The end of the West End?

i don’t think most in ibiza are anti tourists having a good time. It’s just the lairyness and colonial pack mentality that puts backs up. The sheer rudeness i’ve seen firsthand. also i’ve noticed that the whole working v middle class divide is less obvious in Spain. Everybody from all backgrounds likes late dinners and people generally can hold their drink. Whilst botellones (street piss ups) are a growing issue, there isn’t that underlying powderkeg for trouble at any minute. most kids are more into chilling to a spliff than getting battered. This is what a lot of tourists don’t get. it’s a v different society.

A lot of it is cultural. Britain's problem drinking (in my opinion) stems from we are taught to be reserved and quiet so when alcohol hits we feel free. Also we used to have strict opening times for Pubs so people would drink lots quickly before it closed.

Throw in that we only get a few weeks good weather a year at home and we go particularly wild on holiday. Britain also has a strict class system, there are lots of unwritten rules of how to dress, speak, what to eat and drink etc you are right I dont see the classes as divided in Spain.

A lot of it is cultural. Britain's problem drinking (in my opinion) stems from we are taught to be reserved and quiet so when alcohol hits we feel free. Also we used to have strict opening times for Pubs so people would drink lots quickly before it closed.

Throw in that we only get a few weeks good weather a year at home and we go particularly wild on holiday. Britain also has a strict class system, there are lots of unwritten rules of how to dress, speak, what to eat and drink etc you are right I dont see the classes as divided in Spain.
Totally agree with this, the UK culture when it comes to drinking especially when we head off on holiday to the sun is not great.

Although I always found there were lots of other nationalities in the west end equally capable of doing stuff that could lead to an issue, although not always over-drinking.

For example I can think of one during a particular fortnight every August who would be way over-friendly and pushy with females which used to lead to a lot of trouble. Others openly pick pocketing/selling stuff they shouldn’t be/street crime etc

Agree our culture isn’t the best at times with drinking and stuff, but we’re not the only ones that cause a bit of bother. I guess we all have our quirks!

Last time I went to the West End was probably about 5 years ago, while there I was approached by hookers, dealers and my mate was pick pocketed! Not to add to all the PRs hasseling you to go to their bar and get a free shot of some weird banana liqour, and the general rowdiness, a lot of the time it does feel like a fight is about to break out :)

I think it was the same night where we were walking home and there was a bloke standing in the middle of the walkway by the Ground Zero bar, literally trousers and pants round ankles standing there doing a school boy piss, with his hands in the air! haha says it all really!

Last time I went to the West End was probably about 5 years ago, while there I was approached by hookers, dealers and my mate was pick pocketed! Not to add to all the PRs hasseling you to go to their bar and get a free shot of some weird banana liqour, and the general rowdiness, a lot of the time it does feel like a fight is about to break out :)

I think it was the same night where we were walking home and there was a bloke standing in the middle of the walkway by the Ground Zero bar, literally trousers and pants round ankles standing there doing a school boy piss, with his hands in the air! haha says it all

I think it was the same night where we were walking home and there was a bloke standing in the middle of the walkway by the Ground Zero bar, literally trousers and pants round ankles standing there doing a school boy piss, with his hands in the air! haha says it all really!

It’s certainly never boring that’s for sure! Always plenty to see and do.

Im curious, what’s a school boy piss?

I find it absolutely staggering that people part with money for laughing gas for a 30 second buzz. Buy some poppers if you want a 30 second head rush.

Can’t the bar owners take some responsibility for the ground outside their bar? Half hour at closing to sweep and hose down the area does not seem unreasonable?

I find it absolutely staggering that people part with money for laughing gas for a 30 second buzz. Buy some poppers if you want a 30 second head rush.

Can’t the bar owners take some responsibility for the ground outside their bar? Half hour at closing to sweep and hose down the area does not seem unreasonable?

Only wandered past the OBeach-Itaca-Egg bit to get to the bus station this year so can't comment on the West End but loads of Lookie Lookies blowing balloons up by mouth 🤢 are people that daft??

Only wandered past the OBeach-Itaca-Egg bit to get to the bus station this year so can't comment on the West End but loads of Lookie Lookies blowing balloons up by mouth 🤢 are people that
That doesn’t surprise me. I watched a group of lads part with at least 100 euro between them on the rocks outside mambo before.

Anywhere that drunk people congregate there is mess, get the bar owners to take some responsibility as part of their license renewal. Stop serving glass. Kick out the gas sellers.

Wandered down the West End Sunday morning, that tarmac is just bloody awful! Makes it worse than it was before! Apart from one poor soul passed out in a doorway at 11am it looked very neat and tidy. Thanks to all those workers cleaning it up I guess!

Only wandered past the OBeach-Itaca-Egg bit to get to the bus station this year so can't comment on the West End but loads of Lookie Lookies blowing balloons up by mouth 🤢 are people that daft??
That is a standard marketing technique for people selling laughing gas 😉

Curse those people who dare to walk 🤣

Guessing my translator having an off day.

Is there more police presence to deal with this and the issues sometimes get on promenade area near eden etc?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220708-151402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220708-151402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 12
West end - personally I don't get it. You could be in any town centre, or any of the old 18-30's resorts. It's just not a pleasant place to be, and It wouldn't bother me one bit if if disparaged. In terms of nightlife, Ibiza is about the high quality "super" clubs the likes of which you don't get elsewhere, especially in such proximity, The backstreet bar can be found pretty much anywhere not far from where you live!

West end - personally I don't get it. You could be in any town centre, or any of the old 18-30's resorts. It's just not a pleasant place to be, and It wouldn't bother me one bit if if disparaged. In terms of nightlife, Ibiza is about the high quality "super" clubs the likes of which you don't get elsewhere, especially in such proximity, The backstreet bar can be found pretty much anywhere not far from where you live!
The purpose of the west end used to be for the night off (Back in the day when a 14 night Ibiza trip was feasible).

You could go down the west end and still find big name djs playing in the bars.

Back