The footy !!

Haven't sourced a ticket, my friend didn't get an access code through the fan's club. However we are heading to London tomorrow for 2 nights.

Going to soak up the atmosphere near the ground beforehand. Any suggestions on decent places to watch the match, bookings or not - all ears.

Long shot but if anyone hears of a spare ticket, send us a message 😊

I'm sure this post won't win me any friends on here but it needs to be read and it needs to be shared. If England wants to be loved around the world, it will take more than good PR on the field. The scumbags (not everyone obvs) who follow the national side need to be outed, shamed and jailed.

This is awful and very shameful. But these issues aren’t unique to England. In Russia had a female friend battered. I’ve been gassed in France. Slapped about by police in Croatia. I behave myself at football, and I’m not one of the spanner’s who drinks cans in the square decked out with St George’s crosses.

Haven't sourced a ticket, my friend didn't get an access code through the fan's club. However we are heading to London tomorrow for 2 nights.

Going to soak up the atmosphere near the ground beforehand. Any suggestions on decent places to watch the match, bookings or not - all ears.

Long shot but if anyone hears of a spare ticket, send us a message 😊
Loads jibbed in on Wednesday, so they’re up security tomorrow.

Loads jibbed in on Wednesday, so they’re up security tomorrow.
Yes know people were doubling up, was a bit surprised there weren't stewards outside the turnstiles.

See what the crack is tomorrow around the ground, enjoy it then get somewhere for the game if the touts don't come down a touch.

Bloody hell, going to be honest I wasn't expecting this. England in the final.

I just got home this week, from working away overseas.

While I was away I had no TV, so I haven't been able to see the England team kick a ball live yet.

I was one of only 3 English lads at my location 😬

I put the Denmark match on the other night, shortly after getting home, and a few minutes later the Danes put one in the back of the net!!

I immediately turned it off and went and carried on doing my garden, awaiting the result later.

For this reason I reckon I'm a jinx! I haven't watched a single match, but when I did they conceded a goal!

So with national pride at stake I wont be watching a single minute of the final tomorrow.

Best of luck to both teams by the way.

Mate posted this on fb earlier.
Sunday, 11 July 2021.

The country has waited 55 years, most of us have never experienced seeing England in a major final (Le Tournoi stretching the definition of 'major' a step too far)

Remembering those first England home games as a kid, my dad dragging me up those huge staircases to sit in often sparsely populated stands. Leaving at full time and being carried over a huge pool of piss in the stairwell on the way back down. New Wembley, squeaky clean, but up until now pretty sterile atmospherewise.

Away games are what sorts the men from the boys( can I still say that? Will I get cancelled!?) Often many thousands of fans from all over the country (and even fans exiled overseas) turning up to watch the team, and (usually) support them to the hilt. Sometimes pointless friendlies, or one-sided qualifiers against lowly ranked opposition, you'll always see the same old faces, along with some new ones starting out on the England journey. Friendly locals (love is international ❤️) to some that are not so pleased to see you. Usually (who can forget McClaren 😤) qualifying for a tournament is a breeze. That's where the pain starts.

Whether it's incompetent farts at the FA, awful managers, dodgy refs, questionable squad selections, last minute injuries, dodgy refs, poor tactics, prima donna players that just aren't that bothered, dodgy refs, we've seen it all. That feeling of going into a tournament waiting for the inevitable failure to happen, I guess it's the reason most people ask us 'Why do you waste your money watching that crap?'

We've seen unbelievable levels of corruption at both UEFA and FIFA, even the FA joining in by sending a team to play a friendly in the Caribbean to line the pockets and secure the vote of one of the most corrupt men in football (He voted for someone else to host that WC)

Seeing the faces of regulars, irregulars, those in semi-retirement and those that had pretty much retired, at Wembley over the last month is what it's all about. The pre-match nerves only a tournament can bring. Those wide-eyed smiles after each win (Scotland, wtf happened there?!?)

Multiple discussions over the squad, the team picked for each game, those on the bench and whether the manager is really up to it, all generally conducted in good spirit as most of us fully appreciate football is a game of opinions.

Today is history for the country, win or lose, we finally seem to have a team with young players coming through that seem to be as massive England fans as the rest of us.

Whether I see you in the stadium later, whether you're sat in a pub or the garden with your mates, or sat in the front room on your own as you're too tense to enjoy watching in a group let's all drink this in, and hopefully at the end we can be the ones partying!

PS anyone else got massive feels for Mason Mount over this tournament, seems to be one of the nicest men on the planet?!?

Back