 an hour. Who is going to stop a load of people running in for £8.27? Compare that to any of the major tournaments in recent years that had some fairly heavy duty security in place, and in Russia instances of military types backing them up as per usual we do everything on the cheap.
Watching some of the clips from the concourse when they pilled through the door, a couple of them got a real hiding from fans inside. I mean, I don't condone violence, but if I've paid 4 figures for my ticket, done covid tests to get in, and then these ticketless ar*eholes try and get in for nowt, I can understand wanting to give them a pasting! But not a good look for England fans...

A powerful image from the other night.

Hard lines for England again, losing to penalties will always be a bitter pill to swallow for us.

I’m proud of those young lads that went out on the pitch at Wembley and gave it their all on Sunday night. They lifted the country when we needed it most, with a thoroughly entertaining few weeks.

Plenty critics out there, but it’s the men that pull on the shirt and step up to the challenge that will always have my respect.

Roll on the World Cup ⚽

01C58CBE-B8B0-4E04-A52C-24290D05C4E1.jpeg

We had the literal Manchester Arena bombing inquiry delivered a fortnight ago FFS!! And still we're scrimping on untrained security
That was my first thoughts yesterday to.... Wembley have known about these weakenesses for years, at many of the FA Cup finals etc it happens all the time

Watching some of the clips from the concourse when they pilled through the door, a couple of them got a real hiding from fans inside. I mean, I don't condone violence, but if I've paid 4 figures for my ticket, done covid tests to get in, and then these ticketless ar*eholes try and get in for nowt, I can understand wanting to give them a pasting! But not a good look for England fans...
To be fair, I have no issue with England fans battering people rushing fire exits. If the stewards and police aren't going to do something , someone needs to.

We had the literal Manchester Arena bombing inquiry delivered a fortnight ago FFS!! And still we're scrimping on untrained security
Heard a security expert (ex police spotter for England games too) explaining that everyone in the industry is very rusty, including himself. Said many of the trained badge carrying staff, who do door/security work have had no work for 18months and moved into other industries. Couple that with stewards on the lowest hourly rate who have also not been to a real event for a long time or new to the job.
The police have had no live matches to build Intel or practice either. Although in my opinion Sunday was not the kind of trouble normally associated with football crowds.

There were too many fans, hardly any police (around 2k in London I read) and England playing at home for their first final in 55 years

Lando Norris mugged outside wembley. Some of the worst comments I ever seen.

Was in inside the ground or outside ? Most press seem to be implying it was inside but mentions his car. Let’s be honest, Wembley and surrounding areas are pretty rough. Getting into a £150k+ car with a £40k watch on is pretty stupid. I’d be surprised if it’s football related

Was in inside the ground or outside ? Most press seem to be implying it was inside but mentions his car. Let’s be honest, Wembley and surrounding areas are pretty rough. Getting into a £150k+ car with a £40k watch on is pretty stupid. I’d be surprised if it’s football related

The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley car park when he was attacked by two men.

The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley car park when he was attacked by two men.

Yes. But the official car park is outside of the Wembley stadium cordon. There is no security around it and is public area anyone can go into

Pretty shit thing to happen, terrible it happening anywhere - sure there was a spate of them in Ibiza petrol station a couple of years back.

Be interesting to see who gets caught and done for this. Id be surprised if you avarage football fan (or thug for that matter) is identifying and robbing expensive watches

Privileged people with a lack of common sense.

d be surprised if you avarage football fan (or thug for that matter) is identifying and robbing expensive watches
Indeed. Or to hang around a car park to mug someone. Sounds like it was targeted, or at least they knew there would be VIPs at the game and hung around some nice cars in the car park

Back